PDA

View Full Version : when to cut

sharon
15-08-2004, 10:51 AM
what to do? lock them into a cut every 2 weeks or should a say something like i will check the grass and cut when i think it is nedeed, to keep it the length they want? :wave-hi: sharon

Stuie
15-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Sharon
I always think it depends on what the customer wants and how the weather and season is affecting the growth rate of the lawn.We have lawns that in the high season we mow every week but there are others that need a weekly mowing but it is hard to get the customer to agree to once a month.Some of these that make us come every month their lawn takes so long to cut and perhaps they need a double cut well we let them go saying we are either raisng their per cut price or are unable to service their lawn anymore.
The most respect you can get is if the lawn dosent need doing dont do it, either knock on the door leave a note as previously discussed on another thread or phone them and say i will be back next week/fortnight etc.
People know if their lawns need cutting or if they dont so they can think you are just ripping them off.
You yourself will get to know if it needs a cut based on the customer and your own knowledge .
Any of this make sense??? seems like a jumble of random thoughts to me!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Stuart :aus-flag:

Pres Lawn
22-08-2004, 03:04 PM
what to do? lock them into a cut every 2 weeks or should a say something like i will check the grass and cut when i think it is nedeed, to keep it the length they want? :wave-hi: sharon
I wouldnt say Ill call back and check how the lawn is growing because you could be driving around for nothing, wasting time and petrol. Ask what the customer wants a good looking lawn or just the average one. Then push the fertiliser do them a good price, buy it in bulk say 200 kg at a time to get discount. Try to fertilise 3 times per year , twice a year the minumim. You will make money selling the fertiliser {always spread it your self} and the lawns will need cuting say every 2-3 weeks .

Fish
24-08-2004, 08:23 PM
I have found that clients respect you more when you are honest. Do the best by them and they will keep you, force them and they can always find someone else.

Topcat
27-08-2004, 09:36 PM
You got it fish

Honesty - will help you sleep