PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke in 4 stroke

bb1
27-03-2009, 07:15 AM
Was chatting to my service guy when I dropped the Honda 4 stroke whipper off for service, and we got onto the subject of having to carry, straight fuel and 2 stroke fuel. He said that there is no problem with running 2 stroke in 4 stroke gear, it will just foul the spark plug a little quicker, but otherwise it will be ok. Naturally will cost slightly more as well. But having once killed a 2 stroke machine, by forgetting the oil, i am just wondering if this is a viable option.

Your views please

Bgs
27-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Was chatting to my service guy when I dropped the Honda 4 stroke whipper off for service, and we got onto the subject of having to carry, straight fuel and 2 stroke fuel. He said that there is no problem with running 2 stroke in 4 stroke gear, it will just foul the spark plug a little quicker, but otherwise it will be ok. Naturally will cost slightly more as well. But having once killed a 2 stroke machine, by forgetting the oil, i am just wondering if this is a viable option.

Your views please

There is a thread on hear somewhere that said if you ever run out of 4 stroke its ok two use 2 stroke I have done this quite a few times with out issue , not sure about using it all the time though but if your prone to forgetting to put oil in your 2 stroke can its probably a viable option

glassngrass
27-03-2009, 07:38 AM
With the lo-smoke 2-stroke oil I use I find it hard to tell whether the oil is in the fuel or not. To avoid doubt I ALWAYS add oil to container at time, and just before, adding fuel.

25:1 = 40mL/Litre, so for 4Ltr container I add 160mL oil before adding 4 Litres fuel.

greasemonkey
11-04-2009, 07:53 PM
It shouldn't hurt anything using it occasionally. The engines will blow a little smoke, like you said, blow plugs more regularly and you will get bigger carbon deposits inside the engine.