PDA

View Full Version : do not buy Baumr-AG 22" Bar chainsaw from agr machinery!

3279colina
14-07-2008, 10:38 PM
DO NOT BUY THE 62cc 22" BAR CHAINSAW FROM AGR MACHINERY OFF EBAY! THE CUT CAPACITY IS NOT EVEN 19" THE PACKAGING IT COMES IN STATES IT HAS ONLY A 52cc ENGINE DISPLACEMENT NOT A 62cc I AM VERY DISSATIFIED WITH THIS PRODUCT! DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

wombat
25-07-2008, 07:36 AM
I too bought an extension chainy off this mob last year. Biggest piece of crap I've ever used. It's flat out cutting a twig!!! Old story....ya get what ya pay for..... :dean:

lifestyle
25-07-2008, 08:09 AM
I done a search for them when i used a mates a few weeks ago. Could only find them on eBay (is that the only place you can buy them ?)

I noticed they did have a 22" 52cc as well as a 22" 62cc for sale.

I've always thought a "22 inch Bar" meant a "22 inch bar"...

Does bar length refer to actual "cut" length or length of the bar (off the machine).

The bolt-up, dogs etc, would reduce the actual cutting capacity.

DAJ
25-07-2008, 09:47 AM
The bar length is generally measured from the tip of the bar to the end of the bar studd cut out, nearest to the tip.The overall bar length is not the true length.
Cheers

Gan Eden Landscapes
06-10-2008, 07:42 PM
I bought a pole saw off these mob via ebay. So far seems ok, does the job, but quality is noway near a Stihl.

TruCut
26-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Does anyone have a contact number for these guys ? I have been looking at the Honda 21 inch but I cant seem to get a number to have a chat about the warranty. I have read some of what you guys have said about AGR, if the Honda is that bad how come they have not been shut down, and I'm sure Honda would not be to happy about their product being badly promoted.

What is the best goping price around the place for a Honda 21 inch ?

Cheers

Lee Fender
26-11-2008, 05:14 PM
I bought a blower from these guys when I started a few months ago. Lasted 20 mins before the choke snapped, waited 3 weeks for a replacemnt part and that snapped straightaway also. gave up and bought another blower. They aren't the best.

Bgs
26-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Does anyone have a contact number for these guys ? I have been looking at the Honda 21 inch but I cant seem to get a number to have a chat about the warranty. I have read some of what you guys have said about AGR, if the Honda is that bad how come they have not been shut down, and I'm sure Honda would not be to happy about their product being badly promoted.

Cheers

The Honda motor they use are great its what they are sitting on that's the problem.

I brought a genuine 216 a couple of months ago for $1300.00 that was the best i could get in Brisbane.

If you cant get a number to chat to them now about buying one imagine what its going to be like when you have a problem.

Another member on here brought some from world mowers and seems happy with them. here is the thread http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=21945#post21945

Sandgroper
26-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Does anyone have a contact number for these guys ? I have been looking at the Honda 21 inch but I cant seem to get a number to have a chat about the warranty.

Cheers

I would be getting one at your local dealer, if you have any problems they are just down the road and not hard to reach.

mowjoman
27-11-2008, 07:00 AM
Thats fine if ya local dealers fine...
Our Honda dealer is an absolute goose!!!
All us lawnies here go to Cairns. I could go on and on about this bloke but I wont, after one certain conversation with this bloke I was tempted to call Handa direct and tell them about the amount of business their representative was driving away from our town.
If you dont have a local dealer (or he's a goose) buy ya parts in bulk, saves && and you'll have ya bits and peices at the ready.

administrator
27-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Mowjoman ill give you a tip Honda dealers and some very high up management read these forums I know that Honda dont take kindly to slack franchisees THEY HAVE VERY HIGH standards one or two franchisees may let them down from time to time i know from experience that they deal with the slackers :) Your post regarding this matter wont go unnoticed .

mowjoman
27-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Excellent. Thanks Admin.
If they do and want any testimonials I and some others I know would be happy to oblige. Like I said before I wont prattle on on a public forum all the details. It is a shame though because in Cairns we get fantastic service.

Bgs
27-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Hey mojoman I have the same problem I am not overly impressed with my dealer either, but like the honda and sthil products he sells.

so i buy it and send it to the local victa guy who is a champ if there is a problem I cant fix he can get spares as well, and I get blades and filters etc from indi.

TruCut
28-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi Guys

Ok still have had not feed back from these guys in any way have done some searching on the web and still cant find much detail on this business, they seem to not want to be found.

I read the bit about Honda reading what is written on this site, surely they would not be happy with what AGR are doing to the Honda name, as in saying its all Honda and yet from what I have read it is not other than the motor.

So are you guys saying that even if anyone pays say $900 for the mower it snot worth the trouble ? I'm only just starting out here in WA and as many of you would know the cost of setting up is high, a Lawn mower with the brand name of Honda for $900 is a good saving for me, especially seeing I want to purchase 2.

I guess you guys would be in the know and if you say stay away well I guess you can’t argue with that.

I think I asked before but I will ask again..... is there anyone business in WA that gives a really good deal on Honda Lawn Mowers, actually I will expand on that a little, is Honda the best way to go ? I like the idea that the one AGR is selling has a 21 inch cut.

Back to you guys for advice...Cheers

administrator
28-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Honda is still the best mower on the market their motors and products are the best .

Try Bob Johnson AT MEY www.mey.com.au.

Yes you are right about Honda being not very happy actually they are dealing with the situation as we speak .

Now the Aussie dollar as dropped those guys may vanish if they havent already .

Bgs
28-11-2008, 04:00 PM
G’day,

Your in W.A don’t you knuckleheads use cylinder mowers anyway lol ;frosty;

I too looked at these before buying a 216 and was given the same feedback as you and advised to stay away, they look similar and $400 difference is a good saving if you were buying the same mower but it is just a cheap knock off.

The way I looked at it was it worth risking buying a machine from a company you can’t speak to that has a bad rep for customer service and quality and risk potential down time to save $400.

having already owned a 196 Honda I was very happy with reliability and performance and I decided that a commercial warranty easily assessable parts and a proven reliable mower was worth spending the extra considering how much work it will do

The Honda 21 inch as I mentioned cost me $1300.00, Buying 2 you might be able to negotiate a further discount make sure you tell the dealer you are a contractor as they usually will do you a deal.

Also do you need 2 maybe you could just get 1 or get a 196 as your second mower you can get them for just under $900.00

All the best with your new business

gjs
28-11-2008, 07:04 PM
I agree with admin if you can not deal with someone in person do not buy off them. I will never buy off Ebay or an other mob other than Dean and the crew as I have dealt with them and know they are geniune. You may pay an extra $300 for the mower if you go thru' a dealer but it is well worth it.

Suppose you buy a mower for $900 from web site

A- you do not get it = Loose $900

B- It packs up unable to get warranty = Loose $900

I keep saying to the wife if you keep buying junk from junk stores eg
crazy c ( ok for kids toys to destroy not for over 2yr olds )
you will end up paying twice as much for it as it will pack up very quickly, best pay for quality from reputable people.

BUY IT ONCE NOT 2 or 3 TIMES

DO NOT JEOPARDISE YOURSELF IT IS A MOJOR DECISIION TO ENTER A BUSINESS DO IT RIGHT DEAL WITH REPUTABLE PEOPLE DO NOT DO DEALS OVER THE WEB TOO MANY FRAUDS OUT THERE.

REGARDS
gjs

TruCut
29-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Hi all

Yes I do understand what you’re all saying about buying rubbish, but I have to say that not everything on eBay is rubbish. I have purchase quite a bit of gear and 99% has been good. Just recently I purchased a heap of Hunter Gear drive sprinklers they turned up the other day for me to use on a job and I paid nowhere near the retail price for them……. But again I do understand what you’re saying.

I have made some calls here in WA and the best price I can get is $1250 for the Honda, so it looks like that is what I will do seeing you guys are saying it’s the best way to go, and I also see where your all coming from.I only made mention of the dollars I’m saving….. or could save, because with all the gear I have had to purchase in the past month, the money I can save helps.

I not only do lawns and gardens but I tree loop, and stump grind as well, and when you have to purchase that gear as well as all new brush cutters chain saws blowers/vac and transport to move it all…. The bank account starts to look a little sad, and the Minister for finances (the partner) sees it going out and not coming in at the same rate, she starts to get a little over-sensitive, and I can assure all of you who read this… you can buy as many boxes of Ferrero Roche as you won’t for her, but always remember they won’t last forever :frightene

Cheers

Shepo
14-03-2009, 06:47 PM
For 150 bucks including postage who really can complain???

administrator
15-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Agree with you Trucut not all stuff on ebay is crap but when it comes to engines for commercial contarctors you cant afford any trouble with equipment there is nothing more frustrating than pulling the cord ten times to get it started you want to pull it once and away it goes nice and smooth .

Domestic consumers yes no problems they have the time to fuff around with it not people earning a living from them .

Machinery does 95 percent of the work they are the workers you employ in a way and have to be treated with respect keep well fed and well maintained otherwise will cost you lots of dollars in time .
Time is money .

Quality gear gives you quality time quality times gives you quality lifestyle .

Initial price for great gear saves hundreds if not thousands down the line .

When you buy an asset especially if it creates money every day is money well worth the expenditure

ian
15-03-2009, 11:11 AM
also don't forget rudd's stimulus pack where if you have capital expenditure on a single item over $1000 you can claim an extra 30% this year
so $900 + no extra claim = $900
$1300 - extra 30% claim = $910
i know which one i would buy

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
06-08-2009, 10:01 PM

Cheers
i paid 1355 for a 216 self propeled the ones on ebay look like a good deal

J&LDavies&Sons
05-08-2013, 10:21 AM
I bought 2 of their chainsaws, both lasted about 5hrs work each. Parts break and other parts which I might add are supposed to hold the thing together just fall out. There is no back up from these people.
I also purchased a mig welder before I had the problems on the saws. It arrived in a damaged carton and on opening it I found parts broken. Emailed them through ebay at least 10 times only to get the run around.
There's a reason you can only buy this junk of ebay and that's because that's the only place people selling junk don't have to face angry customers of which I would suggest there is far more than happy ones.
You might ask why they have good feed back on ebay (not from me I gave them the feedback they deserve) The answer is that when you get your product delivered they send you a note asking to leave good feed back and they will extend the warranty. (What warranty) Obviously people jump at the offer before they use the products.