PDA

View Full Version : Getting tenders or Contracts

ryancronin
03-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Can someone tell me how the best way to get tenders or contracts and how you no when they are up for tender like tafes schools etc If any of you already have these tenders tell me what type you have and how you got them

Alex Callaghan
03-08-2004, 09:21 PM
Gday,

Tenders are mainly advertised in local paper etc. Most tenders come up end of financial year. Best way to find out is get in contact with local council, schools etc and ask them when they put work out for tender.

I've placed expresions of intrest in for 4 tenders with local council here and recevied the work for 2 and also bagged 2 other council payrole jobs. Mainly mowing around large distributers near Pacific H'way and surounding areas, small park in my town and a cemetry.

snippy
03-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Yeah theres normally stacks of them in our Saturday paper, councils and government etc. I don't ever apply for any I just read them for interests sake, still waiting for the one that needs a slack arse loafer who charges twice what their worth to do bugger all, all day long, then I'd probably chuck a bid in on that one :laughing: :aus-flag:

mick
04-08-2004, 04:36 PM
All the Tenders I've seen from the council here, you have to pay for the info! Screw that!

Easycareacres
04-08-2004, 04:40 PM
Of course one has to pay for tender papers. Its to narow down the time wasters.

mick
04-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Good point! damit , why didn't I think of that! I just assumed the council was penny pinching, which there brilliant at! Might think about them then if it narrows the field a little. Good one Russ!

APS_QLD
04-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Is there a site on the net that you can look at for tenders. The ones i have spotted are not real helpfull.

Brian

Alex Callaghan
04-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Is there a site on the net that you can look at for tenders. The ones i have spotted are not real helpfull.

Brian

G'day Brian,

Local Council websites have tender info.

Steve Ladlow
04-08-2004, 11:21 PM
Theres a links page on indmowing.com.au with all state govs tenders. Checked it today, only thing close in qld is grounds cleaning at QUT caseldine