PDA

View Full Version : lookers,lurkers,

geejay
22-10-2008, 06:35 AM
now this is a funny one,a client that sits and watches you do your job,upfront looker,then the lurker looker that sneaks a peep from behind blinds,then you have car lurkers that drive up and watch you mow :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i personally have had all the above,the worst was a guy that sat on his deck chair everday for 3 wks watching our ever move while we did his garden makeover :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simo
22-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Yep had a lady today drove up sat in her car and watched me mowing for 5min then got out walked over with money in hand ( I had never seen this lady in my life ) & said do I pay you now ??? I said were you from :confused: She said down the road you mow my lawn . I said no I don`t but I can if you would like me to. She say`s you mow my lawn after this one ;dealers; NO I don`t you have me confused with some one else ,then she walks off all confused :i dunno:

Sandgroper
22-10-2008, 06:20 PM
i personally have had all the above,the worst was a guy that sat on his deck chair everday for 3 wks watching our ever move while we did his garden makeover :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If i had someone from Africa doing my gardens i would be watching like a hawk as well ;)

Had an African guy wanted all the gardens removed,,front and back,,some nice plants amongst them as well ,,half the time he was singing " i beg your pardon i never promised you a rose garden " ,,he liked roses and thats what he was intending to replace the garden with,,lots and lots of roses,,,

Our last conversation went something like he was tired of renting and might buy himself a house sometime ,,i thought he was the owner :confused: ,,,when i went past from the tip he seemed to be argueing with a well dress man who was gesturing towards the
garden,,i put pedal to the metal,,,but i have always believe it was the owner he was argueing with :abcfra:

geejay
22-10-2008, 08:03 PM
If i had someone from Africa doing my gardens i would be watching like a hawk as well ;)

Had an African guy wanted all the gardens removed,,front and back,,some nice plants amongst them as well ,,half the time he was singing " i beg your pardon i never promised you a rose garden " ,,he liked roses and thats what he was intending to replace the garden with,,lots and lots of roses,,,

Our last conversation went something like he was tired of renting and might buy himself a house sometime ,,i thought he was the owner :confused: ,,,when i went past from the tip he seemed to be argueing with a well dress man who was gesturing towards the
garden,,i put pedal to the metal,,,but i have always believe it was the owner he was argueing with :abcfra:

funny thing this was in africa,a african watching a african :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

they know there own. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

here in oz most clients are apologetic about interupting or watching as you go about your work :)

holdenhead
22-10-2008, 10:33 PM
I have a lady that sits on the floor in her front room and looks out the window, She gets in behind the blind and she always looks so comfortable.......NOT. She has tinted glass and I'm accually wondering if she realises I can see her?

geejay
23-10-2008, 04:55 AM
I have a lady that sits on the floor in her front room and looks out the window, She gets in behind the blind and she always looks so comfortable.......NOT. She has tinted glass and I'm accually wondering if she realises I can see her?

next time,wave at her ,do a thumbs up,pointing at your work, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

haireyscarie
23-10-2008, 05:51 AM
have a close look that is a seeing eye dog with her SHE IS BLIND
lol :laughing:

lifestyle
23-10-2008, 06:17 AM

The big question is... Is she looking at the beer belly or 6 pack ;)

Bgs
15-11-2008, 08:46 AM
I have a lurker she is the customers neighbor. they have a cyclone fence dividing the property and my customer likes a nice long gap between mows resulting in long grass.

as I whipper snip along the fence line a bit of crap gets thrown into the neighbors property which I have no problem climbing over and blowing away as her neighbors have a nice manicured lawn.

but this lurker likes to watch from the back door waiting until I just reach the end of the fence at which point she says oooiii you are you going to leave that crap there because i don't want it :dean: :dean:

She must have no life I do that bit last and her beady eyes watch from the back door the whole time I am there just waiting for her chance to have a go at me for making a mess.

administrator
15-11-2008, 09:29 AM
but this lurker likes to watch from the back door waiting until I just reach the end of the fence at which point she says oooiii you are you going to leave that crap there because i don't want it :dean: :dean:

She must have no life I do that bit last and her beady eyes watch from the back door the whole time I am there just waiting for her chance to have a go at me for making a mess.[/QUOTE]

Could be a good reason why your client pays you to cut the lawn rather than they do it so in a way you could look at it that the looker lurker created a job for you .

NEGATIVITY IS POSITIVE :wave-hi:

Bgs
15-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Good point I will blow her a kiss next time I see her :who-knows