PDA

View Full Version : when to service

TOO EASY YARD CARE
17-09-2008, 09:45 AM
just wondering how long you should wait before you put your line trimmer and mower in for a service should it be a reg thing like once a month.

simo
17-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Best to learn basic service of all your equipment ,shall save you $$ then you can do it often, eg. every 2 weeks..

geejay
17-09-2008, 05:36 PM
just wondering how long you should wait before you put your line trimmer and mower in for a service should it be a reg thing like once a month.

service book should give hours of services,we estimate how much each machine works each day,total wkly,carry fwd to next week,service to those hrs.

we try do all services our selves,warantees are bull kaka,not worth the paper they are written on,its a trap to get us over servicing our m/c at work shops.they will entice you with join the other contractors for a beer on friday,caching,caching,caching..we should have drinks/meetings with our own members and discuss how to sort pitas,do our own serving etc,costing work shops,etc, :) power to us indi's,then they will know we are a force to be reackoned with. :)

saturday arvie:wkly services,clean filters,greaseing nipple areas,top up fluids,clean down cutting blades,spray protect it,check mower blades,check,check,check.

then ave a cold one and enjoy the weekend. :)

just john
17-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Geejay, the greasing nipples every Sat arvo with a few beers sounds great :cheer: :cheer:

geejay
17-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Geejay, the greasing nipples every Sat arvo with a few beers sounds great :cheer: :cheer:

for sure,way to go :) :) :)

geejay
17-09-2008, 05:53 PM

watch out for a lawn and order classic,coming sooooon :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

TOO EASY YARD CARE
17-09-2008, 06:26 PM
service book should give hours of services,we estimate how much each machine works each day,total wkly,carry fwd to next week,service to those hrs.

we try do all services our selves,warantees are bull kaka,not worth the paper they are written on,its a trap to get us over servicing our m/c at work shops.they will entice you with join the other contractors for a beer on friday,caching,caching,caching..we should have drinks/meetings with our own members and discuss how to sort pitas,do our own serving etc,costing work shops,etc, :) power to us indi's,then they will know we are a force to be reackoned with. :)

saturday arvie:wkly services,clean filters,greaseing nipple areas,top up fluids,clean down cutting blades,spray protect it,check mower blades,check,check,check.

then ave a cold one and enjoy the weekend. :)

sounds like a great idea

but for those who have no idea where to start on doing your own service its abit harder.

Bgs
17-09-2008, 07:24 PM
sounds like a great idea

but for those who have no idea where to start on doing your own service its abit harder.

You will get there I had no idea at all when I started and I mean no idea. I have all the manuals for my equipment in a folder they explain what needs maintaining when, anything I haven't understood I have researched on the internet. There is a great thread on hear about servicing your equipment with Carby Cleaner.

Just follow your service manual anything you do not know how to do ask us we would be glad to help :wave-hi: :wave-hi:

TOO EASY YARD CARE
17-09-2008, 07:27 PM
You will get there I had no idea at all when I started and I mean no idea. I have all the manuals for my equipment in a folder they explain what needs maintaining when, anything I haven't understood I have researched on the internet. There is a great thread on hear about servicing your equipment with Carby Cleaner.

Just follow your service manual anything you do not know how to do ask us we would be glad to help :wave-hi: :wave-hi:

service with a smile i like that :laughing:

tree beard
17-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Mmm well I use mondays as a service day!

Check all the gear, sharpen the baldes, chase up quotes, fill the fuel cans, mow a lawn or two close to home. Works for me. just try to create a routine/ habbit that is good for you and your commitments. Good habbits rule, but bad habbits are more fun :laughing: :)

geejay
17-09-2008, 09:51 PM
sounds like a great idea

good to start at the begining,not to sound wise ass,but start with the basics,clean airfilters,check plugs,clean with wire brush,check spark plug gap etc get more confidence,then step up,use forum,ask questions,learn from mistakes,thats how we grow,iam a tech by trade and still learning 20yrs down the line,iam going to do my own tappet adjustment on my c4,it worries me that i will stuff it up,well if i do,hopefully i learn't something,if i don't stuff it up,bakgat,i 've saved $45,over 2 yrs thats $400,pratically a new machine. :) :) :)

simo
18-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Grab an old mower pull it to pieces find out how it all works look on the net for info, if your up to it put it back together and hopefully it will go. if it dosn`t at least you learnt something.. :)