PDA

View Full Version : alegro cooling vests

mowerman
18-02-2009, 10:35 PM
has anyone had any experience with these vests? how do they handle the dirt, etc. do you get saturated from having to wet them before putting them on? any replies welcome

glassngrass
18-02-2009, 10:41 PM
I like the vests.
1. Yes, they can get you saturated at first. If they can sit for 10 minutes before putting on, that seems to help.
2. After months of wear they can get rather smelly - I haven't worked out how to wash them yet as you can't use just any old soap or detergent.
3. They can be a bit heavy.
4. On hot days I am much more comfortable despite the weight and smell!
5. I have found the alegro neck ties fantastic. Suggest you try these first.

Murray
19-02-2009, 11:45 AM
5. I have found the alegro neck ties fantastic. Suggest you try these first.

I use a small bar towel around my neck on really hot or humid days and it makes things a lot more comfortable.

Mrs HMS
19-02-2009, 07:53 PM
If you know someone handy with a sewing machine you can do what I did...make your own cooling neckties. It's a tube of fabric and fill it with the water saving crystals you get from Bunnings - big ones not fine ones as they are a PITA and fall out the seams. You just soak in water for 5 minutes and off you got. Can be re-used again and again.

Used a wooden bead as a slider to hold it all together at the front.

geejay
19-02-2009, 09:14 PM
used my alegro vest i recently got from dean for the first time today from 12pm, when the heat started to get to me, until 4pm.the site was almost windless and hot,a mulching job,the vest certainly made a differance and i felt good at the end of 7hrs.i have it on the washing line on a hanger,wind drying,maybe this could help it stop smelling. :i dunno: :)

cheers

tree beard
19-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Hey Geejay

What are the chances of a pic

I know its a bit of an ask, but the ones you see on the web are a bit one dimensional.

I am curious about the vests but am a see it touch it buy it kinda guy and am not satisfied with the buy on the net routine. Just dont want to buy rubbish that all.....shed full of that stuff already :i dunno:

geejay
20-02-2009, 05:43 AM
first thing i bought on the web,but then with dean he's like family now so i could even get enough courage to buy something else :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

heres a pic taken with a flash 5.30 this am,started to dry on the top of the vest overnight,an extra dimension ;)

Murray
20-02-2009, 05:32 PM
If you know someone handy with a sewing machine you can do what I did...make your own cooling neckties. It's a tube of fabric and fill it with the water saving crystals you get from Bunnings - big ones not fine ones as they are a PITA and fall out the seams. You just soak in water for 5 minutes and off you got. Can be re-used again and again.

Used a wooden bead as a slider to hold it all together at the front.

There you go! A little side line business!

Don't forget all those wombats out running along the footpath. Or, those wombats riding bikes. Or, those... you get the drift.

I'll have one!

geejay
21-02-2009, 06:29 AM
a little tip,if you do mind a wet b*m wear togs as when you put the vest on it will drip downwards and soak you. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tree beard
21-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks Geejay

Like the pic, dont like the idea of wet dirps and possible chafing tho!

yes, yes I know, no pleasing some people.

Maybee a scarf thingy to get it started.

geejay
21-02-2009, 10:11 PM
yep,one gets pretty wet below the waist,iam ok with it,but it would not be everyones cup of tea,thats for sure,next time i will wear togs.

geejay
28-02-2009, 08:15 AM
came to put my vest on yesterday,opened it up pulling the studs and two pulled apart :i dunno: made in china :i dunno: maybe need a diffrent design in front to replace studs,like velcro straps.sent it back to Dean.

administrator
28-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Geejay if you read the label they are made in Canada.

Hustler
28-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Yeah Geejay put your glasses on Be A man Not a mouse We dont need vests if your an aussie you should be tough enough to go with out one ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty;

administrator
28-02-2009, 08:48 AM
I just spoke to Dean and its the first he has heard about the problem through the forum .

He said if you want it covered under warranty you have to pay for the vest first .....it then can be replaced .

geejay
28-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Yeah Geejay put your glasses on Be A man Not a mouse We dont need vests if your an aussie you should be tough enough to go with out one ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty;

iam not aussie :p :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

geejay
28-02-2009, 09:37 AM
I just spoke to Dean and its the first he has heard about the problem through the forum .

He said if you want it covered under warranty you have to pay for the vest first .....it then can be replaced .

posted it back yesterday,maybe leave it at that then,do not like the idea of studs coming out,to much hassle for wet togs

administrator
28-02-2009, 09:50 AM
We know your not an Aussie i think you have made that very clear .

;)

Hustler
28-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Thats not the way to support indy geejay no wonder every one hangs poo on you ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty;

geejay
28-02-2009, 11:52 AM
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :p

Hustler
28-02-2009, 12:23 PM
It will good to see the back of you geejay go away your what they call a pita ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty;

administrator
28-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Sweating at 34 degrees will give you wet togs and chaffing

THis is what these jackets are designed to stop they take your core temp down .

February 27, 2009: A remarkable story of a man who’s body started shutting down after being exposed to extreme Heat
A brickie.
SEE vidstory called Melting Man

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-au&brand=ninemsn&tab=m164

Hustler
28-02-2009, 05:07 PM
i would try one but i look after myself if its to hot i knock off as i can, Or i do work inside thats the good thing about being multi skilled . I Dont Winge about products on the forum i go strait to the boss and not make him look like a fool as geejay has of himself .;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; . Ie i have never had a problem with any thing that i have brought of dean and thats 5 years so dean dont sell crap it must be the way you treated it geejay .it ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;dealers; ;dealers; ;dealers; ;dealers; ;dealers; ;dealers; :i dunno: :i dunno:

ian
01-03-2009, 12:35 AM
nev maybe you should try reading posts before having a go at people this whole post was someone asking about the vests geejay is the only one who has brought one that has bothered to reply.i also can't see where he say's dean sold him crap, just that he has had problems with the product. p.s i would think if dean had a problem with the comments he could just make them disappear

Hustler
01-03-2009, 08:00 AM
thats what i said in my post yesterday at 507 pm thanks admin for clearing it up :ebony: :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno:

geejay
01-03-2009, 08:33 AM
the vest does the job of lowering the inner body temperture allowing one to work in the heat for longer and with a clear head.this i stated before.i enquired of how to wash and dry it as there was no instructions with garment, or from indy on this forum.from some safety co on the net i got a reply, talk to the people whom you purchased the vest via,that is indy,no advice ,as far au understand has been forthcoming from indy.therefore i cleaned the vest in fresh water and put it on a hanger to wind dry.it dryed very nicely,no smells,came to put it on,opened the studs, two pulled off.sent indy a email via the site,waited a day no reply,put it in a post bag with a note on invoice of what had happened,and if it could be replaced,and i have no problem with paying.posted on the web what had happened,to help others,indy to beware of the studs and look for solutions,i.e velcro straps.the other admins replies got up my nose(as he always does,should no better,but i will learn to ignore him,like i do several others, and contribute to this forum in a transparent open way).all said, i still do not mind paying for a new replacement vest, but will look at a tailor putting velcro straps on the front.

administrator
01-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Seeing i have one if you look on the label on the jacket where it says Made In Canada it will have the size xxl or whatever underneath that it says

To activatesubmerge in cool water 1.2 minutes or until desired consistency
Remove and wring and or blot dry will remain hydrated for a couple of days to rehydrate repeat .
Care Handwash using a non phosphate soap in warm water for 10 seconds wring hang out to dry .

administrator
01-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Geejay Indy Forum site is not a way of communicating with Indy or Dean .
See website www.indmowing.com.au

Their phone number is 1800501662 .
Email info@indmowing.com.au

If you need to find out about anything that you have purchased then talk to the ones you purchased the product from .
In this Case Barters Marketing or ilcoa
The forum is for members to communicate and also non members regarding the industry .

The forum has nothing to do with Membership with ILCOA .

It has been made available by Indy .

geejay
01-03-2009, 09:22 AM
had a look at the allegro cooling products website:

www.allegrosafety.com

click on cooling products.

click standard cooling vest.

this cooling vest has velcro straps.

chaplain
01-03-2009, 09:26 AM
I prefer studs not velcro but thats me .

geejay
01-03-2009, 09:38 AM
I prefer studs not velcro but thats me .

yep i don't really mind,
except when they pull out like mine did,just thought velcro would be an aletrnative,which alegro do have on their web site,

is yours made in cannda? how long have you had it,how do you wash yours?

geejay
03-03-2009, 03:37 PM
have done some quick googles/searches on these allegro cooling vests,the velcro strap design is available in au.

administrator
03-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Heres a better pic