PDA

View Full Version : beer butt chicken

geoff
13-11-2008, 07:30 PM
recipe

one webber with hots coals or just oven lid bbq will do but webber best

one chicken seasoned with what ever u want
one can of beer a couple of swigs only a couple from the can
then stuff the can up the butt of the chook and stand on beer can will stand by itself but u can get a special stand
cook for the nominal amount , the beer steams through the chook and its so moist just the best

u can even use a bourban if u wish or the wimps use a can of fanta :laughing:

Siddo
13-11-2008, 08:07 PM
sounds good :)

mowjoman
13-11-2008, 10:16 PM
u can even use a bourban if u wish or the wimps use a can of fanta :laughing:

We use our webber lots...
I've had chicken legs with Fanta poured over the top...Poor mans apricot chicken!!

Chicken in french onion soup good too.

geoff
14-11-2008, 09:06 PM
the hot coals of a webber cook the best crackle on the pork..secret is not to lift the lid for one hour

Mrs HMS
14-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I can do a kick @rse crackling in the microwave!

I had to read this recipe a couple of times, I think I had a massive blonde moment because I read "stuff can up the butt of the chook and stand on beer can" and spent a couple of minutes trying to work out how to stand on the can whilst it had a chicken attached to it...

Then the penny dropped :o

geoff
14-11-2008, 09:42 PM
:laughing: and the penny dropped will turn to gold once u have tasted the chicken.....secret is make sure u open up the beer can... :) the special stand u buy is the best though.......

mowjoman
14-11-2008, 11:14 PM
My ol' man bought me our webber a few yeqars back for xmas. He's always used one and so do we now. If he sees anybody even touch the handle of the lid he's up em' like a rat up a rafter :boxer:

Ever tried putting the lump of pork on the grill and the tray of veg under the pork between the coals and let the juice baste the veggies? It's mind bending!!! Not to good for the colesteral but...

geoff
14-11-2008, 11:20 PM
now thats a tip like...i love mowing but i love webber red wine and good food better...well done mowjoman