PDA

View Full Version : pain in the elbow

pbm
31-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Any of you guys get a pain in your elbow after using a blower? I have never had this problem before but I have recently started a job where I have to blow for around 30-45 minutes and I get a pain in my elbow. I have tried swapping to my left hand but through habit revert to my right hand again. I guess the only answer would be to go for a back pack blower. I have looked at a Shindaiwa but the are not cheap.

Any suggestions.

Ebony
31-05-2004, 03:30 PM
This is actually a really common problem pbm, not only with blowers, but brushcutters etc.

Would be great to hear from some other people who have experienced this and how or if, they have overcome it

Ebony

Tonyr
31-05-2004, 03:30 PM
I'm thinking the only way around that is spend the bucks and buy a backpack blower, Shindaiwa is amoung the best. Not cheap, then again what price is pain relief and productivity worth to you?

Tonyr
31-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I get pains here and there. My wrist is starting to act up now from brush cutting.

If your doing 30-45 mins of blowing. Invest in a back pack. Probably cut the time in half to boot. I'll probably get one next season myself because of the long driveways on acreages.

Gavsmown
31-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Yer its a real pain, guess we are all getting older and joints are getting worn out, must be an easier way to pay the bills any clues ?

Gav

mick
31-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Yer its a real pain, guess we are all getting older and joints are getting worn out, must be an easier way to pay the bills any clues ?

Yep! Drugs, Prostitution(spell check) and or become the worst, a Lawyer!

THEONE
31-05-2004, 03:34 PM
If any one wants a back pack blower see dean at www.indmowing.com.au

Easycareacres
31-05-2004, 03:34 PM
I had a female employee earlier in year complaining about the weight of blower. I told her to get an old whipper harness- One shoulder strap type and hook to blower.

THEONE
31-05-2004, 03:35 PM
yes i had same problem doctor reckons we have alot of vibration through the equipment boufgt some anti vibration gloves and its alot better

Steve Ladlow
02-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Mickhippys suggestion of drugs may have some merit altho not the one hes on

Gluacosamine & MSM, the stuff dennis lillie advertises is effective for this problem. Find it at chemist or health food suppliers

Tonyr
02-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I get pains here and there. My wrist is starting to act up now from brush cutting.

If your doing 30-45 mins of blowing. Invest in a back pack. Probably cut the time in half to boot. I'll probably get one next season myself because of the long driveways on acreages.

=======

Just reading this thread and noticed this....my post it seems, not MY words! What The .... is going on?

I think that is Micks post, but why is it in my post?

How do I know? I don't type or talk that well! LOL!

Ebony, something weird here....

ratherbfishing
02-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Hi guys,

had the same problems with my elbow same thing causing it the blower! it is as far as i know "tennis elbow" a sort of repetative strain injury thing had tennis elbow really bad when i worked on golf course went docs and then physio got it sorted its not the joint its the tenden that joins to the epi condix bone not sure of spelling! and repetative strain causes inflamation of the fibres any gripping and twisting type activity can cause this apparantly and with the blower you grip and pull the trigger and at the same time fight the power of the thing to keep it where you want it ,which causes the strain on this area IMHO!! cheers guys paul