PDA

View Full Version : Dog attack......

Alex Callaghan
03-09-2004, 09:56 PM
WARNING.............THIS THREAD CONTAINS SOME IMAGES THAT MAY OFFEND SOME VIEWERS, LIKE BLOOD.
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED SO DON'T HAVE A *****

Bit of a warning.

Bout three months ago I was with my dogs down the park and I saw this pitbull just roaming arond with no collar on and it looked like one bad ass mother so I told the dogs to get on the back of the ute. I chained my big whacka dog (Tank) up to the ute and told the little kelpie to stay cause he's obedient.
I wanted to wait for the pitty to move on so I didn't have to go home and come back latter.

The pitty came over to the ute and started getting sharky so I got up onto the ute with the dogs. The pitty was showin teeth and looked generally pissed so my dogs started barking and going off at it (more to as a protective thing towards me than anything I reckon)
So Tanks there and he looks like he's about to break his chain and digger has his head of the side of the tray just going off.

Before I knew it the pitty had jumped up and ripped Digger off the back of the ute by the head and starts ripping him all around the place, side to side etc.

So I start yelling at the dog etc and then digger starts full on crying and ****ing and pissing every where so I strat kicking the f#cking crap out of this pitty as hard as I could just kicking head ribs, stomach, stomping etc and this pitty is lockjawed on to him and dosn't seem to phased in the slightest by the kicking so I start punching it in the head and eyegouging it and it just isn't letting go and I'm a little afraid it's gunna turn on me.(By this stage it been about 3-4 minuets and diggas just given up trying to get loose but he's just kinda laying there screaming/crying whill this f#cken mongrel rips the crap out of him, theres $hit n pi$$ all over the place and I'm knackerd from all the kicking etc) Then this bloke comes flying out of his house with this huge meatal clamp and just starts laying into the mongrel like theres no tomorow............head, ribs...........just smashing the crap out of it and I was like bloody oath mate.........Thats the go!!
Unbloodybeliveable..........The pitty still isn't letting go!!!!
(bout 6 minuets have passed and I'm bloody beside myself having to watch me little mate get mauled and crying whill there nothing really I can do about it)
So I'am like f#ck this **** I'm gunna kill it and I grab its front legs and start to pull them apart and before they crack he lets go and I start kicking the crap out of him and pick him up and throw him off this bridge we were right next to down into a creek.

Look back and diggas up on the Ute completly covered in his own crap and he's lookin pretty f#cked up. His ear is pretty much torn in half amongst other things. :(

Anyway, long story short.................27 stiches latter and a $550 vet bill he's back on his feet.

If ANYTHING like this ever happened to me again I wouldn't hessitate to kill the dog straight up and skip the other rubbish.

I can't imagine what would have happend if he got digga around the neck!!
If it was a little kid the mongrel would have killed him/her for sure!

So becarfull with ya kids and dogs cause moreon people can leagally buy dog breeds that were originally breed for fighting etc and just let em roam.

I can tell ya, it was a full on experiance. I was shaking for about an hour arfter.

I tryed to find out whos dog it was so I could sue for damages and try'nd have the council serve an order to have it put to sleep but I couldn't find out. :dean: :mad:

Took these photos for evidence etc when it happend.

Alex Callaghan
03-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Arfter his surgury he was goooone.............like a he'd just had a 7 day n 7 night pub crawl with the injurys that come with that kind of stint too!!!

He had to have all these tubes hanging out of his head for about 3 weeks. :i dunno:

Poor little bugger. :(

Barry
03-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Those dogs should be band, I know how you feel my dog half the size of yours was attached by one, but we had a bit more luck, I managed to punch the crap out of it before it got a proper hold of my dog. Then when it did break free to go me it took one to many steps back and got hit by a car. I love animals but felt no remorse for the killing machine, and my dog got away with only 6 stitches, and bit sorry for it’s self.

Glad to see you dog survived, I could not think of a worst way to loss a mate.

Alex Callaghan
03-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Those dogs should be band, I know how you feel my dog half the size of yours was attached by one, but we had a bit more luck, I managed to punch the crap out of it before it got a proper hold of my dog. Then when it did break free to go me it took one to many steps back and got hit by a car. I love animals but felt no remorse for the killing machine, and my dog got away with only 6 stitches, and bit sorry for it’s self.

Glad to see you dog survived, I could not think of a worst way to loss a mate.

I agree mate. Any dog that was breed to pit fight is just not on as a "pet" in my books.

Your lucky you got the chance to punch the crap out of it before it locked on Barry! When they lock on it's pretty much game over for anything you can do short of trying to kill it.
Thats good justice the fact that the mongrel that atacked your little dog got hit by a car. Lol at that coment mate :laughing:

Yep, I would have been pretty distrote if the mongrel had have killed my ol mate Digga.

You said those dogs are killing machines and thats exactly right.

I love animals too but as far as those dogs go the only good ones a dead one I reackon!

mick
03-09-2004, 11:27 PM
Sh!t mate, thats a bloody horror story!
On the coast here there banned now. No more breading and there supposed to die out through natural attrition. At one stage I wanted one of those things, before we heard how bad they were that is! Glad I never got one!

I know how it feels to see a dog attack. My mums bloody Rottie (about 55/60kg) got out of its yard and attacked my daughter(about 15kg at the time), right in front of mum, me and some other kids. Luckily it didnt get a real hold of her. It got her by the arm with an upper and lower tooth. It was f#cking unbelievable. Luckily I was there and jumped on the thing and it let go, then it got out of my grasp and chased after her again, knocked her down and I was on him again, he was fit so it was hard to get a hold on him so I just picked up my kid in mid air waiting for a bite to my naggets! Didnt happen fortunately for me and mum was able to get the thing back into the yard. My kid was freaking out understandably and I wasn't any better. She ended up with a puncture wound to the top and bottom of her arm near her arm pit (had stitches they were so deep) and a graze on her azz!

The dog was put down the next day and I helped bury it, with a spit on top!

A couple of weeks ago she went to the park with our neighbor and kids. Shes riding her bike along a path past some guy with dogs on leads. One of them knocks her off the bike and bites her on the azz. Just another graze but bitten, again! The guy tryed to take off but was stopped by an onlooker, got details etc. Its a declared dog now!

Bloody shocking seeing stuff like that especially a pitty, there totally insane things!

I have a dog named Tank as well mate! He's cool as around other dogs and people. Too friendly actually, it embarrassing!

Glad diggas ok now mate!

Tonyr
03-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Wow Alex, I am very sorry to hear this.

I too love pets, I have a fully trained german sheppard, never own a dog that wasn't fully obient and trained....you gotta be able to control big dogs. He is just a big pet though...

These other friggin' stupid fighting dogs should be banned, you can often match dogs and their owners up...ever noticed....fight dogs are owned by those wanting notice taken of em, a statement...
and the plain sick ass prick who owns em for fighting.
Many useless sick doley's own em, to look tough or something.

problem is this whole beed of terriers are bred for fighting....some are great passive dogs when owned by sensable loving owners.

To see ya mate get ripped up like that must of ripped you so much, you done well mate, bloody good on ya.

I carry a machetti type thing in the back of the cruiser, good in case i need it for a road rager or something, and good for any prick dog, I would slice the mut up without a second thought.

What if it was ya kid....after i got the dog, i 'd hunt the moronic owners....

we just don't need this ****!

I love dogs....I hate mean ones though.

mick
03-09-2004, 11:41 PM
What if it was ya kid.....

That was kind of my long winded point that I never really made! :i dunno: Got carried away!
I'm glad it wasnt a pitty that got my kid though! She would of been ripped to shreds! The Rotty was a big slowish lumbering thing. Pitties are fast and flighty/agile killing machines!

Keep an eye out for the thing hey and get council involved if you can find it! Should tell the council anyway so they can look out for it as well!
Could be a kid next time!

Tonyr
03-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Your cool Mick, made your point well.

Our posts are overlapping...

I bet you had the fear of hell in you with that rotty mate, I'll never understand what makes a sound dog snap like that...jealousy?

Least that dog won'thave another go....but that bastard at the park, hope he bites his moronic owner, see how he likes it!

Alex Callaghan
04-09-2004, 12:00 AM
Glad to hear ya daughters Ok Mick!!

I was a bit of horrer story mate.
As I said I was shaking for about an hour arfter and pretty upset.

Pittys are bad news mate. Glad to hear they've been banned up there.

If byron shire council wern't such a bunch of whacka hippys It might be possible here too but not with the greens in council!!
At least you QLDers know how to do somthing right.. hehehaaa

My Tanks a champ to mate.
He's thick as $hit but a really nice affectionate dog all the same.
He's so bloody vague somthimes I just call the whacka Plank!

Tony.................Too right we don't need this **** mate!!

I was trying to enjoy exercising the dogs with a tennis ball and having a beer in the local park and next thing I know the $hits hit the fan.

I know what you mean about owners Tony and I toatally agree mate!
Sometimes i think some dogs are just pretty bloody awfull regaudless of owners though.
Kinda like people and their parents I spose.

The most satisfiying thing out of the whole ordeal was chucking the pitty off the bridge arfter it let go!!
bout a 10m drop into really shalow creek.
Bloody get that up ya, ya mongrel!!!

Heres a pic of the digga in better shape. Me ol mate Tanks there too.
What a pair of whackas!!

mick
04-09-2004, 12:15 AM
Cheers mate!
And Alex, I'm not trying to take away from what happened to Digga! Just another dog attack story that I thought relevant!

I was freaking out! The kid was a trooper though. She got over the bite and then had to have the needles to have the stitches. My misses almost spewed and almost passed out! That made my kid laugh which was good. No tears through the needles. Proud dad me!

I didn't see the second one but thats what my neighbor told me, plus the council guys once they interviewed everyone. I'm happy with it being a declared dog, was told it was an older blue heeler and owned buy an old couple. The guy was there son taking it for a walk. No excuses though but its locked away and has to be mussled when out now!

That Rotty.... My parents used to breed them! He was the stud dog that was almost always locked away in either a kennel or out in a huge dog run. Problem is that it wasn't socialized at all! Just locked away etc. Never taken to the park or the beach to meet other people and dogs other than dog shows and even then it would be in a cage. I think it just "Cracked" and went mad! I've heard of it before and, well thats what I think happened! Makes sense to me! Too be honest, I dont really blame the dog most, I blame my parents!
I could go on about it but I'm getting angry just thinking about it!

Tonyr
04-09-2004, 12:16 AM
Ahhhh, no that's a nice pic Alex!

Tank looks like he's gunna get up and give you one, funny expression...lol.

Yeah....pets, gotta love em.

I don't love everyones pets though, some buggers bite!

Have you seen that thing Ebony calls a dog?
hmmmmm, interesting LOL!

Wander if she will let me get away with that LOL!

Hi Eb!

mick
04-09-2004, 12:22 AM
Whats the go with the party hats mate! Only in NSW would a dog wear pretty paper party hat! Bloody hippie dogs! heeeee

Yeah, the kid came out of it ok but still has the scares! Didnt put her of dogs either, I think I'm more frightened of the things now, just cant tell what the buggers are going to do! :i dunno:

Alex Callaghan
04-09-2004, 12:36 AM
Mick, I didn't think you were trying to take away from what happened to Digga mate.
Hey, this thread is about dog attacks!!

Tough kid mate. A proud moment!

Shes/you and the mrs are lucky It wasn't worse.

The mrs spewing thing gets em laughin every time mate :i dunno: :laughing:

Blame my girl friend for the party hats! It was her idea (shes originally from VIC so I think that says it all :laughing: ) It was Crissy when that photo was taken and we were pretty pi$$ed.

Just arfter that Photo was taken Tank did a dump in the loung room :i dunno:
He'd been drinkin bundy though so he had a good excuse. I'm seriose...........That dog will gladly lap up some Bundy and cola from his bowl!!
My mates couldn't get enough of it and just kept topping him up and ROTFL when he drank it.
Poor ol Tank was fellin pretty sad and sorry for him self the next day!!
Aghhh............all good memorys that would be the same with out animals.

You do gota love em.

Dunno what I'd do with out my two wallys!!

mick
04-09-2004, 12:43 AM
Just arfter that Photo was taken Tank did a dump in the loung room :i dunno:
He'd been drinkin bundy though so he had a good excuse. I'm seriose...........That dog will gladly lap up some Bundy and cola from his bowl!!
My mates couldn't get enough of it and just kept topping him up and ROTFL when he drank it.
Poor ol Tank was fellin pretty sad and sorry for him self the next day!!
Aghhh............all good memorys that would be the same with out animals.

You do gota love em.

Dunno what I'd do with out my two wallys!!

Now thats funny! lol hehe He just couldnt make it out side! Been there done that, not poo but spew. Like most of us I say! heheh

Barry
04-09-2004, 12:44 AM
Well this is my killer and after seeing the pic's of Digga, I would hate to think what would have happened to my killer if the bastard locked on.

Anyone call my dog a poof I will take to your blades with a grinder. lol

mick
04-09-2004, 12:58 AM
Well this is my killer and after seeing the pic's of Digga, I would hate to think what would have happened to my killer if the bastard locked on.

Mate! Your just asking for it putting "things" like that up here! hehe

now this is a real dog! Over friendly maybe, but a REAL dog! hehe

Alex Callaghan
04-09-2004, 12:59 AM

Nice lookin little Dog Barry.

Where do you take the batterys out? ;) (Jokin :) )

A little fella like that really wouldn't have had a chance.
Glad it was Digga in a way and not someones really little dog.

Killer indeed mate :laughing:

Yeh Mick..............I've almost droped a brown log in the lounge room before when I was wasted so I can't blame Tank. :laughing:

Barry
04-09-2004, 01:18 AM
Take the batteries out, very funny. LMFAO :laughing:

odin
05-09-2004, 03:28 PM
sorry to hear about your dog alex ..is gonna make a full recovery?
What should be banned is a lot of breeders and owner's.

Not all cases but i bet 90% of incident's can be layed either or on bad breeders or owner's.

They breed them like rabbit reguardless of what they turn out ..it's a shame to .

Breeds like the rottie and pit get the rep they do from asembly line breeding.

Alex Callaghan
05-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Jack..........Thanks Mate.

He's ok now.

Back to his normal self.

Scare on his ear but appart from that you wouldn't even know it ever happened.

He was lucky I reackon.

If the pitty had have got him around the neck it would have been a different story!

It is a shame that they have a rep but I reckon it's just the breed.
As you said the owners and breeders are a big factor too.

sharon
06-09-2004, 02:54 PM
:sad: :sad: Alex that was something no dog should have to go through, dogs become part of the family. I am glad to heat that the dog is doing ok now. Sometimes it's not the dogs , it's the ####ing owners who should be banned from having a so called pet like that.
You have to wonder about people who will take the chance with a known killing dog. I have a dog Homer boarde collie x german short haired pointer and i would walk over hot coals if he was in pain. Sharon

Alex Callaghan
06-09-2004, 03:06 PM
:sad: :sad: Alex that was something no dog should have to go through, dogs become part of the family. I am glad to heat that the dog is doing ok now. Sometimes it's not the dogs , it's the ####ing owners who should be banned from having a so called pet like that.
You have to wonder about people who will take the chance with a known killing dog. I have a dog Homer boarde collie x german short haired pointer and i would walk over hot coals if he was in pain. Sharon

Thanks Shazza,

Your dead set right about them becoming part of the famialy.
Diggas me best mate!

I reackon everybody that owns a like that should be tested to see if they are fit to own and keep an animal like that under control and well looked arfter.
either that or just ban these kinda breeds altogheter!

At the end of the day I'm just glad It wasn't worse.

Cheers.

QLD turfcare
04-10-2004, 10:27 PM
My dog says to cheer up...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/yamaha.dude/other/HQ1.jpg

she is e-mailing some bones now...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/yamaha.dude/other/gsdatdesk.jpg

:laughing:

Thanks for sharing the story, I had something similar happen many years ago... Not to be gruesome or anything, but if you want to stop a dog cold, you won't normally defeat it with pure muscle power, for it to let go, and stop any attacks, you need to cause it severe pain or break a bone or a rib or three - you need to get it's front legs apart, either from the belly side, or preferably, from behind, so you would grab it's legs, pull them out sideways, and for a bigger dog, sit on it's back... or put your weight on your knee on it's neck... You can also dislocate it's hips in such a manner, but it has more chance of swinging around and biting you... :mad:

How you deal with the owner after that is your call... :boxer:

David

Alex Callaghan
04-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Haaaa

Nice lookin dog there David!

Can't go wrong with the Shepards. Got a few mates with Shepards and they are quality dogs.

Digga says G'day to your girl but he wasn't trained well enough to use the computer unfortunatly :laughing:

This is about the extent of his skills unless ya have a tennis ball!! :)