PDA

View Full Version : Pita Pita Pia...Blah Blah Blah

mowjoman
08-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Not sure if this is the right section of the forum for this but somthing has been grinding at me for a while now.....

There seems to be sooooo many threads started with the words PITA in them...Pita this, Pita that...Pita patter so f****ing what!!!

Look I like to read about the weird requests from customers and the silly things they put us through but of late there seems so much talk about it.

One line of thinking I'd like you all to consider is how many of you promote this web site in your dealings with people? I know I do. It's something that shows you belong to something and therefore appear to be more proffesional...I would hate for one of my customers to visit this forum and see me bleeting on about what a pain in the arse people can be.

They can be I know, so can we all (ask mowjo-woman :p ) but seriously I believe a PITA can be converted through good manners, quality workmanship, an aim to please (within reason of course) etc... Ah yes...there are some however that wont budge even through the above means...but there's another word for them.

I guess its easy to fall in a negativity trap and PITA is on the brain all the time I believe you'll attract them.

Just my 2 bobs worth...hope I've made sense. :aus-flag: :wave-hi:

lifestyle
08-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Not sure if this is the right section of the forum for this but somthing has been grinding at me for a while now.....

There seems to be sooooo many threads started with the words PITA in them...Pita this, Pita that...Pita patter so f****ing what!!!

Look I like to read about the weird requests from customers and the silly things they put us through but of late there seems so much talk about it.

One line of thinking I'd like you all to consider is how many of you promote this web site in your dealings with people? I know I do. It's something that shows you belong to something and therefore appear to be more proffesional...I would hate for one of my customers to visit this forum and see me bleeting on about what a pain in the arse people can be.

They can be I know, so can we all (ask mowjo-woman :p ) but seriously I believe a PITA can be converted through good manners, quality workmanship, an aim to please (within reason of course) etc... Ah yes...there are some however that wont budge even through the above means...but there's another word for them.

I guess its easy to fall in a negativity trap and PITA is on the brain all the time I believe you'll attract them.

Just my 2 bobs worth...hope I've made sense. :aus-flag: :wave-hi:

Mate, i think you've just said what most of us are probably thinking... I was aiming in that direction myself with an earlier post today.

I think its worth more than 2 bobs.... :wave-hi:

Bgs
08-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Oh no not another PITA Thread :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nah Good call Mr Mojoman agree with you, and is everyone so time poor they no longer have the time to write Pain In the Arse anymore :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Countrymile
09-11-2008, 11:02 PM
I agree Mowjoman,

I have always worked in service industries and you will always get customers, that can seem to not appreciate what you do or seem defensive or suspicious.

Most times, it has nothing to do with you personally, perhaps they have had a bad experience in the past, or are having a bad day, or that is their personality generally.

In any case, if you do what you do well, and stick to your guns and take pride and have confidence in your profession, they will come to respect you and can often become your greatest fans.

Or if they never call again, then it's no longer a problem. The beauty of this business is that we can set the boundries of our own business and we can decide whether or not we wish to do business with a particular client.

It's a bit like quoting too low, and then resenting doing the job. In most cases, the customer just wants the job done, and has relied on us to charge what we feel is a fair price.

It is just human nature to share our frustrations I think, and feel some empathy from someone having the same experience. Makes you feel better.
Shannon