PDA

View Full Version : body corp

happyeds
22-08-2008, 07:17 AM
I quoted for a body corp bout six months ago didnt get it, there where 22 units all diff sizes. Is there a rule of thumb when quoting for these?

tree beard
22-08-2008, 08:34 PM
not from my experience but I do expect to work on a ratio of winning quotes between 60 to 70 % other wise i raise or lower my price accordingly.

It may just have been one of those? hard to tell without more info on what you bid on and how :i dunno:

blades
22-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Keep persisting, Body Corp is where the real money is, not residential. Its not just the per visit service fee, but all th add ons you will gain.

NWGL
22-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Number of units is irrelevant as you are quoting on the lawns & garden.

Quoting is just like any other job, but strata customers want someone who will do the job properly and who they think will last.

One difference between residential & strata is if you stuff up a residential job, they can find someone else the same day. You stuff up a strata, the committee has to agree to get rid of you, the strata manager becomes involved & they have to get a new lot of quotes etc. Other words, lots of time & hassle.

My advice is talk to the people you meet with. Ask them lots of questions and listen to what they say. Likewise talk to the strata manager. In my experience, the more info you have, the better your chance.

Know what the going rate is for strata work in your area too.

If you don't get the job, ask the strata manager / residents why ? Also ask the strata manager to keep you in mind for anything else that comes up.

One thing worth noting is that it doesn't always come down to dollars. Convince them that you can do the do job & you're half way there.

I've picked up several jobs where they said my quote was the most expensive. But they chose me because I presented myself well, I was confident, I listened to them, and I didn't BS them.

lifestyle
23-08-2008, 06:57 AM
... include a list of the "added extras" you provide that are included in the quote.

offer to do the first run half price IF they are not satisfied with the result.

ask current customers for written references and include copies with your quote.

DAJ
23-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Hi all
As Lifesyle said .Include lots of extras.The bulk of my work is large strata complexes and in every quote i always give 3 options.

The first includes everything you can think of to do with the lawns and gardens a premium service at a premium price .

The second is a more basic service that still covers most things and is cheaper and the third option is to work to there budjet [which you usually dont know at the time].

I win most of my quotes this way and they all go with option 1 or 3 .

I have found that if they set the $ amount for you to work around i just make sure the lawns are always done as a priority and the remaining money is used up per hour gardening etc .I quite often put in requests for extras such as fertilizing ,mulching ,exessive tip fees etc as an add on and usually get it aproved no problems .
cheers

bb1
24-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I now have 4 body corporates, and there is no rule of thumb as to $ per unit. it really depends on what their requirements are, and this can really blow out the cost. At one I just mow, but the big one, is mow, weed, blow, trim, etc. So you need to find out what they want, and if they don't know, put together a list of what you are offering.
Body corporates are a definite way to go, they are regular, reasonably quick payers, you can charge above residential rates (within reason)