PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Consoles

Mrs HMS
25-01-2009, 03:33 PM
We just got ourselves a Wii, it came with the sports pack and gotta say I'm hooked. Sure for that particular game bundle the graphics are a tad childish but geez we had fun last night with a family game of tennis and bowling.

Timmy and I are both suffering a bad case of Wii-arm today :laughing:

We have an old X-Box (not the 360) variety that had been gathering dust on the shelf and yesterday I went into EB Games and found a heap of great games for it for $13 each and trade in ones for $5. I must admit I went a little crazy.

But I like the fact that with the Wii you aren't sitting on ya bum on the couch...you have to get up and move a bit.

So......what have you got? What do you want?

Countrymile
25-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi Mrs HMS,

We have a playstation 2 with singstar and all the usual car and rally games. The lastest obsession is "Grand theft auto", probably shouldn't let the girls play it, but you hope they can distinguish between fantasy and reality.

I absolutely cannot drive on those things, really scary, our eight year old is a better driver. They give me a go just for a laugh.

:laughing:

Darren plays World of Warcraft when he has any time lately, I'm just not into any of it myself, love the internet though.
Shannon

Islandhead
25-01-2009, 06:10 PM
I've got an xbox 360, a wii and 2 nintendo DS's (one is the wifes)

I've been playing games since I was a young teenager and just never grown out of it. Although nowadays the average age of the gamer has risen to about 30 years old, and many of the games contain the kind of content that definitely is not for kids :laughing:

I think I'll be gaming forever :russ:

Stripes
25-01-2009, 06:25 PM
I bought a Wii for the wife for xmas and we play it a fair bit when the kids go to bed. We just have the Sports pack as well, but its good to have a bit of fun before heading off to bed.

Can anyone recommend any other games? My wife wants to get Wii Fit after she has our baby in a few months. Is it any good?

Islandhead
25-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Can anyone recommend any other games? My wife wants to get Wii Fit after she has our baby in a few months. Is it any good?

Wii Fit isn't bad. It's not going to get you a 6 pack but it makes light exercise more fun that's for sure.

Brain training is quite good (and keeps your mind quick), and mariokart is very good, you get to race people from all over the world, lots of fun

Mrs HMS
25-01-2009, 07:40 PM
I like the Wii-fit. The Hula Hoops are hysterical....especially when played with a very g a y bloke who keeps yelling out in his oh-so-camp voice "no darl...swivell don't thrust"

I think it would be perfect for after having a baby, to begin to get back in shape without having to leave the house and drag the baby along with you.

Timmy wants Guitar Hero next...just can't seem to find anyone who has it in stock at the moment.

haireyscarie
28-01-2009, 05:38 PM
we have 2, ps2.. 1 ps3.
4 computers
1 for work.
1 for me
(my big game rig .quad core 2 gig ram .2x 8800 GTX videocards..500 gig hard drive..and thens there's all my game for it
BF2 and the add on packs ,BFV,2142,GTA4,SPORE,HL1 & 2,CRYSIS,ETQW,EE 1 & 2,,FRONTLINE FUEL OF WAR,AND TOO MANY MORE)
1 in the shed
1 out on lend to my mate
i take up 1/4 of the lounge room LOL :russ:

Bluey
28-01-2009, 06:00 PM
We just have a old style XBox that was chipped with a hard drive. I don't get much of a chance to play it anymore though but get some action in from time to time. I like the shooters like HALO and games like Morrowind.

I played on a Wii on Xmas day at my brother in laws. Must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Loved the golf and the fishing.

abncraig
28-01-2009, 08:42 PM
got the wii and use it every now again when every one is pissed and look to box each other but I think the guitar hero world tour looks good

Bgs
29-01-2009, 10:41 PM
We got the Wii for Christmas and like Mrs HMS my wife and I have a bad case of nintendonitis but it is great fun I love the golf and bowling on wii sports

gjs
31-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Any one got any tech tips how to reduce the lag time on LCD tv so guitar heroes etc can be played on them. I have the sony bravia supposedly one of best ( expensive paper weight in my opinion )
Thx gjs

haireyscarie
31-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Any one got any tech tips how to reduce the lag time on LCD tv so guitar heroes etc can be played on them. I have the sony bravia supposedly one of best ( expensive paper weight in my opinion )
Thx gjs
are you useing a hi def lead for the system you have.or the standard red yellow and white
we do fo the ps3 heaps farster

gjs
01-02-2009, 09:30 AM
aaaaaarh good point was using standard red yellow white also PS3. will get hi def to see if any improvement.
Is your system on que now or still lagging a bit.

Thx gjs

haireyscarie
01-02-2009, 12:51 PM
aaaaaarh good point was using standard red yellow white also PS3. will get hi def to see if any improvement.
Is your system on que now or still lagging a bit.

Thx gjs
dont no i never used the RYW leads..
just the hi def 1's

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
15-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Guitar hero ....ohhhhhh yeahhhh