PDA

View Full Version : Whats up... ?

lifestyle
15-09-2008, 08:10 AM
.... well maybe not....

:russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: I was going to write about all he spam on the forum, but that might be too opinionated :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

haireyscarie
15-09-2008, 08:56 AM
.... well maybe not....

:russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: I was going to write about all he spam on the forum, but that might be too opinionated :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
bloody 3 pages of the crap.
me thinks they did it to try and hurt us
LMFAO
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

administrator
15-09-2008, 09:17 AM
As you are aware moderators remove spam constantly and thankyou to the folk who report spam you know who u are
Cheers Admin

lifestyle
15-09-2008, 09:47 AM
As you are aware moderators remove spam constantly and thankyou to the folk who report spam you know who u are
Cheers Admin

Thats good, but who are the moderators ? Or are the moderators the administrators ?

It would be helpful knowing who to report spam too :i dunno:

There is no list on the main forum board stating WHO the moderators are.

Bgs
15-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Click report bad post the little triangle with the exclamation mark on the offending post and a mod will sort out. There are a few moderators all using the administrator account.

lifestyle
15-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Click report bad post the little triangle with the exclamation mark on the offending post and a mod will sort out. There are a few moderators all using the administrator account.

Yeah that was my point. Individual moderators aren't recognised... like on this site..www......... moderators are recognised by the green around their username in the "who's online list".

When spammers SEE a site is moderated, they are less likely to spam. On the other side of the coin, if there are several moderators spam wouldn't be an issue. I'd vote for Nev, geejay, Walter & scarie to take the reigns as moderators - They are here regularly and could remove spam as it arrives - it only takes a click!

Bgs
15-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Horses for courses I suppose I like the relaxed feel of this forum and how it’s not heavily moderated and a bit of spam doesn’t bother me it’s usually cleared up pretty quick if you report it. Most forums I am a member of get spammed its just a fact of life some have more moderators than members lol and it still happens.

Most spam is automatically generated by spam bots anyway so they are unaware if a mod is on or not. I think the main issue with this site is they are able to post in Indy mowing message as a guest with out going through the registering process If Admin could change that it might reduce it but it ain’t going to stop it.

lifestyle
15-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Yeah, true. :russ:

ian
15-09-2008, 02:55 PM
ok i just tried and couldn't post a reply until i logged in so the spammers have to register before they can post but this is the same on most forums also eric LS still get there fare share of spammers it just depends how quickly there reported as to how quickly they get taken down

administrator
15-09-2008, 03:03 PM
During the week spam is lifted almost straightaway weekends a different matter

dont look at the black dot on the white board

all is in hand

lifestyle
15-09-2008, 04:26 PM
ok i just tried and couldn't post a reply until i logged in so the spammers have to register before they can post but this is the same on most forums also eric LS still get there fare share of spammers it just depends how quickly there reported as to how quickly they get taken down

Hi Ian,

Yep, i'm somewhat aware of what other forums are like. I moderate and a few others... My experience (and that of other moderators) is that generally, member moderated forums are better forums.

No big deal to me, just thought it worth mentioning. Bloody wet here today, Machinery is clean, serviced and loaded ready to go... nothing better to do :wave-hi:

Bgs
15-09-2008, 04:32 PM

Speaking of Spammers lol :laughing: :laughing: welcome back Ian its been a while since you have posted :wave-hi:

The spam from last night early this morning that flooded the site were all posted under the Indy mowing messages and they were all guests I don't know how they do it but they were not registered users.

Anyway as you said it happens every where and as Admin said they have under control :cool:

lifestyle
15-09-2008, 05:17 PM
If bots register accounts and the user account is deleted, the posts would probably show up as "Guest" accounts until the post or topic itself was deleted... Not sure with vBulliten, my experience is with phpBB.

lol... Since when have links not been allowed in posts ? ;)

mowjoman
15-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Tis good to see you still keeping an eye on this forum Ian.
When I first started reading this forum over 12 months ago now...time flys...the likes of yourself, Big G, Nev, Patch, Chaplin etc dominated these pages with some great stuff...
Where are you all godamit!! You havn't all retired have you? :D