PDA

View Full Version : Radio advertising

time for a change
28-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone has tried or has thought of giving radio advertising a go. It is expensive put at the same time very very successful from what I ave read anyway. I am currently looking into the price for a 15 second ad in the mornings.

Islandhead
28-10-2008, 01:47 PM
It's not something I've ever considered as I would have thought the cost would be too prohibitive. But would be interested to know what sort of quotes you get.

time for a change
28-10-2008, 02:33 PM
It's not something I've ever considered as I would have thought the cost would be too prohibitive. But would be interested to know what sort of quotes you get.

I will defiantly put the quotes up here for everyone to see.

I think that it will be to much but it seems to attract a large amount of potential customers.

Bgs
28-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks for putting the quote up when it comes in It will be interesting to see how much.
Is it being produced by a AD agency, It would need to be catchy so people remember it,

What radio station would it be on ,I can see it would be effective for a franchise as they cover a large territory not sure how it would work for the local lawnie.

It would give you access to a large audience that may not be in your area I suppose you would have to be area specific in you ad

good luck with it

time for a change
28-10-2008, 04:09 PM
I am actually looking at 96.5 wave fm in the Illawarra.
I have not gone through a agency I have contacted the station directly they will give me a quote first for the air time it can go 2 ways apparently it can be a add where the announcer talks about the company or it can be a full blown add with catchy music and what not.
If I go the way with the catchy music it will be very expensive because then I will have to hire a agency to create the add. I will see I hope they get back to me shortly I am a little eager to find out the cost.

geejay
28-10-2008, 04:51 PM
iam sure you would have considered the ablity of your company to respond to the number of calls you may receive. :) we have considred this and other marketing, but would not be able to respond and keep clients happy as we are a small operator and resources are stretched to cope with the work load created by referals,local paper adverts and phamlet drops around our regulars. :)

glassngrass
28-10-2008, 05:28 PM
In the Wimmera Mallee region our local radio station is running a shop local ad campaign. It is selling 40 x 15 sec packages at $120 each (at varying times of day) - so one fifteen second ad each week for forty weeks. I bought two of these slots just to see how it goes.

lifestyle
28-10-2008, 06:05 PM
I prefer to go the sponsorship route for radio advertising.

Until this year i have been sponsoring 2 kids every year for the Special Childrens Christmas Party. This usually includes several advertisements with the local radio stations.

They are only short 15 word shouts, but they are secondary to the actual reason for spending.

tree beard
28-10-2008, 08:44 PM
They must discerning at KO FM

Have placed a call with them but I must not be worthy???

No reply ...at all...sigh! :i dunno:

mowjoman
28-10-2008, 09:55 PM
It would have to depend on where you live me thinks...
I know 2 people (not a real broad market research I know) that have not had 1 response from this place I live on the radio. Both have said flyers has been what works for them. But hey, thats here.
The 1st thing that pops into my head though I spose is what kind of audience does your local radio station attract :i dunno:
Does 96.5 wave fm have a golden oldies segment time for a change?? I know that we dont only target the oldies as a customer base but If 96.5 wave fm targets the late teen to early twenty group ya probly chuckn' your doe away...
Just a different angle to look at it thats all.
Hope it goes well for you, keep us posted. :wave-hi:

lifestyle
28-10-2008, 10:12 PM
It would have to depend on where you live me thinks...
I know 2 people (not a real broad market research I know) that have not had 1 response from this place I live on the radio. Both have said flyers has been what works for them. But hey, thats here.
The 1st thing that pops into my head though I spose is what kind of audience does your local radio station attract :i dunno:
Does 96.5 wave fm have a golden oldies segment time for a change?? I know that we dont only target the oldies as a customer base but If 96.5 wave fm targets the late teen to early twenty group ya probly chuckn' your doe away...
Just a different angle to look at it thats all.
Hope it goes well for you, keep us posted. :wave-hi:

For service operators, Radio is best used for brand and name recognition. Most radio audiences won't have a pen and paper handy to write your phone number down but if the ad is good they will recognise your brand.

Radio works well for retail stores or recognisable geographic locations where people can be reminded of the product (or business) advertised.

These statements can be remembered...

"You'll find us across the road from the Hyperdome in Shailer Park..."

"Right Next door to 'The Warehouse' in the Westfield shopping centre at Airport West..."

However...

"Phone Bluey on 0400 123 456 for all your Lawn Care Needs..."

probably won't give much of a response.

Stripes
29-10-2008, 08:32 AM
I had 2GB in Sydney contact me about some radio advertising during their gardening show on Saturday and Sunday mornings. From memory they wanted about $300 per 30 second add that is aired, and recommended to have the add run in two consecutive add breaks, and to do that three times throughout the morning. It would've worked out to be about $1800 per day. I'm not 100% sure on those figures, but it was something like that. It was also going to cost another $300 or so to have the actual add produced.

I declined!

Hustler
29-10-2008, 08:25 PM
i have got radio advertising for my pest buisness as well as the the 2009 community calender you get your advertising and ten 15 second ads over the twelve months it does work and only costs 260.00 dollars and no one else can advertise the same buisness on it
Regards nev

Hustler
29-10-2008, 08:53 PM
the company is called Country Directories Australia Ace Radio Broadcasters Pty Ltd 18 Albert Rd Sth melbourne . if any one wants to look them up its worth a try If you can,t get lawn mowing try gardening or hedgetrimming as long as its not the same as any one else hope this helps. regards Nev :who-knows