PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic Grass

administrator
24-11-2008, 09:20 PM
synthetic grass perfect for replacement of natural grass in any area.

It has an extra strong triple layer backing with drainage holes every 100mm.

Straight green pile with stitching every 3/8 of an inch (14,700 stitches every M2!)

Slightly uneven pile height for a more realistic look.

Manufactured with UV stabilised pile.

Drought Proof Grass

Well these are changing types wonder about the pros and cons any ideas

administrator
24-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Fact

An agricultural adage says the tiny animals that live below the
surface of a healthy pasture weigh more than the cows grazing
above it. In a catalogue selling composting equipment I read
that two handfuls of healthy soil contain more living organisms
than there are people on the earth. What these beings are and
what they can be doing is difficult to even begin to comprehend,
but it helps to realize that even though they are many,
they work as one.
- Carol Williams, Bringing a Garden to Life, 1998

Bluey
25-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Over here they are really pushing the synthetic grass as an alternative. I wonder if there is a opening in maintaining it. What happens to all the crap that gets on it. How do you get it off. It wont compost in like on a real lawn so you have to take it off somehow.

administrator
25-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Yes 2 right Bluey ive seen councils using this stufff and the roads department .
I pulled up at the traffic lights to turn right i look down and theres this vivid green strip of plastic with about 40 smoke butts very nice i must say lol .This plastic grass as i call it naturally is made from oil .
If your gunna do that sort of landscaping id rather see plastic flowers and ground cover :laughing:

Seriously what are people thinking . We have enough concrete in our cities and burbs now they wanna turn our grass into plastic .

ian
25-11-2008, 07:42 PM
i like the old concrete and green paint myself :laughing:

bb1
25-11-2008, 10:40 PM
One of my clients got a quote on the synthetic stuff, and he said he could get me to mow his lawn for the next 10 years, and he would still be ahead on the cost of it. Looks like one job I will keep. Very expensive is the general word I have heard about it.

administrator
25-11-2008, 10:46 PM
One of my clients got a quote on the synthetic stuff, and he said he could get me to mow his lawn for the next 10 years, and he would still be ahead on the cost of it. Looks like one job I will keep. Very expensive is the general word I have heard about it.

Well thats good to hear no wonder the councils are using it lol its expensive .

cadase
25-11-2008, 11:37 PM
They've been quoting $100 sq/metre here.
At that price i;d want it to come with fake dog turds. for the authentic look

Bluey
26-11-2008, 08:09 AM
I have mate who lays it. Depending on what type it is it can cost from $80 to $120 a square metre laid. And they won't guarantee it for longer than 8 yrs. It eventually breaks down and fades. Plus have you ever sat on it? I was up in a new sub division at Craigmore the other day and they have laid it on all the roundabouts and already it is looking tacky

mowjoman
27-11-2008, 06:52 AM
Ya just beat an ice cold beer in ya hand, Sth/Easterly blowing and sitting under a shady tree on a nice soft LAWN.

administrator
27-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Heres a pic of newly laid plastic grass looks good .

I SUPPOSE YOU GO AROUND WITH YOUR HOOVER UPRIGHT AND DO A VACCUME ONCE A WEEK .

Get the hose out and and clean all the bird poo possum poo cat poo and alike once a week maybe some detergent added for health reasons lol

Bluey
27-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Heres a pic of newly laid plastic grass looks good .

I SUPPOSE YOU GO AROUND WITH YOUR HOOVER UPRIGHT AND DO A VACCUME ONCE A WEEK .

Get the hose out and and clean all the bird poo possum poo cat poo and alike once a week maybe some detergent added for health reasons lol

Or hire us to do it.

Premier
29-11-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm in a fairly new estate and my neighbour two doors down reckoned this green shiny stuff was just the ticket for his frontage.

He tells me, It's one cost, lay it down and forget it for 10 years or so...it will continue to look good, will need no maintenance and I won't need you to mow it or clear out the weeds from time to time! :i dunno:

I told him otherwise but what would I know :laughing: :laughing:

Anyway he buys this "Green lookalike Grass" and decides to save some dollars and lays it himself...big mistake :laughing: :laughing:

Fast forward a few weeks, neighbour is pleased as punch with himself until a truck turns up in his driveway to deliver some soil for his backyard, unfortunately Mr Truckie runs of the edge of the driveway and sinks into the "Green Carpet", of course this pulls the "Grass" out of position and it now has a few strange looking lumps and bumps in it!

Neighbour spends the next weekend fixing the problem...

Another week or two passes and I see him out front giving it a spring clean with his newly purchased Blower/Vac...Ooops, more problems, the "Grass" is not fixed correctly and the Vac is lifting it of it's base so now it looks like a carpet laid on a bed of rocks. :laughing: :laughing:

Last night he calls in and asks if I could give him a quote to lay a real lawn out front for him next season :cool:

I figure this may be an expensive job but I might need to wait until he pays off the mortgage on the first one :rolleyes:

Cheers ;)

Premier

tony bettess
07-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi, All. The council has decided to do that around our area, but what i have observe is you still need weed killer to control the weed,s. Because after time has gone by the dust build's up and seed's will thrive. ;frosty; :cool:

holdenhead
23-01-2009, 01:03 AM
From a distance, in the right light, at the right house, plastic grass can look sort of like real grass. A neigbour of one of my customers has it. They have some plastic plants in the garden too. There are a few things that give it away.........the nieghbours lawn and plants are real & Their nature strip is feral. The other thing is they have a huge gum tree on the nature strip that drops leaves all over their yard. Looks yuk.

Murray
12-02-2009, 01:50 AM
I don't like the look of it!

Plastic. Yuk!

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/221/09022009810sv5.th.jpg (http://img6.imageshack.us/my.php?image=09022009810sv5.jpg)

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5237/09022009811jk1.th.jpg (http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=09022009811jk1.jpg)

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6293/09022009813xl8.th.jpg (http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=09022009813xl8.jpg)

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3850/09022009812qm6.th.jpg (http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=09022009812qm6.jpg)

mowjoman
12-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Hey Murray Whats the go with the photos you post?????

haireyscarie
12-02-2009, 07:33 AM

plastic grass ..
it is mowjoman

Murray
12-02-2009, 12:18 PM

You mean why or how?

How? My mobile phone.

Why? Makes conversation easier i think.

mowjoman
12-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Sorry shoulda been clearer.....
When opening your pics it takes me to a web site with heapsa other on it rather than just.........opening a pic
Just curious is all..... :o

Murray
13-02-2009, 12:14 AM
...Just curious is all..... :o

Image hosting sites.

I use ImageShack but there are heaps around.

Try this!

http://my.imageshack.us/

Murray
13-02-2009, 01:33 AM
P.S. It's free!

geoff
28-02-2009, 03:58 PM
maybe so maybe not according to some geejay , a lawn managed responsiable they are in fact good for the envoriment .
.. can redcuce carbon dioxide
.. reducing the heat island effect , cools the surrounds
..reduces energy consumption which in all helps reduce the global warming .
.. water run off over grass areas are more benificial than concrete with fake grass on it
all in all some may say the benefits of lawns , natural grass is really a good thing ..heaps of research are going into making more drought tolerant grass lawns and i think thats where the future will be , not some fake grass that collects dirt dust and crap...hard toi wash dog crap from a fkes lawn , u wanna try it

geejay
28-02-2009, 04:06 PM
synthetic grass perfect for replacement of natural grass in any area.

It has an extra strong triple layer backing with drainage holes every 100mm.

Straight green pile with stitching every 3/8 of an inch (14,700 stitches every M2!)

Slightly uneven pile height for a more realistic look.

Manufactured with UV stabilised pile.

Drought Proof Grass

Well these are changing types wonder about the pros and cons any ideas

tis the future,grass as we know it consumes way to much natural/chemical resources to warrant it in the future of reducing carbon emmisions.it will be repalced over time by synthetics,sand,pebbles and garden beds with drought hardy plants.

tony bettess
28-02-2009, 05:42 PM
In America mothers were stopping there children playing on grounds [sports], Because after 3 years it was having a problem with sign's off lead in the children that have been playing on it since it was laid.Any way you still need weed contoller's wether it's real lawn's or fake. :cool: :aus-flag:

Bluey
28-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Like I said before. It may look sorta like the real thing but it will never replace it. Don't see too many families sitting down for a picnic on fake grass do we. And I have been watching some installations where I go and the crap that builds up on them is unreal. Whilst you may not have to mow it you will definitely have to replace it eventually as a pretty hefty cost. I reckon if you costed that out it would be dearer than mowing real grass.

geoff
28-02-2009, 07:39 PM
I say to the greenies go forth and multiply , we will have grass and we will cut up dead trees around our properties and we will cut down trees overhanging our houses and WE WILL BURN OFF THE undergrowth in the forest , like the natives did for 40 000 years ....greenies your time has come....

Bluey
28-02-2009, 08:16 PM
I say to the greenies go forth and multiply , we will have grass and we will cut up dead trees around our properties and we will cut down trees overhanging our houses and WE WILL BURN OFF THE undergrowth in the forest , like the natives did for 40 000 years ....greenies your time has come....

Lol...go Geoff....You know I saw the greenies in action in Cairns years ago. All up in arms about the people building in the Daintree. They were really into the fight. Hell they even built a brand new headquarters in Cairns to do it. Guess what it was made out of. Rainforest timbers. I thought it was highly hypocritical at the time. A lot of these so called greenies are dial a greenie. They will rally for the cause and then forget about it and go back to their normal life.

Kim
28-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Save the trees from the hippess :laughing:

chaplain
01-03-2009, 09:27 AM
yes i still dont like Synthetic Grass everythings plastic soon people will be made out of plastic IROBOT

Islandhead
17-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Noticed they have put synthetic grass outside the servo in mnt dnadenong rd... looks unaturally green. Guess it's cheaper for the councils to maintain :i dunno:

geoff
17-03-2009, 04:52 PM
u will also notice a lot of display homes are going fake nature strip grass..one of our corporate office complex has gone synthetic at the main entrance..looks very effective as a highlight to the entrance , especially when its highlighted by a good garden bed of well places plants

Bluey
18-03-2009, 07:59 PM
u will also notice a lot of display homes are going fake nature strip grass..one of our corporate office complex has gone synthetic at the main entrance..looks very effective as a highlight to the entrance , especially when its highlighted by a good garden bed of well places plants

I have a customers who has a small back lawn of natural grass but has a fake grass square at the front surrounded by mulch gardens.

I started just doing the back lawn but noticed the fake lawn was getting covered in wind blown mulch and looking tatty so I offered to blow off the fake grass for free one time. It worked really well.

Now I have upped the cost and do the fake lawn each time as well. Going to whack this service on my web page because more and more people are realizing fake grass is not maintenance free as they claim.

geoff
18-03-2009, 08:03 PM
spot on bluey , we too have had that as well , its great stuff but it needs maintenance , we have child care centers that require blowing every week , espcially when u put the big back pack blower on its a great service.... always something in the bag hey mate

chatza
18-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Islandhead dont you mean more time for the council boys to sleep :D

DavidS
10-04-2009, 05:48 AM
We have a synthetic bowling green down the road where I help out, we have to sweep the green every second day and in the areas where it is in the shade most of the day we have to use a hard brush and scrub the surface otherwise it gets a buildup of moss and algae. Yes we don't have to weed it it has cut the cost of chemiicals and mowing but we still have to spend a lot of time keeping it clean otherwise it can scratch the bowls and looks fake, It really defeated the purpose for the installation which was to look like a grass green and to cut the cost of maintenance by 75%. The bowling club is going to put a grass green back in when this synthetic one wears out. We have cigarette burns in a couple of places, smokers have been banned from the greens.

chatza
14-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Just drove past some on dorset rd croydon there were some nice big juicy weeds growing out of it

bb1
19-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Great thread guys, one of my body corporates is thinking of putting in about 900 Sq Meters of the stuff on the nature strips in front of each Unit. STill leaves me with heaps of Parklands, and gardens, etc. But they are thinking it is maintenance free, but that is obviously not the case, Any other observations would be appreciated, so I can steer them in the right direction.

Stripes
08-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Has anyone laid this stuff? I have to do a small job with it soon and it looks easy enough but just wanted to know if it is. It is a 16 square metre area. Also if anyone knows where to get it at a wholesale price? I have only seen it at Bunnings and the one I want is $74 a metre.

As far as I know you have to level off the area (It was a weedy patch of grass that has been poisoned 3 times) and compact it, level off with sand then lay the synthetic grass in the same direction. Peg it down with galvanised irrigation stakes, then spread a 10mm layer of sand over the top to weigh it down and keep it level. Anything else I have to do?

Mrs HMS
08-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Just drove past some on dorset rd croydon there were some nice big juicy weeds growing out of it

and 7 months later they still haven't done anything about those weeds which are getting to be the size of my 6 year old! Looks awful.

If they're going to use it, they need to maintain it regularly. Makes the whole area look run down and shabby.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
08-11-2009, 08:44 AM
and 7 months later they still haven't done anything about those weeds which are getting to be the size of my 6 year old! Looks awful.

If they're going to use it, they need to maintain it regularly. Makes the whole area look run down and shabby.

Looks like the corner of narre warren cranbourne rd and princes highway is going to end up the same way. Weeds coming up everywhere and other rubbish all over it

administrator
08-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Mrs HMS
Send them a quote always a way to create business . :laughing:

Fred's mowing
15-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Rested my pole hedgecutter against a wall with the motor on the artificial turf...........not good.It melts. Actually did it a few times & did,nt even notice. On my next visit my client points it out to me, he,s not too fussed as the areas are only the size of a 50cent coin but wants me to be aware in the future, fair enough!
Not a big fan of artificial turf, but in some areas it can look reasonable. Those areas are usually where lawns are going to be hard to establish & maintain anyway. Some ppl persist in trying to grow lawn in areas its not suited to anyway. Perhaps artificial turf maynot be the answer either but insome situations Ive sen its not too bad. Small areas shaded with trees, with exposed tree roots & tight araes where its difficult to get a mower in will always struggle with natural turf. Areas where I have seen it look half reasonable are where the main focus is on other areas of the garden, I dont think Ive ever seen it look good in large areas.
Cheers Dean.
Ps I,ll try & get some pics up to get my point across.

Redeye
16-11-2009, 10:13 AM
I've always liked the look of native violet(viola hederacea) or dichondra repens as a lawn substitute, works really well in shaded areas.

lenny
16-11-2009, 12:58 PM
In my golfing days, where I played as a junior a lot of the tees did not get enough sunlight, so they decided to put the artificial turf in. This stuff was terrible, you needed a hammer to get your tee in the ground and if you hit the turf with your club it would nearly break your wrist. When there was heavy rains alot of the soil would wash over the top of the artificial turf. They required a lot of maintenance and the golf course was owned by the council, so they didn't get much attention.

Stripes
17-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I just finished laying it at a job. After finishing I spoke to my client and asked her what she thought. She scrunched her face up. I asked if she hates it and she says "Yeah it is pretty awful" :o

I dont think it looks too bad, but it depends how you look at it. Because the piles are sort of flat, if you look from one side it looks shiny and fake, but from the other side it looks good where you dont get that shiny look. It cost her $1900 so I hope it grows on her!

lawngreen
17-11-2009, 05:01 PM
I just finished laying it at a job. After finishing I spoke to my client and asked her what she thought. She scrunched her face up. I asked if she hates it and she says "Yeah it is pretty awful" :o

I dont think it looks too bad, but it depends how you look at it. Because the piles are sort of flat, if you look from one side it looks shiny and fake, but from the other side it looks good where you dont get that shiny look. It cost her $1900 so I hope it grows on her!

That's a shocker of a pun! "..I hope it grows on her!" Hope you didn't say that to her!

GreenHaven
17-11-2009, 05:46 PM
thats a classic stripes, a place round the corner from me put in the artifical stuff ripped up couch that could of come up good with a spray, fertilize and mayby a vertimow next spring a month later the artifical has weeds through it sand on it from washed off the garden and a nice double tyre mark from a truck parking on it.

Stripes
17-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the tip mate! I tried to fluff it up a bit but the pile seemed to just flop back down. I noticed the delivery date on the sticker said October 08, so it has been pushed in that position in the roll for a while. I will give it another go tomorrow. I have put a thin layer of sand over it but I'm waiting for the sand to dry out so it will spread nicely.

^^ This post was to Back to Basics but the old clock thing seems to mix it up a bit!

Back to Basics
17-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Stripes, we lay this stuff very regularly at work. You say that the pile leans one way, just wondering if you raked it so it was sitting up first before installing the sand. After the sand another thorough rake is required before the rubber.

See attached :wave-hi:

Fred's mowing
17-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Nice instalation BTB but the first shot hilarious, even so, imagine it was real turf & u had to mow & edge it, even funnier :laughing: .
That was one of the points I was trying to make, some ppl want to put turf (fake or real) where it just does,nt belong.
Cheers Dean.

Back to Basics
17-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Stripes no matter how old get a nail rake and give it some curry after you have nailed it down into your road base/crusher dust that has been compacted.

This will loosed all the knots in the pile and help it stand up and accept the sand.

Best to used kiln dried sand as it is so fine and goes into the pile, essential though to keep both sand and turf dry or it sticks to the pile of the grass like **** to a blanket!

Install the sand until you can poke your finger in the sand and it comes up to about the first knuckle. This should mean you have enough.

Rake the sand in as you go, as it is the sand that fills around each pile in the turf giving it that standing up look. At this stage the pile should be able to be walked on and then spring back upright.

Once you have this right it is rubber rubber rubber. This gives a nice contrast to the green and makes it look smick.

The only thing to do then is stand back and admire your handy work :).

Mate not trying to make out like I know it all, just trying to help. Fingers crossed I have passed some valuable information on. If you need anything else let me know.

Stripes
18-11-2009, 06:24 AM
Thanks again mate! Some good tips there for someone like me who has never laid it before.

Bluey
18-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks again mate! Some good tips there for someone like me who has never laid it before.

And that's the reason we have this forum. To share info and help each other. Bravo Zulu (Navy speak for well done) Stripes. I referred a young bloke just starting out to this forum today. We were doing a display install and his dad is a shop fitter and started asking questions about our game for his son. I told him to tell his son to give me a call and to become a member here. I reckon if every one of us who is established could mentor at least one new starter it would be a great thing.

How about that for an idea Admin. We could run a mentoring program from Indy. It would have to be voluntary by members to spend a bit of time with a newbie but hey I would have loved that opportunity when I started. I will stick my hand up right now for it.

Anyone else interested. If we do this properly we can really help out a newbie and that has to be a good thing. Indy by nature but united we stand.

Stripes
18-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Yeah I wish this site was around when I started. I have referred a lot of noobs to it that I think read it rather than post, but there is so much info for everyone here not just the noobs which is why it is great. I was also thinking about a thread or sub forum for finding all the products from the wholesalers. Sort of like a where to purchase products for the best prices thread. Products not stocked in the Indi store of course!

As for the synthetic turf, I went there today and hammered it with the lawn leveler pulling it against the flattened pile as I was spreading the sand and it has come up much, much better. My client said it looks much better but she didnt see the finished product before she left but I'm sure she is much happier now. Thanks again for the tip mate! I will post some pics if I ever remember the camera when I go there.

Bluey
18-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Oops...meant to give the BZ to BTB not Stripes but he deserves one for persevering to get the job done anyway

administrator
01-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Real Turf :boxer: Synthetic

http://loveyourlawn.com.au/webisodes.html?task=videodirectlink&id=27

Wattle GC
01-06-2010, 09:57 AM
And that's the reason we have this forum. To share info and help each other. Bravo Zulu (Navy speak for well done) Stripes. I referred a young bloke just starting out to this forum today. We were doing a display install and his dad is a shop fitter and started asking questions about our game for his son. I told him to tell his son to give me a call and to become a member here. I reckon if every one of us who is established could mentor at least one new starter it would be a great thing.

How about that for an idea Admin. We could run a mentoring program from Indy. It would have to be voluntary by members to spend a bit of time with a newbie but hey I would have loved that opportunity when I started. I will stick my hand up right now for it.

Anyone else interested. If we do this properly we can really help out a newbie and that has to be a good thing. Indy by nature but united we stand.

Bluey this is an idea which was floated some time ago and nothing become of it..I could not agree with you more and it should be encouraged as there are many reasons why we should train and guide newbies as it can only benefit the industry,lift the standards and therfore lift our $$$ for all.. Seriously we should do something as people are led to the glamourous marketing of the franchise and ultimatly a high percentage fail.. Mabey we should start a marketing campaign to join Indies promoting the benefits of what all of us can offer..

Andy B
01-06-2010, 10:02 AM
The jane mansfield of synthetics. :p

I have a client who has an allergic reaction to the grass cuttings/dust etc he's a good case for synthetic and he would still need someone to sweep blow/clean it.

Stripes
01-06-2010, 10:22 AM
As for the synthetic turf, I went there today and hammered it with the lawn leveler pulling it against the flattened pile as I was spreading the sand and it has come up much, much better. My client said it looks much better but she didnt see the finished product before she left but I'm sure she is much happier now. Thanks again for the tip mate! I will post some pics if I ever remember the camera when I go there.

I'm going to this job tomorrow so will take a few pics. She seems happy with it now but it does get a bit hot as mentioned in that link, but if its just a small area it shouldn't matter too much. I get the backpack blower onto it to get rid of the leaves, but she actually doesn't mind a few leaves on it to make it look more natural. There are some odd bits of Kikuyu coming back through it even though it was poisoned three times! So I have to get onto it to stop it from turning into a real lawn again.

courty
28-06-2010, 11:51 AM
B2B
Where in Brissie do you get it from?
I have to quote a job tomorrow(play area in a private house) for either this stuff with soft fall under it or straight soft fall mulch and I need to get some costs on it .

Cheers
Glenn

Stripes
28-06-2010, 12:14 PM
B2B
Where in Brissie do you get it from?
I have to quote a job tomorrow(play area in a private house) for either this stuff with soft fall under it or straight soft fall mulch and I need to get some costs on it .

Cheers
Glenn

its expensive ****! I think I paid about $70 per metre (1.8m wide) for it from memory. I ended up getting it from Bunnings so I'm sure there will be much cheaper places, but I couldnt find anyone that would just supply it on the net, they all included installation.

Stripes
28-06-2010, 12:20 PM
. I was also thinking about a thread or sub forum for finding all the products from the wholesalers. Sort of like a where to purchase products for the best prices thread. Products not stocked in the Indi store of course!

What do you think Admin?

Fred's mowing
28-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Sounds good Stripes!
Cheers Dean.

courty
28-06-2010, 05:30 PM
its expensive ****! I think I paid about $70 per metre (1.8m wide) for it from memory. I ended up getting it from Bunnings so I'm sure there will be much cheaper places, but I couldnt find anyone that would just supply it on the net, they all included installation.

I rang a few today but same thing,they wanted install as well. Figure I'll have a look at the site tomorrow and find out the clients cost expectation and go from there.

Expecting more tears tonight lol

Stripes
28-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Expecting more tears tonight lol

I'm stupidly optimistic again like I am every week. I'll probably be shattered again at around 9pm. Its close to our best team so they have no excuse. We are definitely gone if we lose tonight, not that we aren't already gone!

I think the wholesalers thread would be very handy to find out where to buy certain things like synthetic turf, chemicals, certain plants, pots and whatever else there may be. It would be very handy for the noobs especially.

Back to Basics
28-06-2010, 06:17 PM
I am not sure about where my previous employers got it from but there are a few places in Beenleigh way I think.

Bunnings is expensive. I have some at my place from a previous job, how much do you need?

I will try and find out for you.

ian
28-06-2010, 06:52 PM
one of these may be able to help you
http:///www.urbanturfsolutions.com.au/?gclid=CPyr8riywqICFRvQbwodCQiR5Q
http://www.syntheticgrass-suppliers.com.au/order.html
http://www.protechcorp.com.au/lawns/wholesale.html

Back to Basics
28-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Urban turf solutions rings a bell:big grin

courty
28-06-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm back, footy's over and I'm smiling for a change :)
Thanks for the links Ian
B2B
Not sure how much I need or if she wants to pay the price,will check the job out tomorrow and let you know.
cheers
Glenn

courty
29-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Had a look at the job this morning and after chatting with the client I'm just quoting to clean up the area and lay soft fall mulch.
She had a quote for synthetic grass and softfall installed,came in at $3000.00. The area is only 6m x 5m
Funny thing is she already has a Jimmy doing her lawn and he wasn't interested in quoting:confused: and by the time I left she had also asked me to quote on re turfing the front yard. I'll be much happier doing these two jobs than mowing the lawn for $35

Back to Basics
29-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Courty that price is not too bad. We use to install it at between 100 - 130 a square metre. That included turf, road base, deco, sand and labour.

So artificial turf, soft fall pretty good price.

Certainly a better earner than just mowing, who knows you might end up getting a regular out of it also.:wave-hi:

courty
30-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Client has excepted my quote to do the area in soft fall bark mulch,will post some before and afters when I do the job.

Denis
Was watching a young bloke that resembled you on Chooseday night football last night

Stripes
30-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Denis
Was watching a young bloke that resembled you on Chooseday night football last night

Spewing. I forgot to watch it. I kept thinking sbout it on Monday but of course forgot it last night. I need IQ! It was a classic game.

courty
30-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Stripes
Think it might be replayed at 6pm tonight

Stripes
30-06-2010, 04:45 PM
I just checked and you are right. Sweet as! Thanks mate.

Back to Basics
30-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Client has excepted my quote to do the area in soft fall bark mulch,will post some before and afters when I do the job.

Denis

Courty guilty as charged! Fingers crossed I played alright and didn't make a fool of myself!

Good to hear the quote was accepted.

Stripes
15-08-2010, 11:06 AM
This is the place I installed it at. She actually likes it with a few leaves on it to make it look more natural. I have to give this another run over with the stiff broom as the piles have gone a bit flat again. Getting a bit of some weed come through so have to hit it with the round up every now and then. This weed was in the garden and is popping up in the sand beneath the synthetic grass. I might hit it with once a year path weeder but it tends to leave a bit of white residue for a little while.
The other photo is from a few years ago when it was real turf, not that you can see much of it.

Mrs HMS
15-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Denis

Note to self...get Foxtel, we get bugger all NRL on free to air TV in Vic.

I spent many a weekend in the crowd screaming like a banshee watching B2B and his team mates playing!!!

Stripes
15-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Note to self...get Foxtel, we get bugger all NRL on free to air TV in Vic.

I spent many a weekend in the crowd screaming like a banshee watching B2B and his team mates playing!!!

I bet you can't wait til next year where your team will actually be playing for a purpose.
I would die without my Foxsports. They play heaps of league throughout the week. Chooseday night football is where they play classic games from the past. They give 3 options for games each week and put a poll on their website. Whichever game gets the most votes gets shown on Tuesday night. They played the 97 Grand final a few weeks ago which was just an awesome game. On Thursdays they have been showing State of Origin games from the past. Been loving it.

12-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Thought I'd put this up here.
Removing weeds from Synthetic turf.
I had a clean up this week where they had laid synthetic turf down the centre of the drive and a 18" wide strip between the fence and drive. Even the current owner didnt know it was beside the drive because of the amount of weed and dirt that had accumulated on top of it.
I assumed the only way to be rid of the weed was to poison it given that the roots intertwine with the stuff. Given that it didnt really matter what happened to to the fake grass beside the drive I ripped into it with the whippy and thrashed out as much weed as possible, blew it and the dirt away and repeated this process several times until it came up like new. The line wont cut the synthetic strands of grass, it just pushes it flat and no matter how hard I tried I could cut a single blade of plastic grass. Of course if you turn the line at 90 degrees you can cut right through it.
Followed up with poison to get rid of them but it gave an instant result and much better than just telling the homeowner that you have poisoned them but have nothing to show.
If your going to try this I recommend a trial area in an inconspicuous spot first - some of the longer types of synthetic grass might be a bit slow to get out of the way.
No pics but was surprised with the result. Current owner had been mowing the weeds that grew on top LOL

South East Mowing
23-04-2014, 09:24 PM
I have mate who lays it. Depending on what type it is it can cost from $80 to $120 a square metre laid. And they won't guarantee it for longer than 8 yrs. It eventually breaks down and fades. Plus have you ever sat on it? I was up in a new sub division at Craigmore the other day and they have laid it on all the roundabouts and already it is looking tacky

Does anyone have any contacts in the industry? Looks like a school we do may be laying this stuff - up to 16000sq mtrs:i dunno: