PDA

View Full Version : loss of power on machines

geejay
27-07-2008, 08:01 AM
i had a expirance of loss of power on a couple of our machines this week,going great guns than they fade away.serviced them cleaning airfilters,fuel filters and the spark arrester filter which was caked in carbon,this would have pushed exhaust fumes back to combustion chamber,causing loss of power.old clogged airfilters can case the same symtons from lack of air getting into the combustion chamber.

simo
27-07-2008, 08:38 AM
If you are still having probs? I would dispose of any old fuel and replace with new fuel, if its more than one machine sounds like dirty fuel..

geejay
27-07-2008, 06:48 PM
thanks mate,the machines all seem to be going well after service.the real test will be on the job tommorow,if the problem persists,i will try new fresh fuel.the fuel filters and spark arrester were chocked up,this could have been the problem.

thanks again

cheers

Gavsmown
31-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Check what type and ratio of oil, had same problem with two stroke mix at 25:1 (green stuff) in my Husky Trimmer, changed to synthetic oil (blue stuff) at 40:1 and had no more problems, I also use Premium Unleaded in all my machines (2 &4 Stroke) purchased from a local dealer/supplier.
Remember you only get what you pay for, those discount fuel dockets need throwing in the bin, had nothing but trouble when using discount fuel in small engines

geejay
31-07-2008, 08:53 PM
thanks mate

had thick moisty misty conditions,same problem after service.got hold of shindawa brisbane,they think its filters,sending new ones down to us,will fit them and see what happens.next fuel stop i will try the premium unleaded.the oil mix and make recomended by shindawa is optima 2 ,at 50:1.

all machines purr along on warm sunny days,its those foggy days with mist.they are brand new and have been fully serviced.we will give the filters a go,but if they do not work,we will put a waranty claim in to shindawa for machine replacement.