PDA

View Full Version : Off-sider for hire!

GazzaP
18-09-2008, 11:43 PM
As I've mentioned previously, I am emigrating from UK (initially) to live in Rockingham WA.
Then I intend setting up, or possibly buying a lawncare round.
The time I arrive, November, from what I read, is getting into you guy's busy time.
So I was wondering if anyone could do with an offsider for a while?
Hopefully I can learn about the job (and if it suits me!) and you get some cheap labour in return :)
As I say, I arrive in Oz on 4th Nov. I owe it to my family to take a couple of weeks at least while we begin to settle, so anytime after, lets say 17/18th Nov, I am available to help.
Ideally not too far away from Rockingham, but I am willing to travel a little. Even if you have the odd morning when your stuck, or just a couple of days- give me a shout.
I will update my local contact details when I get a mobile phone and home phone etc after arrival.
Cheers
Gaz

geejay
19-09-2008, 03:48 PM
a little advice, i doubt you will get a offer,but if you do,well done,if you don't,join up and get fast track,even pretend to want to join a franchise,go out with them,you'll get tips as you go along,jims here in melbourne do a mowing/gardening intro for $750 maybe av in Perth,worth going on,get quotes and even get a contractor to do your lawn,watch and learn,then get going before the winter sets in.

i had a friend who is a pro help me get going,very lucky,was a huge help.

i do not know why retired ex pro lawnies/gardeners do not run courses for newbies,it a buz opp waiting,i reckon. :)

GazzaP
19-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Good advice right there fellas! :clap:

But the offer still stands- I'm not too bothered about getting paid (well), but I'll hopefully be able to help someone out who gets swamped with work in the coming months.
Gaz

geejay
20-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Good advice right there fellas! :clap:

But the offer still stands- I'm not too bothered about getting paid (well), but I'll hopefully be able to help someone out who gets swamped with work in the coming months.

Gaz

i have a aunt in rockingham wa ,how about a consultation contract for a month with some surf excursions :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ;)

Premier
20-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Geejay:
jims here in melbourne do a mowing/gardening intro for $750 maybe av in Perth,worth going on,get quotes and even get a contractor to do your lawn,watch and learn,then get going before the winter sets in.
I just picked up on this...Geejay where did you get this info?
Has Jimbo issued a programme to show what you get for your money because like you I see an opportunity for the entreprenuers amongst us :cool:

Jimbo is pretty good at extracting cash :frightene from every angle imaginable and this appears to be another one!

Tell us more...

Cheers ;)

Premier

geejay
20-09-2008, 06:10 PM
I just picked up on this...Geejay where did you get this info?
Has Jimbo issued a programme to show what you get for your money because like you I see an opportunity for the entreprenuers amongst us :cool:

Jimbo is pretty good at extracting cash :frightene from every angle imaginable and this appears to be another one!

Tell us more...

Cheers ;)

Premier

the gardening/mowing program was offered to us when we were looking at purchasing a franchise late 07 early jan 08,run at Morolobark NE melbourne.how we understood it from 08 all new franchisers throughout Australia and Nz must do the program.

GazzaP
29-11-2008, 03:55 AM
As I've mentioned previously, I am emigrating from UK (initially) to live in Rockingham WA.
Then I intend setting up, or possibly buying a lawncare round.
The time I arrive, November, from what I read, is getting into you guy's busy time.
So I was wondering if anyone could do with an offsider for a while?
Hopefully I can learn about the job (and if it suits me!) and you get some cheap labour in return :)
As I say, I arrive in Oz on 4th Nov. I owe it to my family to take a couple of weeks at least while we begin to settle, so anytime after, lets say 17/18th Nov, I am available to help.
Ideally not too far away from Rockingham, but I am willing to travel a little. Even if you have the odd morning when your stuck, or just a couple of days- give me a shout.
I will update my local contact details when I get a mobile phone and home phone etc after arrival.
Cheers
Gaz

Update:
We are now in Oz, and loving it! :aus-flag:
Strange set of circumstances led me into buying a business in manufacturing rather than lawncare- an oppurtunity too good to pass up!
But thanks all for your advice and the general advice on this website, quite a lot of it applies to business in general not just Lawns :cool:
Anyway, good luck to you all, and I might see ya around? :wave-hi:
Gaz

Sandgroper
29-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Whats the business called Gazz ? Might need you sometime .

Are you getting the $14,000 first home owners grant ? I hear you can get it straight off the plane,,cheers,,,

administrator
29-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Great Suff Gazz dont forget when you needs your lawns mowed you know where to come .
Welcome to Australia Yahoo

GazzaP
30-11-2008, 12:31 AM
Whats the business called Gazz ? Might need you sometime .

Are you getting the $14,000 first home owners grant ? I hear you can get it straight off the plane,,cheers,,,

The main company names are Sleeptech and Upholstery-By-Design. It's upholstered beds and made to measure furniture. We will be (initially) only selling to retailers, maybe online/direct to public also soon.

No home owners loan, yet. We're putting all our money into the business and renting a home for a while- wait for the market to bottom out first ;-)
Our rental has mowing included, I was chatting to the guy yesterday, told him about this website, he's an Indy. :cool:
Gaz

Sandgroper
30-11-2008, 12:47 AM
No problems,,take it easy. :)