PDA

View Full Version : Petrol Hedgers

Steve Ladlow
02-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Petrol Hedgers

What is the general concensus on this subject?
Who makes what & how much?

Thanks
Steve

APS_QLD
02-08-2004, 04:20 PM
I run a Excalabar, as i only have two clients with a hedge its all i needed and all i could afford at the time. It cost about $350 there abouts. 2 years old and has had minor repairs to date about $60 - 80 in all.

If i was going to do more and bigger hedges I would get one that has a bigger cutting blade and designed for commercial use. In hindsight i should have waited till i could afford a commercial one like a shindiawa.

It also will depend on the height as you may need one on a pole.

Brian

Hondy
02-08-2004, 06:14 PM
I've had a Tanaka for six years now without any problems. When I have to replace it the weight of the trimmer will be a major consideration because they get very heavy after an hour or so.

Tony

Rod
02-08-2004, 07:12 PM
I have a Stihl hedger with a a huge cutting bar. Very happy with it starts first time every time (where have I heard that before.)

Cost me $800.00 plus. Very gutsy and it can be re sharpened. I had a Jonsred before that. Put in the kids toy box where it belongs.

bradtez
02-08-2004, 09:49 PM
hi have a Husqvarna 325HE3x with a 550mm cutting bar and the cutting bar also rotates 45 degrees which means you dont need to be up and down a ladder with the small to medium size hedges. Cost me around $1200 12 months ago.

A great unit with no problems so far..

Brad

Pres Lawn
07-08-2004, 06:29 PM
I use both Stihl & MTD I find the MTD is far superior to the Sthil for a very fine cut, but the Stihl is great for reducing heavy grwth.