PDA

View Full Version : Working with the wife

pbm
25-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Any of you guys have the missus help mowing lawns?? Currently my wife helps me one day a week on Mondays. Next year when our youngest goes off to school she will either get a real job or work with me for 4 days a week. Working together one day a week is great, hardly ever argue and she is a great worker. 4 days a week who knows how it will work. What are your experiences....good move or not????
;dealers;

mojo111
25-07-2004, 10:52 PM
I guess that depends on your relationship. For me one day now and again is ok. otherwise ;dealers; too much, plus she can't handel the pace and then i get a bit anty , but thats just me :i dunno: It mite work for you :i dunno: good luck :)

Phill.

Tonyr
25-07-2004, 11:53 PM
If you's get along it is a great thing.

My wife worked with me on the farm obviously when we were farming, she did admin and ran the packers, I did planting, scheduling, spraying etc, and managed the pickers, a good balance, worked perfect.

When she has holidays from her job now Leigh helps, she can cut an edge better than me!

I think it is a great thing, dunno why more couples don't actually, saves hiring an employee, and wives are very conscencious because it is their biz too.

Stuie
26-07-2004, 12:09 AM
We work together has its good and bad points.Like when the customer bypasses Bek and asks me a ? cause im the guy.Well Beks more qualified than i am i just have more experience!
if you dont take your work home you should be alright.
I find that i get to do all the heavier work whereas if you were working with a male employee the heavy work is shared.But saying that ive worked with plenty of girls who give me a run for my money, must be getting old! :sad:
STUART

Rod
26-07-2004, 04:22 PM
My wife has worked with me on a number occasions. I enjoyed it immensely and wish she would walk from her career, however, she earns more than I do. I look forward to being a kept man one day.

I find a woman on the job is good for marketing. Female customers love it as I am told the consensus is most males are pretty useless even at grass cutting.

Consequently I only employ woman. Work like Trojans don't whine and don't hassle for a "slab" every Friday night. They communicate better , better eye for detail and they always keep the vehicles and equipment tidy and clean.

As for shifting soil or running mulch up an incline in the barrow they can keep up.