PDA

View Full Version : Warm response from Shindawa

geejay
18-08-2008, 10:46 AM
we have developed a really good coms with Shindawa Brisbane over the M/T 2510 c4 problem in cool thick moist morning air.liasing with the tech we have a modified filter system that we have tested.it is not perfect but has improved the machines profarmance 60%.fuel consumption due to lack of air through the filter is still a concern.in summer we ran on a tank for 3 hrs.in thick moist air that tank is gone in a hour and half......main thing Shindawa is being proactive and something positive is coming out to improve the c4 for our cool moist winter conditions and sub-tropical moist warm air conditions.

geejay
19-08-2008, 09:17 PM
worked the m/c from 8.30 am on monday,cold heavy air, high humidty 85%,rain intermitent,batteled,with even the new filter set up,it is a improvement but not perefct.by 11 am m/c went well.

tuesday worked m/c from 8.30am,low humdity 55%,clear crisp cold am,new mod filter in,no problems.

administrator
19-08-2008, 09:21 PM
lota trouble for one bloody unit

geejay
20-08-2008, 07:10 AM
lota trouble for one bloody unit

yes it is....

the dealer related the problem to a tappet adjustment:

we would have had the machine in for servicing a tappet adjustment ever 30-40hrs,the servicing manaul is only ever 150 hrs for tappet adjustment.CACHING,CACHING,CACHING.

clearly the air filtration being used is not correct for thick,moist air..

what tiks me off is we are being used to expirament with c4's,if Shindawa brings out a machine,it should be 100% for all conditions,world wide...............

walter
20-08-2008, 11:04 PM
which is why i won't change to c4 until i know it works as well as 2/ my m230 works all the time with no problems

geejay
21-08-2008, 07:33 AM
which is why i won't change to c4 until i know it works as well as 2/ my m230 works all the time with no problems

yep,i would agree with you on the c4 m2510 tool carrier,clearly from our expirance its not set up right for all conditions.we work in most weather conditions in Melbourne and will have to purchase a 230 tool carrier for the coming winter.the c4 blower and c4 hedger have worked well,the filter system is diffrent.

lawn order
25-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Bluey Schnoozle, a mate of mine, got the contract for algae removal on the Lake Menindie weir walls.
At 12 feet under water he found that the shindy performed just as good as the sthill.
And he was a smart perservering type of bloke.

just like one of us.

lifestyle
26-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Bluey Schnoozle, a mate of mine, got the contract for algae removal on the Lake Menindie weir walls.
At 12 feet under water he found that the shindy performed just as good as the sthill.
And he was a smart perservering type of bloke.

just like one of us.

I consider myself a life long student of philosophy and even i took a while to get to know what the eck you were on... all your posts are starting to make sense...

...geez, i must be on it too... :i dunno:

geejay
26-08-2008, 09:20 AM
I consider myself a life long student of philosophy and even i took a while to get to know what the eck you were on... all your posts are starting to make sense...

...geez, i must be on it too... :i dunno:

brillant stuff,its word art that makes you think outside the square,gotta respect the talent.

geejay
18-09-2008, 08:02 AM
yep,i would agree with you on the c4 m2510 tool carrier,clearly from our expirance its not set up right for all conditions.we work in most weather conditions in Melbourne and will have to purchase a 230 tool carrier for the coming winter.the c4 blower and c4 hedger have worked well,the filter system is diffrent.

as weather warms up and humidty is lower here in Melbourne all the c4 m/c are starting better and working better,c4's have a problem in they will not work in all conditions,even with the filter mod from shindawa,it was a 50% improvement,only.... the red 230 are a better purchase for sure