PDA

View Full Version : President Of America elect

administrator
05-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Barack Obama was elected the 44th president of the United States, opening a new chapter in the country's history as the first African-American to hold the world's most important job.

The Illinois senator capped his 21-month quest with a sweeping electoral victory that also enhanced the Democrats' majority in Congress and marked the end of an era of Republican dominance in Washington.

Obama crossed the requisite threshold of 270 electoral votes to defeat Republican rival John McCain, when television networks declared him the winner in the state of California.

That gave the Democratic nominee at least 346 electoral votes, according to the projections, and his tally is likely to grow as more results come in and states that backed Republican President George W. Bush in 2004 switch sides.

Obama's victory, along with Democratic gains in congressional contests, puts him and his party in firm control of the federal government for the first time since the early 1990s. That gives Obama an opportunity to turn his victory into a pivotal moment in the country's political history.

63impala
05-11-2008, 08:00 PM
I am a American and very patotic Mccain should have won he risked his life and was willing to dye for the red white and blue, old glory as she is known,You whatch he wont make any change in Iraq or Afganistan the only change he will make is take 1 battalin of us marines out of Iraq and put them in Afganstian. I would like to say my greatest respect to the 90 KIA Marines who took the city of Al Fallujah on November 22 2004 the bloodies House to house street brall since Hue city vietnam and Sole Korea,Semper Fi Do or Die.

Mrs HMS
05-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Not some black guy that has rag head blood in him mulsim

Nice! ;dealers;

Lets hope that having an African American, Muslim President can help temper some of the uglier aspects of racism and perhaps teach a little religious tolerance as well.

My best friend lives in Iowa, her son is a marine currently stationed in Iraq and she is overjoyed about the new President. As apparently are a record number of voters as well.

Islandhead
05-11-2008, 08:27 PM
He's not a muslim, he's a christian, his father was the muslim.

I'm not sure he'll do any better than McCain, but I do hope he brings about change for the better.

administrator
05-11-2008, 08:46 PM
This man will bring change there is no doubt in my mind . :aus-flag:

Islandhead
05-11-2008, 08:48 PM
But do you believe change for the better admin?

BLACK BEAR
05-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Yep i definitely believe change for the better. He has just given millions BELIEF that it can happen.
The path America was taking was a path to a quicker end as the world dominant nation. They were on a path of self destruction.
This may slow it down just a little. :aus-flag: :aus-flag: :aus-flag:

administrator
05-11-2008, 09:10 PM
But do you believe change for the better admin?

Yes i do the man speaks very clear and very well and has the ability in showing people how to believe in themselves and there country .

Having said that hes very slick has a silver toungue great carisma but will need to be watched very closely .

Bluey
06-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Yep i definitely believe change for the better. He has just given millions BELIEF that it can happen.
The path America was taking was a path to a quicker end as the world dominant nation. They were on a path of self destruction.
This may slow it down just a little. :aus-flag: :aus-flag: :aus-flag:

He has a huge task ahead of him to live up to these expectations and I wonder if the system over there will allow him.

Given some of the more radical elements in the US his security team will have a big job on their hands also to keep him and his family safe. He is slick and silver tongued but that won't help him when he has to make the hard decisions.

I for one will be watching with interest to see how he performs and to see if he can do the job as well as everyone is thinking he can. I will say but that it is a pretty sad indictment on the US system that it takes a black man to get the support of the black majority to come out and vote. Would it have been the same result if he was white. I think not.

Already the redneck element are taking a course against him and I have heard that there are stories about that they think he may be a Muslim spy bred for this role. They use the fact that because his mother raised him by herself after his father went back to Kenya and they spent some time in Indonesia to support this.

The media has jumped on the band wagon right throughout this campaign but now he has won he needs to start making decisions that will be hard to make. How he approaches the troops fighting overseas is going to be his first big test I think.

Good luck to him and I hope he does what everyone is saying he is capable of.

Sandgroper
06-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Its all doom and gloom on the American lawnmowing forums, most are saddened by the result, some believe they will lose there business's etc,a couple have admitted crying when they heard the result,,,hopefully things will not be as bad as they expect.

mowjoman
06-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Its all doom and gloom on the American lawnmowing forums, most are saddened by the result, some believe they will lose there business's etc,a couple have admitted crying when they heard the result,,,hopefully things will not be as bad as they expect.

Strange ay...Their all devistated...Someone voted for him :i dunno:

I hate how america affects us here...cant stand it in fact however tis a fact of life. I'm the father of two deprived kids who wernt allowed to trick or treat last week...we live in AUSTRALIA!!! I did feel bad for them but, I hope they understand when their older :aus-flag: :aus-flag: The right man won in my limited knowledge of the whole thing...He is in a very important position for sure.

Sandgroper
07-11-2008, 12:54 AM
The main worry is he will be taking there guns and that he wants to share the countrys wealth around,for some American lawnies spreading the wealth means higher taxes and give the money to layabouts that don,t want to work, its a case of why do we have to work harder to support lazy asses.

Anyway he is the president elect,,they must give him a fair go instead of dooming and glooming.

mowjoman
07-11-2008, 06:47 AM
[QUOTE=Sandgroper]The main worry is he will be taking there guns and that he wants to share the countrys wealth around,for some American lawnies spreading the wealth means higher taxes and give the money to layabouts that don,t want to work, its a case of why do we have to work harder to support lazy asses.

Hey, has been Prime Minister here before? :laughing:

lifestyle
07-11-2008, 08:12 AM
I find generally Labor supporters in Australia usually support the democrates in the US and Liberal supporters here generally support the republicans in the US.

I support opposing teams in that sense.

Premier
08-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Obama is certainly a great speaker, much in the same vein as JFK.

I fear that unless he keeps his security very tight he may meet the same fate.

Radicals seem to abound in the USA and anyone that dares to be different and gains the backing of the people to the degree that Obama has seems to become a target.

Let's hope that he gets to deliver on his dream, it is not only the people of the US that are counting on change but any move that he makes is bound to effect us as well...we pray that it is all positive.

Cheers ;)

Premier