PDA

View Full Version : Untidy clients

Bluey
16-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Whats do you all do with these people. I had a job today where I spent 15 mins tidying up before I even touched the lawn. The place was a pig sty. Crap everywhere.

I thought of just leaving a note saying the place was not in a fit state to mow and I would be back at a set time but I chickened out.

The place is a rental and I rang the landlord tonight and explained the issue and he was really good about it. Offered me more money but I let it go as show of good faith.

What do you guys do with these. Are there any good tips?

tree beard
16-09-2008, 09:22 PM
I had one like that this week but not as bad! so I happily collected all the boxs, bags, plastics, bins etc I very neatly and tidely stacked in front of the rear glass sliding door, but I am sure they could get out through it if they really wanted to :laughing: :) :laughing: :) :ebony:

bb1
16-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I have a couple who I have just included the extra time in the cost, so instead of mowing I am tidying, but still getting paid for it. and saving my gear

NWGL
16-09-2008, 10:01 PM
I guess it would depend how bad it was & how much time I had to spare.

I'd probably clean it up the first time, but i'd make sure they knew that if I have to do it again I'll charge them & that it won't be cheap.

For some reason, people suddenly seem to listen to you & understand what you're saying when you mention $$$$ :i dunno:

Bluey
16-09-2008, 10:06 PM
I have a couple who I have just included the extra time in the cost, so instead of mowing I am tidying, but still getting paid for it. and saving my gear

I thought about that but it it's not the landlords fault. Do I charge hin extra and if I do will he buck

tree beard
16-09-2008, 10:14 PM
If the landlord is a fair bloke he should pay!
He recieves rent from the tenant for his property and is in a business arrangement with them. (doesnt always mean he is making money tho) If the tenant doesnt do the right thing he has the chance to seek remedies through the CTTT. This doesnt mean Id sting the owner the first time, thats good will, but I would there after, it also lets him know and appreciate what his tenants are doing in his very expensive asset. So dont sell your business short, speak with the landlord and manage your business arrangement. It is much more upsetting for the landlord at the end of the tenancy if its gone bad.

NWGL
16-09-2008, 10:22 PM
If it's a regular job, tell the landlord what day you will be there.

Then tell him that you would appreciate it if he would pass this on to the tenants so they can clear the yard beforehand.

The last thing any tenant wants is a landlord hassling them.

TOO EASY YARD CARE
17-09-2008, 09:31 AM
If it's a regular job, tell the landlord what day you will be there.

Then tell him that you would appreciate it if he would pass this on to the tenants so they can clear the yard beforehand.

The last thing any tenant wants is a landlord hassling them.

i agree i have already done this with a land lord no more messy yard on mowing day