PDA

View Full Version : Chainsaws ?

Mainey
21-07-2004, 04:11 PM
;frosty;
Now I have some of your attention,
can someone give me further technical information on the 66cc 4.3Kw Echo Chainsaw, is it a decent unit to be cutting firewood :confused:
Do the chains and clutch work as designed?

have heard conflicting stories ;dealers; from various dealers, some even Echo dealerships.

Ebony
21-07-2004, 04:53 PM
Did you get my email at all Mainey? I am not sure what more "technical info" you require? Other then people personal experience

Echo CS6702 Chainsaw - 66.7cc Rear handle echo chainsaw
www.indmowing.com.au/indshop/chainsaws_echo_main.htm

Inertia chain brake
Side adjust chain tensioner
Automotive style air filter (larger surface area)
Externally adjustable automatic oiler
Clean air system pre-cleaned by flywheel
6 position antivibration cushions on rear handle
Vibration reduced throttle trigger
Automatic choke return
Alloy crankcase
Automatic disengage decompressor for easy starting
Advancing ignition timing for peak power
Clip on air filter cover
Manual oiler override
5 Year Domestic Warranty
1 Year Commercial Warranty

Product Specifications
Engine:............ Type 2 - Cycle
Capacity:.... .... 66.7cc
Power Output.... 4.35kw
Weight............. 6.2kg
Bar Length........ 20 Inch

http://www.indmowing.com.au/indshop/CS6702.jpg

What conflicting "stories" are you getting, what are your concerns etc.?

Alex Callaghan
21-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Whats the go with this....5 year domestic warranty and 1 year commercial?

1/ How do they know what conditions your using your saw under? Wouldn't you just tell them you've been using the saw in a domestic enviroment in the time you've owned the saw if you need somthing covered by warranty!?

2/ Domestic warranty. Dose this mean you use the saw bout once a month and thats why they offer 5 years because they no the saw only has a 14 month life if it's being used every day?

Seems a little strange to me.

Can you elaberate Eb?

Ebony
21-07-2004, 05:42 PM
lol Alex, thems is just the rules, as with everything :i dunno:

Like Honda Lawn Mowers have a 4 yr domestic & 2 yr commercial Warranty on their motors, and 12 months residential on the frame but only 6 months for commerical.

We got given a book on repairing Briggs and Stratton motors. It was written for Briggs, training type thing. You should have seen the list of "questions to ask" and how to analyse the response type of thing.

Generally when you purchase a product you state whether it will be used for domestic or commercial then you sign the warrantee form.

You can generally tell how something has been used.

- A honda mower for example is going to last a lot longer for domestic then a commercial mower. Think about it in terms of "mowers" and it's pretty much self explainatory, makes sense and is fair to the domestic user. I am sure you could tell the difference!

Ebony