PDA

View Full Version : Just signed up and ready to start

Scott B
17-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi there all, my name is scott and i have just ordered my started kit looking to start my own lawn mowing business, would be great if any one has any tips or ideas to help me on my way. This is a great web site and im looking forward to hearing what you long guys and gals have to say. Thanks alot

just john
17-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Scott ,where are you from and it's a good time to be starting the grass in going(GROWING)mad especially on the Central Coast :wave-hi: :cheer:

Bluey
17-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Welcome Scott.

Wish the grass was growing here Just John. Things are getting dry already. They moved the Fire Danger Season ahead due to the dry conditions

Scott B
17-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the reply mate, im from south gippsland victoria. Yes the grass is in full swing at the moment, just hope it stays that way and we continue to get rain to help it along!!!

benny
24-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Well well another gippsland lad. all the best scott hope it all grows well. The grass that is. :Rain:

Back to Basics
09-09-2009, 10:02 PM
You beauty am now official, just need to put the stickers on the trailer and I will be the proudest Indo in town.

Thanks Dean for the fast delivery and I have begun the reading journey and the learning process.

I unfortunately will be a weekend warrior for a while and will hope to get my insurance sorted ASAP.

I look forward to meeting my fellow Indo's and also look forward to reading the informative and often funny posts.

This place is like a brotherhood, I am glad I have found and joined it!!!! :wave-hi:

The Local Gardener
10-09-2009, 04:17 PM
You beauty am now official, just need to put the stickers on the trailer and I will be the proudest Indo in town.

Thanks Dean for the fast delivery and I have begun the reading journey and the learning process.

I unfortunately will be a weekend warrior for a while and will hope to get my insurance sorted ASAP.

I look forward to meeting my fellow Indo's and also look forward to reading the informative and often funny posts.

This place is like a brotherhood, I am glad I have found and joined it!!!! :wave-hi:

Good luck Scott and Back to Basics..

gjs
11-09-2009, 02:04 AM
WARNING to newbies
BEWARE of scamming fraudsters. In case you have not read posts yet. These scum are at it again. They get your number from the newspaper add and try to get you to sign up for some kind of police publication. approx $250
I was conned previously and they were supposed to have been to QLD court a few years back however they contacted me again today wanting to place an add. What a goose.
DO NOT ADVERTISE FROM COLD CALLERS.

cheers and good luck
gjs

Stripes
11-09-2009, 07:31 AM
WARNING to newbies
BEWARE of scamming fraudsters. In case you have not read posts yet. These scum are at it again. They get your number from the newspaper add and try to get you to sign up for some kind of police publication. approx $250
I was conned previously and they were supposed to have been to QLD court a few years back however they contacted me again today wanting to place an add. What a goose.
DO NOT ADVERTISE FROM COLD CALLERS.

cheers and good luck
gjs

Yes take note fellas. I think these scum have got most people when new to the game. They got me once, but failed to get me another 3- 4 times when giving the old garbage about either Police magazine, school magazine or something else to pull on the heart strings. I would love to get my hands on them :mad:

They may call and say they spoke to your partner who agreed to it, or that a cop recommended you etc etc. They also just send invoices out every 2 days to pressure you into paying and threatening legal action. Just ignore it and report it!!!

administrator
11-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Thread dedicated to the exact same thing for more info on that scammer .

http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=878&highlight=police+magazine

administrator
08-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Thread dedicated to the exact same thing for more info on that scammer .

http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=878&highlight=police+magazine

I have removed this link at the moment as some posts may not be correct and we are investigating those posts .

Police magazine Downunder advertises on International Police Association AUSTRALIA Website .This magazine has nothing to do with other cold callers calling themselves a Police magazine .

http://www.ipa-australiapolice.com.au/social/police-downunder-magazine.php

Stripes
14-10-2010, 05:31 PM
What ended up happening with the Police Down Under mag Admin?

I had a call today from somebody supposedly from the SES. Trying to get me to put an add in a brochure that will go out to recruit new members as their volunteer numbers have decreased rapidly, and they need funds to send out the brochures. It sounded suss from the beginning and as I have been done before I am very wary. I didnt let him get a chance to say how much it costs before I cut him off but beware of it. The SES does not call people for donations or advertising.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
14-10-2010, 10:22 PM
What ended up happening with the Police Down Under mag Admin?

I had a call today from somebody supposedly from the SES. Trying to get me to put an add in a brochure that will go out to recruit new members as their volunteer numbers have decreased rapidly, and they need funds to send out the brochures. It sounded suss from the beginning and as I have been done before I am very wary. I didnt let him get a chance to say how much it costs before I cut him off but beware of it. The SES does not call people for donations or advertising.

I think spring and autumn are their preferred times to swing into action. I have had a number of calls from scammers claiming to be associated with the police and to this day every time I ask for a number to call them back on. I get excuses why they can't give me a number. Next time I will put them on the spot and ask how many suckers have fallen for this ****e. I have a customer that is a cop and have spoken to him about this. He has shown me the magazine and told me they don't ring random business to advertise. Unfortunately I can never get enough info out of these @ricks to be of any use for the real police.

Bluey
15-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Getting a bit off topic but another scam that is running wild at the moment is calls purporting to be updating "your listing" with Optus or Telstra databases. Normally Indian callers wanting all your details to supposedly update their listings. I tell them all I never give info like that over the phone and to send me an email at my contact address and I will consider their request. Strangely I never receive these emails. I wonder why.

South East Mowing
15-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Getting a bit off topic but another scam that is running wild at the moment is calls purporting to be updating "your listing" with Optus or Telstra databases. Normally Indian callers wanting all your details to supposedly update their listings. I tell them all I never give info like that over the phone and to send me an email at my contact address and I will consider their request. Strangely I never receive these emails. I wonder why.

Do you let the call go that far????:no pity. If i get a pause, or 'is this Mr???, or Am i talking to?? etc etc and I am pretty sure its not a quote then my phone call just gets cut off:flush

Bluey
15-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Lol...Have to be a little careful. Large Indian population over here that ring for jobs but your right. I normally get .."Is that Mr Bruce"