PDA

View Full Version : How much cut grass

Hustler
10-10-2008, 04:05 PM
How much cut grass do you remove from properties today i removed 4.5 cubic metres as thats what my trailer holds .
Just curious what others take away .Regards Nev
Ps The Grass has taken off make hay while its there boys i think we are going to have another bad one. :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno:

simo
10-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I 50% mulch 50% bag , so about 2 cubes max for 7-9 lawns per day,

geoff
10-10-2008, 07:31 PM
nev mate u must of mown loads to get that ....thats is a lot of grass i hope u cleared it at the ti[ the same day .... i did that once and left it in the driveway cause i was too tired to go to the tip...should of heard the mrs complainung about the smell after a hot day..neighbours looked at me too..see we live in a court full of professional u know the suit type and look down their nose at the gardener...well i just left it till monday ... :laughing:

lifestyle
10-10-2008, 09:25 PM
How much cut grass do you remove from properties today i removed 4.5 cubic metres as thats what my trailer holds .
Just curious what others take away .Regards Nev
Ps The Grass has taken off make hay while its there boys i think we are going to have another bad one. :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno:

Not that much!!

I average around 7 - 10 Wool bales (about 4 or 5 72L catchers per bale). Thats usually from 7 - 9 hours work.

holdenhead
10-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi all, I am very lucky coz all my customers have green waste bins, I take 2-3 chaff bags with me every day and if i have to take some away it can always be put in the next lawns bin. I mulch what can be mulched but there ain't much of that happening lately.

Hustler
11-10-2008, 05:41 AM
Lifstyle how could you do so much work in a day cause your always on the forum having a dribble .become a member and then we may not take the -iss out of you so much but then again you are from down south as far as you can get .That Says it all ha ha.
Back to the grass i usslley mulch but its getting to thick to mulch as its growinng like crazy at the moment.
the trailer will stink this morning its locked in my factory so when i go there the steam will come out the doors when i open them . :wave-hi: :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Nev

BLACK BEAR
11-10-2008, 07:24 AM
:i dunno: grass growing like crazy :i dunno:
:( which part of the world you from nev :(
wish we could have some of the same down south in melb :Rain:

lifestyle
11-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Lifstyle how could you do so much work in a day cause your always on the forum having a dribble .become a member and then we may not take the -iss out of you so much but then again you are from down south as far as you can get .That Says it all ha ha.
Back to the grass i usslley mulch but its getting to thick to mulch as its growinng like crazy at the moment.
the trailer will stink this morning its locked in my factory so when i go there the steam will come out the doors when i open them . :wave-hi: :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Nev

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pretty simple really...

I can't start work until i get the kids to school. Because Beth is disabled it takes 2 to get her to school (One driving one in the back seat so she doesn't pull the car apart).

Then i go to work and work like mad until its time to pick them up (if i'm needed). I usually try to help get her home, but she's usually tired in the afternoon and less active. With her harness Narelle can generally handle her herself.

Then i go back to work until its either too dark or i finish for the day - Daylight savings is making life easier [or is that harder :i dunno: ].

If its too wet i stay home and work my internet business. (I manage 12 websites and sell several organic products - from Organic garden products, seeds etc, to Organic Health and Personal care. So if i'm on the computer i generally leave the indy forum up and refresh the page periodically to see what all the other lawnies are up to.

If you consider that dribble too, i suggest you get your :Rain: out.

BLACK BEAR
11-10-2008, 11:55 AM
:wave-hi: ;) When you become a public listed company let me buy shares because you seem to be doing a roaring trade in front of that computer :laughing:

lifestyle
11-10-2008, 01:24 PM
:wave-hi: ;) When you become a public listed company let me buy shares because you seem to be doing a roaring trade in front of that computer :laughing:

We did have a Pty. Ltd. company until about 4 years ago. We downsized dramatically and decided to restart smaller this time round.

If we ever go public, i'll let you know... ;) (he says sarcastically).

Hustler
11-10-2008, 04:53 PM
:i dunno: grass growing like crazy :i dunno:
:( which part of the world you from nev :(
wish we could have some of the same down south in melb :Rain:
Black Bear Im in the south western part of victoria near warrnambool the grass is going crazy ive hade them at three weeks but its time to do them every two some want them done weekly but i just cant keep up with it
Regards Nev

gjs
12-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Grass going crazy in Brsbane also even had an unusual winter this year grass kept growing still haven't had a break this year and can't see one for the next six months

gjs

haireyscarie
12-10-2008, 07:22 PM
the grass never stops here on the mid nth coast of NSW
GODS COUNTRY

holdenhead
13-10-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm in SE melbourne and the grass is growing very fast. Most lawns are 2 weekly even the ones that dont do 2 weekly.

Cheers Rick