PDA

View Full Version : Lack of respect!!

The Local Gardener
08-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Hello fellow indies. Hope you are all well! :russ: Just a question..

I converted a quote just the other day and to my suprise, when I pulled up to do the job, someone else has already done it, even after telling them you will be there on the agreed date.. :mad:. This has happened to me 2wice now over 2 full years in the industry. I must admitt though, these 2 so called clients, were of a specific cultural background who I dont usually facilitate. Has anyone come across the same issue?? :i dunno:

Bgs
08-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Thankfully it hasn't happened to me I can understand your frustration.
:dean:
:dean:
;dealers;

NWGL
08-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Gee, you wouldn't be happy about that. :dean:

Did you ask the customer for a please explain, or just keep on driving ?

The Local Gardener
08-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks BGS, it's certainly not a common practice!!! That's for sure. When I do get calls from these particular cultures, I kindly decline the opportunities,as I find that they want me to quote close to knix. I have found that across the board where I facilitate my round. :i dunno: :dean:

The Local Gardener
08-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Gee, you wouldn't be happy about that. :dean:

Did you ask the customer for a please explain, or just keep on driving ?

The 1st time I did and response was my neighbour did it, second time, i was more thorough a little more ascertive, but very professional.. :dean:

administrator
08-07-2008, 07:00 PM
send a bill for fun

The Local Gardener
08-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I should, but I wont. lol, good thought though!!!! Is this Dean??

tree beard
08-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Actually I would send them a bill 25% of your quote and call it a booking fee. Would be worth it just for the lack of respect and the inconvenience :who-knows

bb1
14-07-2008, 08:59 PM
I had a Body Corporate company do that to me, now when I give them a quote, there is a specific line which says, that if quote is accepted, and job is not able to be completed due to site issues (ie completed job), I will charge a 30% fee and a booking fee

administrator
14-07-2008, 09:33 PM
A verbal agreement is just as good as a written one but of course that only works with decent people lol

gjs
15-07-2008, 05:13 PM
has happened a couple of times mainly the elderly, memmory issues, I would also get calls from them wanting an appointment regarding tooth aches, incorrect meals on wheels deliveries,etc poor old things, we all must take our turn apparently bring in the big needle for me when it happens saves everbody heartache in the long run.
PS I had to give them the sack due to constant phone calls and turning up to find the job done.

gjs