PDA

View Full Version : Jsea's

Rob@Borlorac
14-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Is anybody interested in sharing any ideas on filling these out.I am putting 1 together and just looking at other people views. A few examples would be good. :laughing:

Rob@Borlorac
14-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Also Jsa's would be good :i dunno: :i dunno:

mowjoman
14-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Here's one I posted a little while back, (Couln't find the thread or I woulda put a link to it...oh well.

Basically you've just got to think of each task you do, list any potential hazards and rate them i.e High, Moderate or low.
Then you need to list controls your giong to put into place to control the hazard.

Also link to a site that might help.
http://www.assaohs.com.au/ohs/index-confirm.php

administrator
15-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Mowjoman
your link is still there it was moved to Your OH&S obligations

mowjoman
15-11-2008, 09:00 AM
Ahhh, so it is. Thanks for that.

geoff
15-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I notice frquently in oh & s stuff that signs should be used..we use witches hats to define area around vehicle but i am wondering does anyone use signs during mowing , say a sign at each end of the property or signs stating spraying weedicide in progress etc , any thoughts ???

BLACK BEAR
15-11-2008, 07:03 PM
I was going to ask that very same question geoff :who-knows
I use witches hats around cars, on nature strips of busy footpaths, and roadways that are busy , I use signs for body corps, ride on mowing etc.
If anyone has done one of the courses for the red, blue, white cards???? :i dunno: etc what distances before the work area at each end should signs and witches hats be used??

Rob@Borlorac
17-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks Jason(Mojoeman) for you example.

tree beard
22-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Regarding the signs

I have noticed that VIP guys pop a little mowing in progress sign into the ground by their trailer at resi jobs?

glassngrass
23-11-2008, 07:26 AM
I bought a black on yellow reflective "Grass cutting in progress" sign 50cmx50cm. I cut it in top and bottom half, then hinged it and mounted it on back of trailer. Now when parked to mow, I raise the bottom half to reveal full sign, or lower when finished to cover.

Bluey
23-11-2008, 06:36 PM
I bought a black on yellow reflective "Grass cutting in progress" sign 50cmx50cm. I cut it in top and bottom half, then hinged it and mounted it on back of trailer. Now when parked to mow, I raise the bottom half to reveal full sign, or lower when finished to cover.

Good idea David. Do we need a portable one when you are parked on the clients property perhaps?

glassngrass
23-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Good idea David. Do we need a portable one when you are parked on the clients property perhaps?
Portable? - the sign travels wherever the trailer goes :russ:

Could put one on the front of vehicle, but oncoming traffic are on other side of the road. I got a strobe light that should suffice.

I'm guessing we don't a sign at the customer's back door :laughing: so the nature strip should suffice! It not only alerts traffic from behind that I'm stationary (don't run up the back of me!), but discourages people from parking too close behind and blocking access to tail/barn doors.

'Need' - suggest not - I just try and do a little bit each year to demonstrate I'm doing all that is practical towards promoting safety.