PDA

View Full Version : oil coming out of 2stroke blower near air filter????

waterfront landscapes
23-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Hey guys, just woundering if any off you know why my stilh blower is makin oil come out thur the air filter???? like the air filter is blue and also the blower is loseing a bit of bower...

Thanks

mongoose
23-06-2008, 05:33 PM
That sounds not to good .

haireyscarie
23-06-2008, 05:46 PM
was left on it's side
did you mix the fuel for it.(too strong)
or is it stuffed.
cheers
scarie ;frosty;

DAJ
24-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi
Theres a couple of causes for this.First i would check your muffler ,the spark arrester and especialy the exhaust port for any carbon build up .If it is even partially blocked you will lose power and as the engine is not running properly it will spit oil back out of the air inlet [If it cant get out the muffler it has to go somewhere].
Also check the oil/fuel ratio ,if it is too rich you will also get these symptoms.
And the other reason ,which is rare ,is a partially sheared flywheel key which will alter the timing.
But my money is on the exhaust system.
cheers :) :)

waterfront landscapes
24-06-2008, 04:12 PM
thanks DAJ i think it the carbon build up. iv clean it by hand. e.g wire brush and give it a blow with the air compresser. do you recomed any thing else as fair as cleaning the muffler??? thanks alot :wave-hi:

mowjoman
24-06-2008, 07:33 PM
I'd take the arrester out. :wave-hi:

gjs
25-06-2008, 07:47 AM
I removed the arrestor cut a bit off the mesh end and put it back in.Helps to keep it a bit quieter and does not block up any more or lose power due to blockage which caused the oil problem mentioned.

GJS

DAJ
25-06-2008, 08:54 AM
If you can blow air freely through the muffler and the port is clear,then thats about it.