PDA

View Full Version : Paving weed spray

APS_QLD
13-08-2004, 08:37 AM
I have used a number of products with varing results. Can anyone advise4 on a good spray to keep weeds at bay in pavers?

Brian

Alex Callaghan
13-08-2004, 09:38 AM
Mabey give the area a good spray with round-up or somthing similar and then spread the area with a granular pre-m and sweep the granuals down into the gaps to kill all the seed :i dunno:

Round-up usually works fine for me. Just have to keep on top of it.

What herbicides have you been trying? Any Glysophate based stuff should do the job fine.

APS_QLD
13-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Have used roundup and yes it does work however i was told of a product that you use and get up to 12 mths without weeds.

May have to visit the Co op and see whats available. Not that i like spraying but would like to not keep doing it all the time.

Brian

Rod
13-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Sounds like "Yates" Once a year path weeder.

Suppose to give twelve months. Be careful it sterilizes the soil and can kill plants and grass if it seeps.

Pres Lawn
13-08-2004, 04:30 PM
If you want only a small amount Yates make a product called once a year path weeder, but dont spray it in the garden it will sterilize the siol, good luck.

Rod
13-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Sounds like "Yates" Once a year path weeder.

Suppose to give twelve months. Be careful it sterilizes the soil and can kill plants and grass if it seeps.

From Yates web site:http://www.bigw.com.au/Pages/DEPARTMENTS/DIY/Gardening/Gardening_nov.ASP

Sweep and tidy
Make sure paths and driveways are swept and are weed free. Yates Once-A-Year Path Weeder comes in a ready to use formulation that can be squirted onto the weeds. After a couple of weeks the weeds will be gone and they’ll keep away for at least twelve months.

Hondy
15-08-2004, 04:00 PM
I use a product called Gesatop 600 sc. It's a residule and reacts with rain and watering. I mix it with roundup for fast knockdown and use it on paths and fencelines for long term effect.

Tony

SBLAWNMOWERMAN
21-03-2006, 02:27 PM
I have used a number of products with varing results. Can anyone advise4 on a good spray to keep weeds at bay in pavers?

Brian
Roundup 20mils a litre that'll do it first whipper snipp pickup then spray

Paul
13-10-2008, 10:00 PM
pressure cleaning the pavers,blasting sand out at the same time and sweep in with a product called "locktight" which has some form of silica in it which locks in the pavers and keeps the weeds out unlike sand.
or just sweep it in over existing paving .

lifestyle
14-10-2008, 05:39 AM
Same old same old... Brush a hand full of salt over every square meter of paving. Reduce the around the edges that face lawn or garden beds.

bks07
14-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Came across a great weed spray it is called Shirquat $80 for 5ltrs kills weeds overnight sometimes within 20 mins if it is a really hot day doesn't require a wetting agent unless you dilute it more than 200:1 lasts mixed for weeks. But does have its bad sides you need to wear a respirator and it says if you get nose bleeds to stop using it. But i use it every day great value for the price and the customer can see that the job has been done within hours.

lifestyle
14-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Came across a great weed spray it is called Shirquat $80 for 5ltrs kills weeds overnight sometimes within 20 mins if it is a really hot day doesn't require a wetting agent unless you dilute it more than 200:1 lasts mixed for weeks. But does have its bad sides you need to wear a respirator and it says if you get nose bleeds to stop using it. But i use it every day great value for the price and the customer can see that the job has been done within hours.

Perfectly safe you could almost drink it... providing of course you wear a respirator, protective clothing and buy a pre-paid funeral package before initial use... :i dunno:

bks07
14-10-2008, 08:02 PM
whether you use poisons or not everybody will die someday

chaplain
14-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Thats another job i can do with my lawnboy sprayer as soon as i get one . Never thought of that to spray paving .

lifestyle
14-10-2008, 09:37 PM
whether you use poisons or not everybody will die someday

True, but some of us have kids to leave behind... and have a conscience.

Bgs
16-10-2008, 11:12 PM
I am going to give this stuff a go after approaching the bank for a loan lol. http://www.greenharvest.com.au/pestcontrol/weed_prod.html

I am getting a few request for natural weed killers and have been using vinegar and salt, one property I do I take 8 liters of vinegar with me and have been looking for something that i can dilute with water and this looks ok anyone used it

Paul
17-10-2008, 12:15 AM
nope.looks good though!!.Do some of your clients prefer natural only ?

lifestyle
17-10-2008, 06:17 AM
I am going to give this stuff a go after approaching the bank for a loan lol. http://www.greenharvest.com.au/pestcontrol/weed_prod.html

I am getting a few request for natural weed killers and have been using vinegar and salt, one property I do I take 8 liters of vinegar with me and have been looking for something that i can dilute with water and this looks ok anyone used it

From what i've heard its a lot safer than other stuff on the market. It is a skin and eye irritant, but then again, so is vinegar. I've been considering trialing it. Would be interested in hearing feedback from others who have used it.

Bgs
17-10-2008, 06:17 AM
Hi Paul most of my clients with kids or dogs don't like Glypho and I work on a few permacultre properties that don't allow glypho ect , on the other hand some people couldn't care less and want the nastiest stuff available ,

And I do worry about using glypho for myself and the environment every now and then so It would be great to have one product that pleases all. I will just have to see how effective it is

m287j
17-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Sounds like an interesting product but very expensive when you look at the mixture rate of 70ml to 1 litre for perennial weeds.

haireyscarie
17-10-2008, 08:26 PM
try this
http://www.scottsasiapacific.com/landscaping/html/sierraron.htm
it will save you a heap of time works great.
600g of it will cover a area of 100m/2
25 kg pack covers 4200m/2
for about 600 bucks for the 25 kg
very good product
classified non-hazardous

chaplain
14-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks Hairy GOOD TIP