PDA

View Full Version : Cox Ride on

danz
29-06-2008, 01:40 AM
Gday everyone, hope ya all well,, im just wondering does anyone know a rough price or guess how much it would cost to renew the the cone drive setup on my cox stockman 13hp as the two discs are pretty worn out and so is the cone or whatever that bit is called down the bottom that grips on to the discs to go forward and backwards, any help would be much appreciated, :russ:

geoff
29-06-2008, 11:17 AM
danz a cone costs 90 bucks and roughly 80 bucks to install,you will find the drive chain will need replacing 30 bucks and it is unusal for the drive plates....be worn maybe a machine although replacement are around 100 bucks....its far easier but dearer for the mowershop to do it make sure they are cox dealers though....

geoff
29-06-2008, 11:20 AM
thoughonce they start they always find something else to fix ,but once done the cox is economical to run in respect to maintenance costs

danz
30-06-2008, 05:03 PM
thanks heaps for the info geoff,, yeah the plates/discs seem to be quite worn but im sure with a new cone they;d embed and grip fine wouldnt they lol?, i got new chain and sprockets awhile back, they werent real cheap, ill get a new cone for sure, and probably new belts as ive had this cox for a few years now,, thanks again geoff

holdenhead
14-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Hi, what sort of hours are people getting on cones on a cox. mines only done 30 hrs and I've just done the first ajustment. It could have been done a little while ago I guess but it was still trucking along.

Cheers Rick

geoff
14-09-2008, 01:37 PM
rick we normally get around 150 hrs depending on how hard u use them.... hilly slopes tends to wear them quicker and if u are one of those that love hitting the reverse pedal tend to wear it quicker .
Cox say they reckon 150 to 200 , they even brought out a harder cone version but not sure how that went....

holdenhead
15-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks for that info Geoff