PDA

View Full Version : Sqaure meterage and linear rates ............

Alex Callaghan
04-08-2004, 08:37 PM
There's a new sporting complex/park being built localy soon and council will be specifiying in tender forms that they want square meterage and linear meterage rates for mowing and edging along with afew other sites from what I've found out.

Has anybody had experiance with this way of qouting?

Seems like it will be very hard to come up with 1 sqaure and 1 linear rate that will cover the entire job. IE...Slopes, Trees etc etc etc.......!!!!!
Speaking to some people I know from larger Lawn and Landscape mobs down in Sydney I've been told that you come up with one figure for each and take the good with the bad. Seems a very sensible way of looking at it but just wonder if anybody else has any first hand experiance with this?

I'm looking at probably submiting a bid of 27c per sqaure meter at the moment and 8c per linear when the time comes.

Anybody got any expreiance with this meterage stuff?

Hondy
04-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Football field :100m X 50m =5000sq.m. 27c per sq. metre = $1350.
I want to mow football fields.

Tony

Alex Callaghan
04-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Mate I wouldn't be doing the footy feilds. Council will use their tractor with an 18 foot batwing on the feilds apparently. They will want bids for pinic areas, park etc in the complex.

These are the figures that I was told to I should come in at by a mate in Sydney that is operations manager at a large Lawn/Landscape mob down there called "Aneta Landscapes".
I don't want to come in to high and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot either! I want the job and I want it to work for me.Thats why I'm asking here

BTW: I have a job here that takes me and anouther bloke 4-5 days and costs council $3000 plus. They pay that price cause they don't want to do it.........cant do it them selfs for less. Used to take them 4-5 days with a crew of 6, plus plant hire and I would imagine they would have been pushing $4000 by the end!

Steve Ladlow
04-08-2004, 11:08 PM
BTW: I have a job here that takes me and anouther bloke 4-5 days and costs council $3000 plus. They pay that price cause they don't want to do it.........cant do it them selfs for less. Used to take them 4-5 days with a crew of 6, plus plant hire and I would imagine they would have been pushing $4000 by the end![/QUOTE]

Sorry to be nosey but what sort of job pays $3000 :confused:

Hondy
05-08-2004, 07:48 AM
Alex, sorry mate, just sounded too good. Good luck with the tender.
If you get the job any chance of letting us know what the hourly rate works out to be and what equipment you use for the job?

Steve, I have a contract that pays nearly $3000 per month for a max of 2 days per week in summer. Have'nt had to do much lately but it's handy to have the money still coming in.

Tony