PDA

View Full Version : Need your input

Bluey
07-08-2008, 08:08 PM
I had a job today where I had to clean off a synthetic grass tennis court. It was a killer because it had become over grown with moss. Bloody stuff was 3 inches thick.

Anyway I got it cleaned up and looking nice and the owner asked my advice on how to stop the moss growing again. I resisted grabbing him by the throat and telling him to do some maintenance once in a while and told him I would get back to him on the best anti moss process.

Anyone care to help me out?

Mrs HMS
07-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Moss & Algae in turf, synthetic grass tennis courts & granular surfaced tennis courts is basically caused by inadequate drainage, leaf litter build-up and overall poor maintenance.

We've used - Munns Moss Killer & Turf Algicide (which can also be used on grass courts and lawns and we use it on our pavers at home too). See www.munns.com.au for stockists in your area.

I'm sure there are plenty of other products out there also, but this is the only one we have any experience with specifically relating to synthetic grass surfaces.

lawn order
07-08-2008, 11:19 PM
This is cheap as chips and works a treat.
Approved by enviro mobs {I think}
A bit acidic on the soft tissue areas so rug up.
Swimming goggles or such plus mask & gloves.
Remove gloves prior to urination.
Buy Granulated Blue stone {1-2kg} Rural supplies.
Start your blower.
Introduce copper via a venturi system or air inlet.
Double dose shaded areas.
Ring McNamara tennis courts and get a quote for fungal treatment.
Halve the price and take the rest of the day off.
You earned it!

lifestyle
08-08-2008, 07:38 AM
I read a magazine article a couple of months ago about a guy who brushed beach sand over his court in winter and put the victa vac over it in spring.

I didn't read on to see why he did it, but that could have been the reason... I'm not a tennis freak and don't have a call for that type of work.

Stripes
17-06-2010, 02:55 PM
I have a client that is asking about getting her court cleaned. It is synthetic grass with sand through it and has become covered in moss lately from all the rain we have had.

What would be the best way of cleaning it? The sand will be a pain in the ass for pressure cleaning so that is out. If I use a product like the Munns one, what is the process? Do you put it on then wait for it to die off, then do you use a stiff broom to get it off the surface, or will the backpack blower lift it off once it has died? Once it has been cleaned I will hit it with Wet and Forget to try and keep it clean.