PDA

View Full Version : Customers jumping ship

simo
07-10-2008, 08:49 PM
HI all lost 3 good customers in the last 2 weeks have had all 3 for the last 6-8 yrs ,they are now getting home care to mow there lawns :mad: :mad: :dean: :dean: :sad: Just hope these are one off and not things to come with financial worries ect........... :i dunno:

tree beard
07-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi Simo

What is this new threat????

Homecare?

administrator
07-10-2008, 09:01 PM
About the Home Care Service
The Home Care Service of NSW helps people to live independently in their own homes. Services include:

> Domestic assistance

> Personal care

> Respite care

Eligibility

Frail older people and younger people with disability in NSW and their carers who are having difficulty managing in their own homes are eligible for help from the Home Care Service.

Being eligible does not mean you will automatically get a service as there is a high level of demand.

tree beard
07-10-2008, 09:17 PM
So do they use contractors to provide the service or is it a volunteer type of set up??

Just have not heard of it in my area :wave-hi: :i dunno: :)

geoff
07-10-2008, 09:17 PM
we have them in south east of melbourne too.... they charge out 15 bucks a lawn and get the rest from council...still not what the going rate is....dont let too many know this :(

lifestyle
07-10-2008, 09:39 PM
You can register with them i believe. They use private contractors to provide the work. You should still get your money, the sources may be different though.

geoff
07-10-2008, 09:43 PM
i am not sure but their rates might not be what it should be....we have a work cover contract and they pay by the hour at 32 dollars so to get your rate u have to add say 1.5 hrs for a lawn.... one thing is they can provide bulk but they are slow sometimes at paying although they are not alone .

mowjoman
08-10-2008, 05:13 AM
In Qld we have Home Assist Secure and for mowing they contribute $15 of which I am registered.
Most of my elderly customers I've moved onto the scheme and have gained quite a few new ones. My rates are the same the only difference is if the lawn is a $45 job, the customer pays me $30 and I bill Home Assist the other $15, when I've got say 10 invoices I send it off and a week later I have a cheque.
Check out thread below..have posted contact details for Qld anyway...not sure of other states. :wave-hi:
http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=20836#post20836

simo
09-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Gave home care nsw a call to see if i could keep mowing these lawns and bill them for a partial amount ,they were not sure and said they would look into it ??? Don`t know if I can bother sending more acct`s when there is a lot of cash work going around at the moment :i dunno: It would only be to keep good reiable customers..

a grass act
12-10-2008, 05:36 PM
There is also a scheme on the northern side of sydney called community assist lawnmowing through http://www.easycaregardening.org.au/
Same setup with people receiving 15 vouchers per year and they contribute min of 11 dallars, and the vouchers are worth 22 dollars. You set the money side of things so if its a bigger job you change a higher amount. Good scheme to get into as there is no advertising, they are are all older and i do most on mon, tue wed to fill in the gaps. Only proviso the providers want is insurance details

The Local Gardener
15-10-2008, 10:34 AM
A humble business is the most successfull business. No matter how loyal we all think our customers are, the moment the coin is a little lower, you are no longer on their required list. The funny part of it all they call back when the service fails for them.

simo
15-10-2008, 06:43 PM
A humble business is the most successfull business. No matter how loyal we all think our customers are, the moment the coin is a little lower, you are no longer on their required list. The funny part of it all they call back when the service fails for them.
Yes I have had them call me up to do pruning rubbish ect, all the stuff homecare won`t do...Plus I have had feed back from a converted customer that the service is cr@p and after months of there service they have not even spoken to the home care lawnie..They just turn up mow and go...

mowjoman
16-10-2008, 04:56 AM
Yes I have had them call me up to do pruning rubbish ect, all the stuff homecare won`t do...Plus I have had feed back from a converted customer that the service is cr@p and after months of there service they have not even spoken to the home care lawnie..They just turn up mow and go...

The service of THAT particular home care lawnie was crap...be careful not to tar us all with the same brush there Simo :laughing:

I'm the home care lawnie in my town and with my name on the ute and trailer I'm sure to give the best service I can to all my customers.

It really is a great service and we all know the ol' pensioners need all the help they can get. I think it was Geoff that said on this forum not long ago the oldies are always the 1st to increase the price, always have the done, always recomend you to their friends and as long as you look after them will always stay loyal :russ:

simo
16-10-2008, 09:15 PM
The service of THAT particular home care lawnie was crap...be careful not to tar us all with the same brush there Simo :laughing:

I'm the home care lawnie in my town and with my name on the ute and trailer I'm sure to give the best service I can to all my customers.

It really is a great service and we all know the ol' pensioners need all the help they can get. I think it was Geoff that said on this forum not long ago the oldies are always the 1st to increase the price, always have the doe, always recomend you to their friends and as long as you look after them will always stay loyal :russ:
No need for offence Mowjo I `am sure there are lots of good homecare lawnies out there , It is just this particular lawnie I have watched him service lawns like this :mad: Not a freindly fellow and does a cr@p job , Don`t know how he survives without a :wave-hi:

mowjoman
17-10-2008, 06:14 AM
:laughing: None taken mate...
Doesn't sound like he'll be in business for long term ay.

Bluey
17-10-2008, 07:26 PM
I did a quote today for an occupational therapist . She has a woman who is on Work Cover and they are paying for her lawn and garden maintenance. Yes that is right they are paying for it.

Well anyway they contacted a big reputable company to do the job and they did it and she got hold of me off my web page to come and fix it up.

The place was butchered. Edges looked like they had been done with an axe and they had dumped the clippings in an old unregistered trailer on the property.

The place was in a mess to start with but they left it in a mess. Did'nt even blower vac the paved areas. The company paid big money too.

So now I have to fix it but it is interesting to find out that Work Cover pays for this type of thing

simo
07-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Well 2yrs after a customer jumping ship with home care I got a call to see if i could come back and mow again as they were no longer eligiable for home care any more..I said yes because it`s across from 2 others and said it`s now $10 more than before..