PDA

View Full Version : Real time chat

Rod
16-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Is there any Chance of modifying this forum to accommodate real time chat?

It would be great to communicate in real time, not delayed time!

"Hot-bar" do it and so do many other services.

Rod
21-08-2004, 06:56 AM
Too hard basket?

Rod
21-08-2004, 08:25 AM
If anybody is interested in a live real chat with Lawn mowing Contractors then go to:

http://slingshot.to/qilmc

I only kicked it this morning it is based and located on the Australian MSN site and anybody can hop on. Probably best late afternoon or evenings.

Give it a go!

It runs from your browser so it needs to be Java enabled. If it is not it should simply download the small program for you.

mick
21-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Too hard basket?

hehe looks like it! lol :laughing:

Is a good idea though! Eb? :i dunno:

mojo111
21-08-2004, 07:34 PM
If anybody is interested in a live real chat with Lawn mowing Contractors then go to:

I only kicked it this morning it is based and located on the Australian MSN site and anybody can hop on. Probably best late afternoon or evenings.

Give it a go!

It runs from your browser so it needs to be Java enabled. If it is not it should simply download the small program for you.

Hi Admiral. :wave-hi: gave it a go. I'm hooked up. Did it take you long to set it up. :clap: Heres to happy key board banging :laughing:

mojo111
21-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Ill be at the chat room if anyone wants to yarn :wave-hi:

mojo111
21-08-2004, 11:07 PM

Give it a go!

Its about time you hoped on here to tony???
:wave-hi: ;frosty;

mick
22-08-2004, 12:07 AM
That was fun mojo! The others should get involved I reckon. 2 min download easy stuff! Come on Tony, 2 finger typing is ok, like the rest of us!

Come on you lot! Just do it! (trade make exempt)

mick
22-08-2004, 12:23 AM
Should mention, Stuie was there too! Good blokes the pair of them.

Stuie
22-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Hey thanks Mick . Thats mighty kind of you :wave-hi:

Indyanswer
22-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Admiral u can do anything with money send us some so we can do it :aus-flag:
This Forum cost us 25000.00 in real time to set up and moniter
:i dunno:

Rod
22-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Your right, I can do anything with money!

I noticed that Lawnsite.com have a similar "chat" facility in AOL linked from a thread.

I wonder how much that cost? I suspect nothing?

Times are tuff if contractors can also talk in real time this could serve to strengthen the forum. Especially should the Forum go off line for any reason through technical or other reasons.

mojo111
22-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks Mick ya drukin bum :laughing: (I had a sore head first thing) :mad: still like the forum. Chat makes it easyer to nut out ideas on a one on one or 2-3-4-----? anyway its another fun thing to do! CHEERS!! :laughing:

Rod
22-08-2004, 04:19 PM
vBulletin Sales: 1-877-326-6444
Toll-Free (US) Mon-Fri 9am-5pm PST
Home Features Purchase Support Community Documentation Members Contact Us

Step 1 of 4 License Options » Service Options » Support Contacts » Payment

vBulletin
Latest Version: 3.0.3
Download now!
Pricing & Ordering

Support Services
Contact Us
Sales Support

FAQ
Documentation
Admin Demo
Community Forums

Product Information
Leased License
Owned License
Installation
Branding Free
Support Contracts

License Agreement
vBulletin Online Order Form - Select Licenses
The first step in the order process is to select the type of license(s) you wish to purchase. We currently offer two types of license: leased and owned. The leased license will allow you to run the software on your server for one year, and then you will need to purchase another license. The owned license will allow you to run the software on your server for an unlimited amount of time. For more information, please click on the links in the "Product Information" section on the left hand side of the page.

Please enter the number of license(s) you wish to order in the form below, and click on the Purchase button.

Note: Please do not use free-email accounts such as Hotmail and Yahoo when making your payment. Payments made using these email domains will not be accepted and will result in your order being rejected.

For more information about vBulletin licenses, you can call our sales team on 1-877-326-6444 (toll-free US only) or email sales@vbulletin.com

By purchasing this software, you agree to adhere to the license agreement.

Foreign Language Versions
If you would like to purchase the German version of vBulletin and receive German support, please visit vBulletin-Germany.com.

vBulletin Order Form
Are you an existing vBulletin customer? If so, click here to view products and services.
vBulletin Leased LicenseQuantity
Cost Options:
1+ : $85 each3+ : $79 each6+ : $73 each11+ : $67 each25+ : $62 each50+ : $56 each
Delivery Method: Web Delivery
vBulletin Owned LicenseQuantity
Cost Options:
1+ : $160 each3+ : $148 each6+ : $136 each11+ : $124 each25+ : $114 each50+ : $106 each Delivery Method: Web Delivery

Step 2
Optional Services - On the next page, you will be able to select any optional services and/or consultation from the Jelsoft Enterprises Limited team for each license selected.

About Us Site Map Copyright ©2000 - 2004 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. All rights reserved.

Rod
22-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Dean,

I am confused $25,000 for this?

Do you run it from your own server?

I lifted this from their web page sales page.

Indyanswer
23-08-2004, 12:32 AM
Admiral i run a business it takes staff staff cost money this site is listed on all family areas .admiral maybe one day you will have staff and then you will understand they have wages .Admiral there is one thing i dont like and that is people that pretend they are something they are not .

Indyanswer
23-08-2004, 12:51 AM
admiral next time a customer says to u 25.00 it will only take u five minutes what do u mean 25.00 nothing is for free nothing takes 5 min . the only thing i can suggest is you set one up and run it see what it costs then we can do a comparison and you my be able to save me some money

Ebony
23-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Having an external chat is great idea for those who want to have real time chat. The AOL chat facility on lawnsite is external also.

Unfortunately several people here do not know the appropriate place or time for certain things. Everything to do with our website is listed as being family orientated, appropriate for all ages. What is said in live chat cannot be controlled or monitored and to be honest I don't think some of the users know what is appropriate and what isn't. It is impossible for live chat to be incorporated into this site for this reason alone.

Admiral, you of all people should know that it costs to run anything. This is not a charity, it is a business. I would like to see you do a garden tidy up or any job for that matter for free :laughing: - 'cause it isn't costing you anything now is it.

mick
23-08-2004, 09:47 AM
Admiral was just asking you if it was possible. If your not keen on the idea, fair enough, no need to go on about it. Just drop it ok!

Ebony
23-08-2004, 09:51 AM
Pardon Mick?

This is my first response, If I didn't reply people would stone me. Someone asked if something was possible... I replied: no i don't think it is and gave my reason. :i dunno:

Seems I am damned if I do, damned if I don't

Ebony

mick
23-08-2004, 09:52 AM
I wasnt pointing the finger at anyone in particular Eb. Just trying to end the debate is all!

Indyanswer
23-08-2004, 01:31 PM
mick admiral isnt who he says he is :aus-flag:And ADMIRAL knows what i am talkin about

Tonyr
23-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Please pardon me for dropping in guys, as everyone knows I know nothing about chat rooms n stuff, or anything techie for that matter LOL!

I understand what ya say Eb, the family safe issue is important, I agree.

You may of explained and I missed ya point, but can you put a free chat room on your forum that could only be excessed by those approved maybe, like the secret garden kinda?

I mean forum members, not just indy members...just throwing thoughts around to find a happy medium that's all... :)

I'm way outa my debth I know, just trying to help somehow.

I do understand that the forum is a business not a charity etc, and the chatroom is only fun not biz, I get that, just chat rooms are popular, makes the forum more sticky if they log in from the forum...

I don't think the chat room will take business away from the forum, just moniter/control chat members age I guess...maybe it is more complex than that?

just my thoughts anyway.

send that rain anytime it suits too eh! :Rain:

Ebony
23-08-2004, 03:37 PM
:( I am sick as they come today... having a little trouble thinking.

But Hi :wave-hi:

Tonyr
23-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Hi Eb,

sorry to hear that, get well soon eh?

Big arvo on the Bundy Rum will fix you!

Ahhh, you young folk, out partying all weekend, I dunno! ;frosty;

Rod
23-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Dean,

I don't think it matters who I am. I am not the only participant on this forum that is here under an assumed name, am I?

Mick knows who I am as do at least another six or so members.

Identity aside I believe I have made thoughtful, informed and qualified posts. I have contributed to this forum. If you disagree create a post with a Poll the prove it or simply just bounce me?

I have refrained from poor language and inappropriate picture posts.

At the end of the day I am a paid up member of the ILMCA. I enjoy being here and I wish to continue my presence. I have experiences and success's (along with stuff ups) that I am entitled to share.

I simply asked a civil question regarding a live formum. Eb's point about not being able to control the content is correct. Notwithstanding this my post was unanswered for seven days.

I have got a lot from the live chat facility. Answers and comparisons I believe it can supplement the forum and at the same time be not associated.

If you wish to "demonise" me then do so at your own peril.

I plan to continue as a participant. I will change my avatar and identity if that will make things easier or alternatively reactivate the earlier identity?

Your call Dean? You pulled your gun are you going to use it?

Ebony
23-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Yes Yes, Life is great! I wish I was out partying Tony... silly cold, sore throat headache etc.

mick
23-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Yes Yes, Life is great! I wish I was out partying Tony... silly cold, sore throat headache etc.

Sounds like morning sickness to me! :laughing:

Tonyr
23-08-2004, 03:55 PM
don't for get about the Bundy Rum then!

Indyanswer
23-08-2004, 03:58 PM
admiral when you spat the dummy last time for no reason you said you would never return but u did why and why wouldnt you take my phone call why we had done nothing to u what so ever and that must be evident that you are here under a different name u gave us a scathing attack on censorship which we diidnt do .one thing i wont take crap for is being nice doing the right thing and then somebody saying that we did wrong by them
fair dinkum.as though its our fault.

Indyanswer
23-08-2004, 03:59 PM
aqdmiral this forum has nothing to do with paid up memebership

Ebony
23-08-2004, 04:13 PM
I think Not Mick :talk2hand

Admiral, as the webmaster I would be the one to say if it "could be" done. But lucky for me, I am no longer the administrator, which means I don't have to read every post. You don't really like me replying to you which is fine, not a prob in the world, so I generally just don't read your posts. I just simply didn't see it - feel free to send me a PM or email in the future.

Take care all

Ebony

Tonyr
23-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Who is the administrator?

I always thought you were Eb....and here I was thinking I knew everything! That that burst my bubble! :laughing:

Rod
23-08-2004, 05:44 PM
I thought this was a"Forum" apparently it is to be censored.

Thats me out of it!

Its been fun.

See you round the pastures...Guys...

I:

This was my parting comment Dean! As for your phone call, I believe you rang at about 9.00 p.m. that night (my phone was still in car but diverts to a "Live Pager" system. No message apparently and I did not know you rang until I read it in a post days later?

I am not sure where this "chest beating" is going to take us. It is not good for the forum and equally bad for our industry.

I suggest we both move on. Eb as for not replying to my posts yes I had noticed.

Regards,

Rod
Ambassador Home Services.

Rod
23-08-2004, 06:09 PM
I am out of the closet!

What now?

Indyanswer
23-08-2004, 06:22 PM
lol bout time ;)

Indyanswer
23-08-2004, 09:19 PM
the admin is some one that is nuetral totally nuetral :Rain:

dvmcmrhp52
24-08-2004, 08:40 AM
This is all pretty juvenile................

That's too bad.

Ebony
24-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Welcome Back Rod :)

How you doing DVM?

administrator
24-08-2004, 10:09 AM
"Rod" your usernames have been merged as discussed privately.

To save any confusion to yourself or other members of this forum the details of the merge are listed below.

Merge allows you to join two user accounts into one single account. The source account will be combined into the destination account.

Posts, threads, calendar events, private messages, post count, reputation, buddylist and ignorelist will be combined.

dvmcmrhp52
24-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Welcome Back Rod :)

How you doing DVM?

I'm doing quite well Ebony............You?

Tonyr
24-08-2004, 10:46 AM
G'Day Dave: O he who secretly loves Toros! How are ya mate!??

Would you like me to post a ***y pic of a Toro grass tamer for ya? LOL!

G'Day Eb....how is the world treatin' ya today?

That rain still hasn't arrived yet...you forget to send it?

Sigh...

gotta go back out and do a rain dance! :russ:

Ebony
24-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Great to hear it DVM. Hi Tony :wave-hi:

Slightly under the weather today, but after consuming every vitamin and mineral and more water then you would ever know I think I am on the other side of this cold. Still got the symptoms, but am able to concentrate and have more energy today which is brilliant.

It's a great day

Ebony

dvmcmrhp52
24-08-2004, 11:30 AM
Howdy Tony,
Toro grass tamer???????
You mean Toro turf tearing, blade bludgeoning, grass groping,
screaming scraper of a bruised bomb don't ya?
HaHa................

We've got a week coming without any rain in the forecast..........
finally.............

It works both ways,too much rain or not enough...........Just like them dang farmers..........always complaining about too much or not enough...............LOL!

Hope ya feel better Miss Eb.

Tonyr
24-08-2004, 11:32 AM
Glad you are on the mend, nothing like a serious cold to knock ya on ya bum, reckon I'm still getting over mine from a couple of weeks ago. damn things seem to be getting stronger and stronger each year, and harder to get over...

admit it...wasn't vitamins...it was rum, right? LOL!

Tonyr
24-08-2004, 11:37 AM
ahhh, Davey, Davey, Davey....

Re" Toro grass tamer???????
You mean Toro turf tearing, blade bludgeoning, grass groping,
screaming scraper of a bruised bomb don't ya?
HaHa................"

===

LOL, mate, actually, I think you are on the money...that describes my world great!

Ahhh, you are a worry....SEND BLOODY RAIN PLEASE NOW! :Rain:

dvmcmrhp52
24-08-2004, 11:42 AM
ahhh, Davey, Davey, Davey....

ahhh, you are a worry....SEND BLOODY RAIN PLEASE NOW! :Rain:

Mate If I could send it over your way Id put ya right at the top of the list..............

Got to get some things done other than jawing..............LOL!

Catch ya again soon........