PDA

View Full Version : Pricing on mulch

DAJ
02-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi all
I have been doing a lot of re mulching jobs on my commercial properties lately and would like to keep my landscape supplier honest.Could i please get some feedback on what you are paying for mulch.
It is costing me for leaf mulch $25 per cubic metre
and pine bark is $65 per cubic metre. Free delivery if over 10 metres

mowjoman
02-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Where I am Daj....per m3

Woodchip - $62
Tea Tree - $90
Pine Bark - $68
and Peanut shell - $80.

From the only supplier in town and he has no leaf mulch but dump mulch is free...(for a reason...its crap!!!) :)

m287j
02-07-2008, 07:41 PM
The pricing sounds fair to me, i pay around the $50 to $60 mark per cubic metre of euchy mulch or hort bark.

There are definitely some more expensive providers here in Sydney, one i went to last week i thought was particularly expensive, however when i paid for 2 metres i got around 2 and 1/2 metres, so it worked out about the same if not cheaper in the end.

NWGL
02-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Definitely worth shopping around if possible.

Make sure they're giving you their trade price too.

I've also found some will take a bit off the price if you pay cash, or if you are ordering enough, they'll deliver free.

Doesn't hurt to ask !! ;)

DAJ
04-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the input.It looks like i am paying about the right amount. :wave-hi:

administrator
04-07-2008, 10:13 AM
IF ONE IS NOT COMPETITIVE ONE WONT SURVIVE

Most landscape suppliers or any business for that matter will have a base line to work off depending how they run there company will determine the selling price .

Being cost efficient and time efficient will make a big difference in there margins.

We all know that coles and woolies etc have great products in Australia but choose to buy overseas giving them a massive margin between the products and in doing so make more money when they buy better they dont make it cheaper it stays at the same price .

Same as a lawnmowing contractors who might be able to save on spare parts or fuel or insurance etc will he decrease his cutting price of course not .Thats all do to with business savvy . :ebony:

Gan Eden Landscapes
06-10-2008, 07:38 PM
You guys have got it sweet! Here in Kalgoorlie the cheapest for enviro-mulch is $95 plus GST, and $120 for black mulch! We truely get ripped off here.

lifestyle
06-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Invest in a shredder and make your own...

You'll save on trips to the tip and make a little from the mulch.

Gan Eden Landscapes
06-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Invest in a shredder and make your own...

You'll save on trips to the tip and make a little from the mulch.

Indeed. :)

chatza
06-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Gee i pay 56/m pine bark from the garden supplyer but can get 10m of mulch for $120 delivered off the local tree lopper and its all good stuff.
He gives his crap away for free.

Gan Eden Landscapes
06-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Anyone recommend a good mulcher?

haireyscarie
07-10-2008, 05:58 AM
Anyone recommend a good mulcher?
depend's on how much money you have :i dunno: