PDA

View Full Version : Additional Services (Car park Line Marking.)

Rod
04-08-2004, 09:00 PM
I bought a Line Marking Machine (car parks) around ten years ago. Cost me $500 with twelve cans of spray paint and a stencil kit arrows etc.

Decided I would market "Car park Line Marking" (small shopping centers didn't want the MCG car park or anything big.) If you have commercial customers most have car parks.

Just be careful with disabled parking bays there is a specification for correct colors to be used etc.

A can of paint is around $10.00 and does around 100 meters. I can do around 500 meters and hour. (easy to quote for.)

I know that some contractors out there are looking for additional ideas for income. Its one that works for me I get 1 - 3 jobs a month at $ 100-250 a job.

Oh yes, has to be done in the night (full moon helps) weekends or after hours otherwise people walk and drive through your "Picasso."

Tonyr
04-08-2004, 09:46 PM
not long ago I was thinking about buying/hiring a sweeper, e.g Tennant, one guy here does car park sweeping already I found out so doubt this town could support both so I lost interest.

thing is to find/do something that's needed but isn't already saturated....like that isn't a challenge!

snippy
04-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Admiral...

Not enough lawn work around?, or do you just like moonlighting ( nyuk nyuk nyuk ) I've done allsorts to keep me going, fixing gyprock walls, tap washers, putting up clotheslines etc etc etc, I just don't know how to say nay ! :ebony:

Tonyr
04-08-2004, 09:53 PM
wish I had the gift of the gab mate, I could start a consultancy business...finding rain and grass, LOL!

Mowing?

Wassat?

I remember doing that once....got this big old Toro in the shed with cob webs all over it, gues it was a mower or somethin'? ha, ha!

Might go sell some drugs or something....a man has to drink ya know, ha, ha.

The job I want is like that old guy used to do at the Gold Coast, spraying sun lotion on chicks at the beach, yeah baby, that's MY job!

Tonyr
04-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Another great thing would be the sand filtering service the council does at the sunshine coast beaches, tractor and filter...

if it went out for tender that would be fantastic!

doubt it would ever happen here, but ya never know...