PDA

View Full Version : Power Spraying Cleaning drive ways.

administrator
11-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Contractors discuss best method for cleaning driveways and chemicals or organic detergents to use for effective driveway cleaning.

Bluey
11-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Oh no....you said ...organic :frightene :frightene :frightene :frightene

mowjoman
11-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Chemical - Snow White

Organic - Salt?? :i dunno:

Paul
24-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Diluted acid in a sprayer,then pressure clean.Or a commercial concrete cleaner.
Organic??sure..no chemicals..Just do it twice.

Redeye
17-08-2011, 04:18 PM
did my first jobs with my machine since buying it. Yesterday prepped a house for painting and saved myself a LOT of work - took surfaces back to bare wood where needed.
This morning I cleaned a large paved drive-way about 25-30mtrs. Its first clean since being laid 30 years ago, was very impressed with the result,
machine is 7hp 3750psi.

PaulG
17-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Been seeing ads on telly lately for a new product. Probably aimed at the homeowner rather than contractor but you spray it on the concrete etc and just leave it. Time and the weather does the rest to break down and remove the stains. I don't see how it could be as effective as a good pressure clean like above.

HPM
17-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Most jobs ive done i dont use any chemicals.
The pressure sprayer does a good enough job...........BUT.........

a tradie that cleans roof tiles on the roof used something that strips the tile back to bare cement. (before a respray)

He spilt a few drops on a painted driveway and the paint dissolved.
Would love to know what he was using?? Anyone have any ideas..

starmow
17-08-2011, 06:40 PM
did my first jobs with my machine since buying it. Yesterday prepped a house for painting and saved myself a LOT of work - took surfaces back to bare wood where needed.
This morning I cleaned a large paved drive-way about 25-30mtrs. Its first clean since being laid 30 years ago, was very impressed with the result,
machine is 7hp 3750psi.

It look very good..:russ: how much time you spend on it?

Redeye
17-08-2011, 08:04 PM
bit under 3 hours

gsimpson58
29-02-2012, 08:33 AM
I am currently cleaning green/black algae from pavers around a neighbours house. I know that you can use things like CLR to help in the process but was wondering whether any of the team have found chlorine (diluted) or acid of use. I was thinking of brooming it on to the pavers, leaving for a bit then using the high pressure spray. I thought that perhaps the chlorine might stop the stuff from growing for a while?

Greg Simmo

Greenie
29-02-2012, 08:59 AM
If the chlorine gets on things .i.e cloths, fabric, plats and some wood with garnish on it, the chlorine will destroy everything

gsimpson58
29-02-2012, 05:45 PM
I spoke to a guy today who used a product called 'Wet and Forget'. Apparantly you spray it on (in solution) and leave it. The chemical breaks down the gunk on the pavers and it just weathers away. He paid $95 for 5 litres. Has anyone else used this product?

Greg Simmo

Neil&family
29-02-2012, 06:09 PM
I tried the chinky chonk version of wet and forget. 30 second something it was called. absolutely useless. that was on my white picket fence ao it was a tough task.

Chris B
29-02-2012, 06:12 PM
heres the website if you havent seen it: http://www.wetandforget.com.au/wetforget.htm

havent heard of it before but if you are charging to clean someones outdoor area then you wont get an instant effect like what you would with a pressure cleaner. but may be good for ongoing maintenance?

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
29-02-2012, 09:22 PM
clohrine and a stiff brush seems to do a good job. Never done it commercially but done it at my own place.

happymowin
29-02-2012, 09:26 PM
done a couple jobs with the 2200 psi machine i bought at repco for $300 on sale.

does a nice job (customers were impressed.)

charging $65 an hour like mowing.

one was real bad, totally black pavers did a square 4m x 6 m in a hour, booked me in to go back and do more when i can get time. (if i EVER get caught up again)

noticed when i went to mow there the other day that i'll have to go over the first section again a little bit, can see bits i missed (hard to see the buggers when the concrete is wet)

well worth doing the service, hope to sell a bit more of it when winter slows me down

cheers

Chris B
29-02-2012, 09:33 PM
in melbourne residents are still not allowed to clean driveways/houses/decking with water.
is there a way for a business to offer these services legitimately ?
i know there were permits mentioned but that was regarding NSW

happymowin
29-02-2012, 09:41 PM
in melbourne residents are still not allowed to clean driveways/houses/decking with water.
is there a way for a business to offer these services legitimately ?
i know there were permits mentioned but that was regarding NSW

you can get gernis that syphon from a tank/bucket of water.

then i assume you just have to fill a small tank from a rainwater tank or some legal water outlet, and take it to your job.

i remember when brissie was like that

they were JUST about to top up our drinking dam with 25% recycled sewerage when the drought broke

i still wonder whether it was just a shock tactic to make us REALLY cut down our water use.

2 minute showers, and only 80 litres per person per day was the go (from memory)

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
29-02-2012, 10:34 PM
done a couple jobs with the 2200 psi machine i bought at repco for $300 on sale.

does a nice job (customers were impressed.)

charging $65 an hour like mowing.

one was real bad, totally black pavers did a square 4m x 6 m in a hour, booked me in to go back and do more when i can get time. (if i EVER get caught up again)

noticed when i went to mow there the other day that i'll have to go over the first section again a little bit, can see bits i missed (hard to see the buggers when the concrete is wet)

well worth doing the service, hope to sell a bit more of it when winter slows me down

cheers

What sort of Sqm per hour you get.

happymowin
01-03-2012, 03:07 AM
just guessing it was 6m x 4m in the hour, i didnt actually easure it, but now you ask, i should next time i go there so i kow

so at a rough guess 24 square etres in an hour.

the machine has 4 diff nozzles, i was using the wide fan, - the narrow fan was too narrow, the wide one was about right.

i did take a bit longer to do it, cos the drive sloped down to the garage, and when i was workig at the bottom in front of the garage i spent a lot of time working the water away from the door, and i also washed the door down frequently, i was afraid of it staining it.

cheers

imoww
01-03-2012, 01:02 PM
I think the water restriction permits were lifted a while back.,....

Darren's Mowing
01-03-2012, 07:35 PM
you can get a permit from the water board... it doesn't cost anything... just get it on the net... thats in Sydney.

I would think Vic would be the same...

Chris B
01-03-2012, 08:23 PM
I think the water restriction permits were lifted a while back.,....
just got our water bill a couple days ago and it states no washing driveways etc.. but im in melbourne

Chris B
01-03-2012, 08:24 PM
you can get a permit from the water board... it doesn't cost anything... just get it on the net... thats in Sydney.

I would think Vic would be the same...

thanks darren, i couldnt find the permit. does anyone in melb have one?

NLALM
23-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Is anyone doing much pressure cleaning? I have just Quoted on what would be my biggest job if I get it, in the scope of works the footpaths have to be pressure cleaned once a year this would take about 2 or 3 days, the place is huge, so I have been wanting to get more into pressure cleaning and being the end of the finnacial year there are some good deals going I am looking at a 13hp honda powered aussie scud and a 20 inch whirlaway. has anyone had any experience with one of these?I would like a bit of feedback befre I drop 3k on a set up. By the way does anyone know what happened to ability property maintenance he was in Sydney.

simo
23-06-2012, 05:32 PM
About 2 months ago I saw a lawnmowing run for sale with Ability signage on the trailer in the pics (not 100% sure but I think it was in Sydney) might have been him..

Premier
23-06-2012, 05:52 PM
His website is still up and running...http://www.abilitypropertymaintenance.com.au

Cheers :)

Premier

m287j
24-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Abilty is still around, the business is owned by Shane, he is a good mate of mine. He is based in the Hills District of Sydney.
He has sold his gardening and lawn mowing part of the business and only does handyman work and pressure cleaning work now.

NLALM
24-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Matt say gday to Shane for me I used to talk to him a bit on the forum. I still would like to know if anyone is doing much of this type of work.

South East Mowing
27-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Anyone that can provide me with a reasonable swms for a mid mount ztr I will gladly trade swms that I have, all up about to choose from.

sterlo
28-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Anyone that can provide me with a reasonable swms for a mid mount ztr I will gladly trade swms that I have, all up about to choose from.

Wrong thread John....