PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Set Up

APS_QLD
30-07-2004, 11:58 PM
I have purchased a new trailer which has a mower ramp at the front no cage as yet but am looking at this. My questions how does everyone set thier trailers up? good points and bad points on what you have down or what you would like changed.

Mine is a 7 x 5, am considering placing a box over the mowers to house the blower, hedger,vac, chainsaw. My whipper snipper to lay down the side of the trailer (will get a photo asap).

Any help would be most welcomed.

Brian

Hondy
31-07-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm building myself a new trailer at the moment, single axle with a floor area of 3.1M X 2M. It has 2 sections, the rear is 2M X 2M with rear opening doors and the front section is 2M X 1.1M with side opening door. There is another metre at the front over the draw bar I havn't decided what to do with yet, probably a basket for the grass bags and a rack for spray bottles and fit the garden tools in there someware maybe.
The sides are 1 metre high flat sheet steel. I went for flat sides rather than mesh to make it easier to unload at the dump. I find branches tend to get caught in the mesh as your trying to pull them out. I went for two sections to keep the rubbish seperate from the ride on, or I can leave the ride on at home when I get big clean up jobs.

Tony

APS_QLD
31-07-2004, 10:11 PM
What part of Brisbane you at??

Brian

Hondy
01-08-2004, 06:38 AM
The best part of Brisbane, Manly.

Tony

Easycareacres
01-08-2004, 04:38 PM
g'day brissey guys how ya doing. Trailers can be set any way one prefers it. I found by locking gear inside vechile was peace of mind from thieves. Had gear on trailer but sick of the chains paddlocks for each piece etc.

APS_QLD
02-08-2004, 06:54 AM
I know what you mean about your gear. I had a van which i had all may gear in, until it died. I now have a 1997 rodeo ute 4x4 only had genuine 36000 on the clock and got it at a good price. Needed a vehicle ASAP. Anyway now all my gear is in the open so to speak now i stress while out the back mowing and can never stop at shops unless i can park where i can see the gear.

I am urgently looking at finishing the trailer so my gear can be locked up. I may get one of those steel boxes to put everything in for the time being to give peice of mind.

In hindsight i should have given more thought to setting up the trailer when i first bought it. Alas just starting out i was not sure what i wanted and how best to set it up to suit my needs.

Brian

APS_QLD
02-08-2004, 07:09 AM
How many more Independent contractors are in the brissy area i wonder. Why i ask as i only do a portion of nth west brisbane i still get people wanting work done thats to far away so would rather put them onto someone off the site than say sorry cannot help, i beleive it would be better PR.

Just a thought.

Tony maybe we can meet sometime and toss a few ideas around although you seem to have your ideas all set in place.

Brian

APS_QLD
02-08-2004, 07:11 AM
Easy,

Interesting set up for whiper snippers they locked in place or held by straps?

Brian

Steve Ladlow
02-08-2004, 02:36 PM
How many more Independent contractors are in the brissy area i wonder. Why i ask as i only do a portion of nth west brisbane i still get people wanting work done thats to far away so would rather put them onto someone off the site than say sorry cannot help, i beleive it would be better PR.

Just a thought.

Brian

Brian i joined this morning & would be interested in talking/meeting etc. Its not the rain thats affecting my work load

APS_QLD
02-08-2004, 03:01 PM
No problems steve, pick a day and a time and i will see what i can do. I only have a few jobs this week so have some spare time.

Brian

Easycareacres
02-08-2004, 03:55 PM
yes whippers have lock one lock does all, Steve Dakabin wow so close to me. We qld stick together we dont have 2 heads.

Tonyr
02-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Hey Russ,

You could cart sheep in that bloody big trailer, ooops, had another look, you do!!!!!!!!! ha, ha, ha!!!! Cotcha!

Easycareacres
02-08-2004, 04:09 PM
I lock bunty in front as tries to jump ahead. now she backs up lol

Tonyr
02-08-2004, 04:23 PM
ahhhh, ya a shocker Russ!

Do and cuttin/sand blastin' today?

got quite a bit on this week, nice surprise, all sizable too.

REckon you should bring them scags down and help me with the ferral jungle I'm doing in the morning, told wife if I'm not back by beer oclock that she better celebrate as hillbillies and big snakes might of got me!

be interesting to see who wins, Toro or Torbanlea!

Easycareacres
02-08-2004, 04:33 PM
yes was great, mowed today on a greenway will finish it noon tommorrow i hope. Would you belive stuck again lol, hate to unhook trailer which p..ssss..s me off. Take 4x4 into tight bush tree area swamp to snatch the manderine out.

APS_QLD
04-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Had a plan for the trailer simple cage around the trailer and box mess bottom sheet side up front over the mowers for the blowers chainsaws etc. *%$k $1300.

**** the bloody trailer cost just a little over that?

Brian

Hondy
04-08-2004, 08:32 PM
You'll have to get yourself a little welder and a couple of old weldmesh fence panels and save yourself heaps.

Tony

Steve Ladlow
04-08-2004, 10:58 PM
, Steve Dakabin wow so close to me. We qld stick together we dont have 2 heads.

I got called a bloody tourist the other night, check "whats your baclground" thanks for the hospitality.

Am trying some flyers this week or so, read a thread stating they only get 1% response and you mentioned "lifestyle blocks" which is what im aiming at. What services do you aim at, ive included mowing/slashing, mulching, garden maint,tree pruning, hedges, gutters, fence line clean up & rubbish removal. Any other services i could go for?

mojo111
05-08-2004, 05:24 PM
I got called a bloody tourist the other night, check "whats your baclground" thanks for the hospitality.

Am trying some flyers this week or so, read a thread stating they only get 1% response and you mentioned "lifestyle blocks" which is what im aiming at. What services do you aim at, ive included mowing/slashing, mulching, garden maint,tree pruning, hedges, gutters, fence line clean up & rubbish removal. Any other services i could go for?

How about a water blaster drveways foot paths and so on. I charge $60phr on that, easy work, when its hot bonus :laughing:
phill QUEENSLANDER :laughing:

Easycareacres
05-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Stevo, try the fliers as worked for me at time I needed work. I had a pamflet dristubuter deliver on motorbikes with junk mail. some weeks nothing but hey built my run up. Dackabin has acerage areas so you should be ok. Tell distributer where to deliver, get ya map out dude and pick ya areas.

Pres Lawn
07-08-2004, 06:23 PM

You have got the right idea Steve concentrate on those services and dont knock a job back, if a costomer asks do you do this ....dont say no, tell them you will have a look at the job and see what you can do.
Good luck mate :)

Pres Lawn
07-08-2004, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=Steve Ladlow]I got called a bloody tourist the other night, check "whats your baclground" thanks for the hospitality.

I think Mick was only joking Steve :cool: