PDA

View Full Version : Deal done a daggy Scag it is!!!

GregG
02-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Well after much research and almost over the line with Toro453 23/52, decision made.

And the winner is a SCag Turf Tiger 25/52 3 year old with 760hours on it including all spares, grease and oil change, new chute (plus old one that I may be able to rig up an OCDC like Qwikchute) and an unused full mulch kit for $7500.

Sorry Tony !!!! Orange will clash with my Red Honda VFR 750, but the deal was too good to miss.

BTW I spoke to on the way to look at buying the Turf Tiger International MOwers in Melbourne who are the importers for Scag. They have a Turf Tiger Demo 27/72 for $14934inc GST or a brand new in a box Tiger Cub 23/52 for $12540inc gst and frieght to Maitland NSW. My local dealer had a Demo Cub 21/48 for $14000. So if you want a new Scag go to Melbourne.

Alex Callaghan
02-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Congrats Greg.

Happy Mowing :wave-hi:

mojo111
02-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Congrats Greg you will be happy with the dag scag there a good unit ,should get plenty of hours out of it. cheers

Tonyr
02-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Congrats from me too Greg!

Wish you all the best in your new business :)

I'm glad you finally found the right machine for the work you intend for it.

Int mowers, they also bring in Iseki and Ferris....I'm shure they will look after you well.

GregG
02-09-2004, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE From another THread on Scags]
If it's a 25hp TT I'd jump at it!!
If its a 23 I'd buy it for $8000 and take it to sydney and sell it for $14,000-$15,000 (mabey more!) and then get what I want!!

Thats very cheap and 400hrs is nothing.

Yeah thanks

When I got there the hours were really 760 hours but it was mainly used by the one Supervisor. He says that he is going to take 2 days compassionate leave as the Scag was his favourite.

The unit is well maintained and carefully used.
Even if I decide that mowing is not for me or if a great other job comes up (I would love to get back into Coach Tours, but not with a young family) , then I have a very fast machine to mow my own 2 acres with. It will be a 1 stubbie job then instead of a 6 stubby job on my old old Ariens 14/42. I will still drink the other 5 stubbies but sitting down admiring the great mow job!!

If things go well in a year or 2 I might then buy a big diesel jobbie or whatever suits my clientel then.

Tonyr
02-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Ha Ha Greg, all this talk of drinking stubbies and ZTR's....you have the makings of a drunken wacka like the rest of us! LOL!

You will find how fast these things are now, least you can do a yard and finish without the beer getting hot and flat!

Now, go get some digi pics of ya mandarin for us!

Alex Callaghan
02-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Ha Ha Greg, all this talk of drinking stubbies and ZTR's....you have the makings of a drunken wacka like the rest of us! LOL!

Too right mate.

Being a drunks just part of the job description I reckon!!

Ya need to numb ya self as much as posible in a mugs game like mowing!!

Welcome to the drunken Z ridin whacka club Greg!!

Heres to getting sloshed and mowing lawns :russ:

I can fell my mouth drying up with all this drinkin talk!
Whacha reackon................Beer oclock??

Time to wrap a coldie or six round the laughin gear!!!

mick
02-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Ya need to numb ya self as much as posible in a mugs game like mowing!!
Welcome to the drunken Z ridin whacka club Greg!!
Heres to getting sloshed and mowing lawns :russ:

I have never felt so left out! :sad: My time will come! :i dunno:

Congrates on the Scag Greg! Hope it does well for you and dont forget do update us on how its going!

GregG
02-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Matter of fact I am just having my 2nd Coopers Pale Ale its expensive normally $44 per carton but I got it at Dan Murphys for $36 per carton it is an excellent drink but you need to roll it side to side for 20 seconds then stand it on its end another 20 seconds to mix the sediment through. Strange but true, I found it out from South Aussie Barman when I was conducting outback tours in SA. This goes for most Coopers I believe.

But when the price is $44 I normally drink Tooheys Old Stubbies at $33 or cheaper if on special.

GregG
02-09-2004, 06:45 PM
How does beer go in a Camelback ??? U know those things ya put on ya back!!