PDA

View Full Version : Petrol Prices

great_outdoors
08-09-2004, 04:52 PM
How does everyone find petrol prices at the moment. I am in NSW and curently paying anywhere from $1.05 - $1.10 a litre.

I remember when i started that petrol was areound 90 cents a litre.

Just wondering what prices are like in other states? :Rain:

sharon
08-09-2004, 05:30 PM
St Leonards vic today was 98 has been up to 105 :wave-hi: sharon

Pain in the Grass
08-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Hey Sharon good point....Can't seem to get gas much under a dollar these days which lkeads me to the next point.....I reckon our price per cut should go up to match the increase in petrol prices....I'm sure customers would understand if the average prive per cut was raised say $2.00 or so to cover fuel rises. What do the rest of you guys (and girls) think????? :i dunno:

Viceroy
08-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Paid 89.9 cents per litre tonight on the Northside of Brisbane.Filled up Car , 20 litre Jerry Can and the 5 litre one I take daily.
Last week I got it for 85.5 cpl.
Which looks about right seeing the QLD Government puts in 7 cent per Litre to the fuel companys.
Thanks Pete.

Topcat
08-09-2004, 07:40 PM
97 cents up in the northern suburbs,melbourne.

Good bit of rain lately, I'm just jack of it during the day - can some one help it rain only during the night, the grass bags r heavy....... :Rain:

:laughing: :laughing:

bradtez
08-09-2004, 08:35 PM
$1.10 here in Canberra today..had to put 70 litres in Navara..20 litres in the dingo and fill the 20 litre jerrycan :sad:

Need to invent vehicles that run on grass clippings :russ:

Brad

sharon
08-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Hey Sharon good point....Can't seem to get gas much under a dollar these days which lkeads me to the next point.....I reckon our price per cut should go up to match the increase in petrol prices....I'm sure customers would understand if the average prive per cut was raised say $2.00 or so to cover fuel rises. What do the rest of you guys (and girls) think????? :i dunno: I think it should be done every other industry puts up prices why shouldn't we, we offer a service that gives the people time to do other things and i think $2.00 more is a small price to pay.If it keeps going up we forget that when we started it was not the same price as it is now, and a few cents over the years could be a holiday :) sharon

Steve Ladlow
08-09-2004, 09:14 PM
:abcfra:
Paid 89.9 cents per litre tonight on the Northside of Brisbane.Filled up Car , 20 litre Jerry Can and the 5 litre one I take daily.
Last week I got it for 85.5 cpl.
Which looks about right seeing the QLD Government puts in 7 cent per Litre to the fuel companys.
Thanks Pete.
What part of the Nth side are you on

Topcat
08-09-2004, 10:15 PM
I'm having trouble fitting a gas tank to my honda :laughing:

mojo111
08-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Price increase yep!! allready done that about 6 weeks ago. put it up $3 bucks to cover it plus a tiny profit. New customers don't question it, average town lawn $30/35 bucks now! Most people just accept it. Only pensioners have a moan about it. ;frosty;

Rod
09-09-2004, 07:09 AM
95.9 in Townsville as of 8th September. Diesel is dear at over a $1.

Viceroy
09-09-2004, 08:30 AM
:abcfra:
What part of the Nth side are you on

I'am at Albany Creek Steve.

mick
09-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Heard on the News last night, the CEO or what ever of OPEC said, prices will fall at the end of the year! :rolleyes: We'll see! He said that after the American and Iraq elections, prices will fall to about $35/barrel. There around $50 now!

Why the hell cant we use our own oil and drop these OPEC cartelles. There like drug dealers and we're all the addicts! We should just use home grown! :russ:

One of my old customers worked for an oil company and he said our oil is too good a quality you use as fuel.

APS_QLD
09-09-2004, 03:38 PM
I don't beleive its worth it to do any lawn under $30.00. I picked up a lawn just around the corner from me and the last person (franchise) was charging $45.00 no edging or blowing. It was a cut and run job and from what the owner told me he had been doing this for over a year and they beleived this was normal. In fact they did say he would do the edges and that was $10.00 and blowing was $5.00 extra. :i dunno:

The lawn is no biggie and i said i'd do it for $45 with the lot. The owner was very happy ......... and so was I. :)

I will be trying to get all new customers at $35.00 will see how i go.

Brian

great_outdoors
09-09-2004, 04:30 PM
I don't beleive its worth it to do any lawn under $30.00. I picked up a lawn just around the corner from me and the last person (franchise) was charging $45.00 no edging or blowing. It was a cut and run job and from what the owner told me he had been doing this for over a year and they beleived this was normal. In fact they did say he would do the edges and that was $10.00 and blowing was $5.00 extra. :i dunno:

The lawn is no biggie and i said i'd do it for $45 with the lot. The owner was very happy ......... and so was I. :)

I will be trying to get all new customers at $35.00 will see how i go.

Brian

I have a minimum charge of $40.00 per cut and seem to get that regularly with very little complaints. I have a lot of industrial properties and a lot of those are up around the $80 - $100 mark. I don't seem to have a lot of complaints at those prices either.

matthew pitman
09-09-2004, 06:38 PM
filled the truck and the fuel drums today petrol and diesel was over $1.10, but hey that still alot cheaper then my weekend car that
runs on c16,
as for the cheapest cut mine starts out at 16.50 for a small b/yard in a unit block to 375 for the units , if i was to say to the average domestic client 44 dollars they would freak but hey i dont know
their to many cheap bastards out here cutting their throat to get work heaps of guy
advertise in the local rag lawn mowed for $20 or the first cut free
i dont know how the do it and i dont really care , i might even pay them to do my yards for $20 and when they see the truck and trailer and say why dont you do them yourself i can say i am to busy fixing your butcher jobs your done/

APS_QLD
09-09-2004, 08:15 PM
LOL yeah i know what you mean there are a couple of them in our local rag. Advertise 3rd mow free or $5.00 off all jobs.

Majority of mine are all residential have not really pushed to increase although i have had a few drop off of late all of these are properties i looked after while they were on the market, now all have sold.

I have a foot in the door for 60 properties from a real estate agent and they know my price hopefully i will secure that. I would like all my clients to be $40, i feel majority of lawn guys are around my prices but there are heaps mowing for $20 or as i found in the loacl shopping centre someone advertising Lawns $10.00 NOT EVEN "from" $10.00 and the tear off strips where all gone. I would not be bothered getting out of bed to mow a lawn for $10.00. Good luck to them I will get them in the end :)

To bad if i don't.

Brian

Steve Ladlow
09-09-2004, 09:53 PM
45 bucks & no edges or blowing

That brings the ethical question on how do you advertise & state that franchises are ripping of customers?!
YEs $35 is my min (res) & includes mow edge blow including areas that do really need it (something for nicks)
But 45 with no edges or blow is just plain rude
Some will say "provide great service" yes true but the price is what seals the deal to state and the great service follows so how do you pitch without bagging franchises?
Any one?

APS_QLD
10-09-2004, 11:53 AM
Yes i could not beleive it either, :i dunno: all i know is the customer is rapped in what i'm doing and I have got more work out of it. A bit of service is all that is required. Wish i knew where all his other work was LOL.

Brian