PDA

View Full Version : Nut Grass

Bluey
18-10-2008, 08:36 AM
I am fighting a losing battle in my own garden with a patch of nut grass. I have tried everything on it to get it under control but the best i can do is make it sick for awhile.

Does anyone have the super you beaut nut grass killer formula. Bloodly stuff is almost indestructible. :(

Bgs
18-10-2008, 09:00 AM
I am fighting a losing battle in my own garden with a patch of nut grass. I have tried everything on it to get it under control but the best i can do is make it sick for awhile.

Does anyone have the super you beaut nut grass killer formula. Bloodly stuff is almost indestructible. :(

for garden beds Sheet Mulching has worked the best for me, I cover it with cardboard then with a thick layer mulch. If it breaks through more cardboard and mulch eventually it gets the idea.

I have some gravel areas that it pops up in every morning when I make my cuppa I go out and tip the boiling water on it doesn't total eradicate it but it keeps it in check.

administrator
18-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Nut Buster Herbicide

Product Name: Nut-Buster Herbicide
Active Constituent/s: 750 g/kg halosulfuron-methyl
Applicant Name: Allfire Enterprises Pty Ltd
Applicant ACN: 097 970 280
Summary of Use: For selective post-emergence control of nutgrass in sugarcane and corn/maize and sorghum, for selective post emergence control of nutgrass and mullumbimby couch in turf and for control of nutgrass in cotton using shielded sprayers.
Date of Registration: 28 July 2004
Label Approval No: 59016/0704, 59016/100/0704, 59016/500/0704

supposed to work really well also works well on Mullumbimby Couch but i do believe its expensive .

...Nutbuster herbicide knocks out yellow and purple nutsedges without injury to turfgrass, established ornamentals, shrubs, and/or trees. This selective herbicide also controls a wide range of broadleaf weeds and suppresses kyllinga on woody ornamental plants. this is the view of Wendell Trading Company ...

Bgs
18-10-2008, 09:31 AM
LOL I love the name Nut Buster :frightene

Hugh Jarss
18-10-2008, 09:45 AM
When my nutgrass gets too long I use the Ronson precision bodyhair trimmer on it.... it does grow back though.... they say that waxing gives a longerlasting solution but I didn't really want to go there :frightene

Bgs
18-10-2008, 10:23 AM
When my nutgrass gets too long I use the Ronson precision bodyhair trimmer on it.... it does grow back though.... they say that waxing gives a longerlasting solution but I didn't really want to go there :frightene

Haha there is also a product called Nads rub it on and the hair falls off
:laughing:

Hugh Jarss
18-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Haha there is also a product called Nads rub it on and the hair falls off
:laughing:

Yes well you better be REALLY careful where you go rubbing that stuff Bgs... might end up with a whole lot less than you bargained for :frightene