PDA

View Full Version : Ariens V Honda

aaron
26-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Im 6'5 in height, and wanting to know if either of the two are more suited to tall people. The problem I have is kicking the catcher if i try to walk to fast. So a longer handle would help. In saying that ive never used a comercial push mower, so maybe they are bigger than the Honda residential I use at home now.

Also, with the Ariens, can the Indi shop get the 21inch with the swivel wheels?

Thanks,
Aaron

DAJ
27-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Have you considered the Rover 560 22in S/P.This mower has very long and high handle bars and is a very good commercial mower.I think it would solve the problem.Worth a look anyway.
Cheers

63impala
27-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Iam 6f4 and I dont have any proplems with the honda Self propled,Are you after push or s/p?

Im 6'5 in height, and wanting to know if either of the two are more suited to tall people. The problem I have is kicking the catcher if i try to walk to fast. So a longer handle would help. In saying that ive never used a comercial push mower, so maybe they are bigger than the Honda residential I use at home now.

Thanks,
Aaron

administrator
27-09-2008, 11:38 AM

Thanks,
Aaron
Hi Aaron
yes the swivel wheels are a kit attachment

also i have spoken to Honda Requesting that they bring in and supply a 21 inch swivel whelled model such as they have in America and they have embraced the idea whole heartedly so will keep you posted on the communications in the future
...Honda are committed to bringing the best equipment to commercial contractors .

aaron
27-09-2008, 02:58 PM
63impala - Yeah ill be after the sp model, which I hope is my saving grace.

Admin - That would be good. Im looking at starting at the beginning of next winter, it would be nice to see it in production around then. Id prefer honda for the swingback blades, as im sure Ariens been American, will be a bar blade?

aaron
27-09-2008, 02:59 PM
DAJ - thanks for that info, ill check it out.

Shepparton Lawn Care
29-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Hello Admin,
I am extremely interested in the honda s/p with swivel wheels - i believe it would take some stress from the "handle frame", simple spinning mower around instead of putting downward pressure on handle to lift front wheels to turn around. Please keep us posted as you can pencil me in for one - as my 216 is nearly 4 years old-2 sets of rear wheels, and just on the second set of front wheels!

geoff
02-10-2008, 11:03 PM
with the swivel do u get the control of keeping the mower dead straight on the lines ????

mongoose
21-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi there i had a Ariens for about 3-4 years . Like any mower they have there good points and bad . I also had the swivel front wheel conversion which i loved . The robins motors i like better than my Honda . The chassis is near indestructable and you can also side thow with it , But the the reason i sold it was that if the lawns you mow arnot nice and flate the comes to a almity stop in which you normaly run into the handle bars . I did some panel beating on the under side front and backand bent the the metal up to give it a slight concave like a honda has it was better but still frustrating . And allso the drive to rear wheels is to one wheel only caused by the diff action unlike that of the Honda with the locked diff . Admine i like the sound of the Honda with the swivel fron wheels , is that on the same mower that has the realy fine mulch and also half much and half pick up ? Don't get me wrong i loved that Ariens mower it just wasent suttablt ot my lawns that i had at the time. Also they would have to be the fastest mower around , I could get a nice little jog up chassing it but i only lasted about 5 lawns then i would have to slow her down to a more normal pace . :laughing: