PDA

View Full Version : Bushranger Mowers

Des
17-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone,
I have been doing research for a few weeks now and appreciate the input i have seen on this forum from it`s members.
My question is are the Bushranger mowers the way to go?there seems to be quite positive comments when they were mentioned.
I have left the world of realestate and have decided to go into mowing etc.in my area,utilising what i have learnt in the marketing dept :-)
I am based in Perth ,and my knowledge of the area is pretty good now ,having lived here for about 3 yrs(ex Townsville NQ)
Any help in regards machinery brands and models would be much appreciated.
I`m from an engineering background so quality and maintenance isues are obviously important to me .

Regards Des

haireyscarie
17-02-2009, 12:59 PM
hi des
and welcome mate

greasemonkey
17-02-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm a mechanic in a mower shop and I work on every brand out there. Don't buy cheap chinese stuff that you can't get parts for. I own a bushranger mower myself and it has been great! Personally I'm a big fan of Shindaiwa gear.

geoff
17-02-2009, 09:58 PM
des, mate just look around thers more than just honda, people rave about honda especially those who sell them and dont get me wrong they are a good mower but there is also other good mowers , like bushrangers with the kawaski motor and proscape have one too , and greasemonkey is right shidawiwa are the best.....

63impala
18-02-2009, 09:12 AM
No way I would have to say my stihl fs 85 will out last shindaiwa.

geoff
18-02-2009, 11:50 AM
bit like footy teams mate lol all to our own experiences i guess

63impala
18-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Yah thats true.

greasemonkey
20-02-2009, 07:00 AM
FS85 aren't a bad machine. I'm just not a fan of the carbies stihl are using these days. I can't stand the 'plastic stihls', The little FS55's and the like are basically ryobis...........complete buckets...I can't believe stihl put their name on it :P

DavidS
20-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi all,

Is anyone using a Proscape 21" cut variable speed with a Kawasaki motor. I have done a lot of research too and have come down to a Bushranger or a Proscape. I can get a Proscape for 1299 and a Bushranger for 1198, only difference is the Bushranger does not mulch and has a oil filter, while the Proscape mulches but has no oil filter. Which do you think would be better and why?
Thanks

Des
21-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Hi David,
Stumbled onto a pro-scape yesterday.....very impressed ,has options of 4 motor brands Honda,Kawasaki,B&S and Kohler.
Prices are good too.....20" steel deck and Kawasaki 6HP is probably my choice .
Selection of commercial rotary mowers over here in WA is limited ...my opinion :-)
Bush ranger are impressive ....but very few over here .
I have just joined and starting up business.....doing homework ,got my Fastrak pack from Dean,organising it all hopefully be off the ground soon,and looking forward my new career direction :-)

Really appreciate the feedback on this forum ....thankyou everyone

Des

geoff
21-02-2009, 08:06 PM
des mate the proscape with the kawaski engine so i am advised is the best...with using the kawaski motors on the bushrangers i cant say if i were to buy a proscape ( i will when the rangers die ) i will get the one with the kawaski...they are so strong in heavy going much superior than the honda...... and made in the USA the motor is ""

DavidS
23-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had problems with a belt driven gearbox. Mainly with belt slippage and wear. Proscape has variable speed drive with speed controlled by moving a wheel in closer to drive while the Bushranger has a 3 speed gearbox with belt drive.
I tend to think that the 3spd box with belt drive would be better than the variable speed. :i dunno:

Countrymile
23-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi,
Just looking on Ebay and spotted the Proscape, I hadn't heard of it before reading the thread today. So do you think these are good mowers, has anyone owned one? The self propelled seems to be a good price........

Cheers
Shannon

ian
23-02-2009, 06:22 PM
don't personally know what there like but there being done by lee archer and co who used to be the shindaiwa dist. for the southern states also also can't remember if it was on here or anther site one of he members had one and seemed to think they where good

mowmark
30-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi new member
I love this business and the caracters you meet!

I have been using a toro self propelled, crap mower shoot to small and the propelled system with belt is not much chop. :mad:
I would go for a steel deck over alloy less chance of cracks
20" self propelled Shaft or chain driven. Dont like belts.
Honda motors are good but a decent B & S is a good motor
Kawasaki seam the best at the moment