PDA

View Full Version : are you ok with just ok

geejay
04-11-2008, 08:18 PM
or is it ok to debate,expand,increase knowlege,listen,learn,grow,
share,apply,create,be part of a vibrant exciting wholesome beautiful world :i dunno:

Bluey
04-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Geejay....if we just accepted things nothing would change. I am a big on constant improvement. Just think what would have happened if Thomas Edison had not persevered with his experiments to make a better electric light globe.

To answer your question... I am not OK with OK

haireyscarie
04-11-2008, 08:34 PM
or is it ok to debate,expand,increase knowlege,listen,learn,grow,
share,apply,create,be part of a vibrant exciting wholesome beautiful world :i dunno:
WTF
y so many go no were post :dean: :dean:

Bluey
04-11-2008, 08:36 PM
WTF
y so many go no were post :dean: :dean:

Bear with him Hairy.... Geejay obviously wants to make a point. Lets let him do it.

haireyscarie
04-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Bear with him Hairy.... Geejay obviously wants to make a point. Lets let him do it.
ok bluey
sorry mate
i will wait then come back and have a rant then :laughing:

Bluey
04-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I am interested in what the point is.

geejay
04-11-2008, 09:10 PM
the point is to gauge which members on this forum enjoy the debates, which are expansive in form,either for or against the topic.

if you ok with just ok,then you don't.thats ok to. :)

but

if like bluey,you are not ok with ok,you should enjoy debating expansive vibrant topics.thats ok to. :)

Mrs HMS
04-11-2008, 09:57 PM
I think the answer to your question is...I really enjoy a good debate. I like to play devils advocate somewhat though but do take on what others say...and expect the same courtesy in return (utopia?).

I hate to see a good debate wasted with name calling, it takes no effort or thought to do that.

lifestyle
04-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Am i ok, with ok... Definitely Not!!!

Do i like a good debate... Bloody Oath!!!

Will i ever give up... ha, yeah right ;)

geejay
04-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Am i ok, with ok... Definitely Not!!!

Do i like a good debate... Bloody Oath!!!

Will i ever give up... ha, yeah right ;)

thats the sprit,give it heaps,enjoy your style and debating.

we purchased a minature soccer ball recently where the funds went to purchase and deliver a large soccer ball to a needy boy in africa.on the packaging it said:

"small ball,big impact"

love it,soldier on,fight the good fight :)

Hugh Jarss
05-11-2008, 12:53 PM
I think the answer to your question is...I really enjoy a good debate. I like to play devils advocate somewhat though but do take on what others say...and expect the same courtesy in return (utopia?).

I hate to see a good debate wasted with name calling, it takes no effort or thought to do that.

I'm with Mrs HMS here... and there are plenty of great debates here which have been spoiled a little by people reverting to namecalling... a debate wouldn't be a debate if it didn't have at least 2 sides with differing opinions.... healthy debate is a great thing...

And by the way, those ones where we all get involved and start getting all pissed off with each other.. I think they're known as a massdebate ;)

Bgs
05-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm with Mrs HMS here... and there are plenty of great debates here which have been spoiled a little by people reverting to namecalling... a debate wouldn't be a debate if it didn't have at least 2 sides with differing opinions.... healthy debate is a great thing...

And by the way, those ones where we all get involved and start getting all pissed off with each other.. I think they're known as a massdebate ;)

Yes good points and those that excell at a massdebate are masterdebators ;)

Mrs HMS
05-11-2008, 08:48 PM
or is that master massdebators? :p

Sounds like a degree....actually I know a few people who'd fit into that category. :laughing: