PDA

View Full Version : Mr Rudds $900

BLACK BEAR
29-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Wanting to use Mr Rudds stimulus package to stimulate my business! :p
Can anyone tell me where I can possibly get a good deal for printing services?
Was meant to do all this last spring but health concerns saw me just keeping business going instead of building it.
I am after:
*Signwriting for 3 sides of tray of ute and rear of trailer,
*Business cards prob. 1000
*Flyers prob. 5000
*Fridge magnets prob 500
*Quote/invoice/receipt pads with carbon copy prob 2000
This will be in addition to a website with address on all advertising material.
;dealers; Starting to realsise Mr Rudd didn't give me enough ;dealers;
Any help or ideas for contacts or actual advertising would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks John

tree beard
29-03-2009, 05:38 PM
for my ute and trailer i have used Melbourne signs...google them, service great, turnaround fast, price good = end results excellent!

For all my cards and brochures I use Whirlwind print. they are also tops!

:)

MikeS
29-03-2009, 05:44 PM
I am about to pickup my new garden trailer this week and I need to get some signage done.

Anyone know/guess what sort of a ballpark figure I would be looking at for just the website and phone written on both sides of a garden trailer and the back?

It would be great to hear how much others have paid so I can compare.

Thanks

Bluey
29-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Guys this isn't hard to do your self. Find a company to generate the stickers and put them on yourself. I got quotes on doing this when I first set up. Well over $2000 but did it myself fore less than $300.

If you are good with your hands and have an eye for detail it is a snap. Just gotta trust in yourself. When I first did it I was scared witless I would stuff it up but quickly learned it was easy. And if you do stuff it you just get more stickers made up.

I run two businesses and I have done the application of stickers for all our vehicles. Believe me it is easy once you know how. Sign writing from my vehicles amounts to about 35 % of our business

geejay
29-03-2009, 07:54 PM
belgrave signs,melbourne are reasonable,two large vinyl signs,for sides of trailer,back of trailer sign,10 extras for signage on job, guarenteed, 5 years, includes art and fitting work for under $500.

tip,ensure they use the best quality vinyl for outside use,and guarentee the work.

Islandhead
29-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Sign writing from my vehicles amounts to about 35 % of our business

Impressive bluey, must look onto getting some signage up

deregistered
30-03-2009, 12:44 PM
check out vista print very good to deal with,and alot of their items are free you just pay for the postage. :aus-flag:

Islandhead
30-03-2009, 01:13 PM
check out vista print very good to deal with,and alot of their items are free you just pay for the postage. :aus-flag:

I did have a look at these last week, anyone else had any dealings with them? Good quality of work?

deregistered
30-03-2009, 04:13 PM
i had my cards printed by them and they are great,you can design it all on their website and they post them out.they also do alot of other products such as car door magnets and caps and t shirts.

Bgs
03-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I have used Vista print as well and have been happy with them, the quality of the free stuff is not as good as you would get from your local print shop but the price is right.

If you are going to use Vista print I would suggest signing up then waiting a few days, they bombard you with emails offering you all sorts of deals and you can get there premium stuff for free (except postage) and you can use your own logos and designs.

tko lawn care
04-04-2009, 07:49 AM
hi everyone,
i have used vista for alot of my advertising,including business cards,car door magnets,and hats,you cant go wrong.i got 2000 business cards and 2 car door magnets for $100 delivered,i definately recommend giving them a go.

Christine Wharton
07-04-2009, 01:22 AM
We've used Vista print for a few items - I would recommend them for the paper products but the magnets are a bit so-so, grip wise. Once you've given them your logo you can make everything very personalised and develop a corporate image if you want :)
Cheers

simo
07-04-2009, 07:26 AM
I got a 100 free bis cards done from vista but find the writing very small hard to read for the oldies, but other than that there good..

administrator
08-04-2009, 03:54 AM
Vista print is Australian right guys lol

yes i know couldnt resist

geoff
10-04-2009, 07:48 PM
anyone received their 900 bucks from the man yet...i dont know one person yet

MikeS
16-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Got my $900 this morning :cheer:

administrator
16-04-2009, 09:04 AM
How Nice of the Government to give away dollars .

I guess special times need special ways of getting the economy moving .

i would like to take the time to say thankyou

Thankyou

Islandhead
16-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Have just had the previous owners cheques delivered... Will send them onto them asap

Had a look at the government website and it looks like I might be eligible for a cheque too :clap: :clap: :clap: although I won't count my chickens until they've hatched ;)

Kim
16-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Still waiting........................................... ........ :(

Bluey
16-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Have just had the previous owners cheques delivered... Will send them onto them asap

Had a look at the government website and it looks like I might be eligible for a cheque too :clap: :clap: :clap: although I won't count my chickens until they've hatched ;)

Why not mate.....they are sending them to Greece. You have moved here and made your home here and pay tax here. Not like some of the recipients of Kevins Kash

geoff
17-04-2009, 08:29 AM
luck turning kevs money for both of us :bike: :bike: :clap: :clap: :cheer: :cheer: geez and we just put our tax in at the start of march , pretty cool

DavidS
22-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Got mine this morning, new mower on its way

administrator
22-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Apparently cheques are being sent out over a 6 week period so kim hopefully yours will be in your hot little hand soon .

ian
22-04-2009, 10:26 PM
either that or your accountant has already got it and spent it :)

Kim
24-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Yey I got it today and my rotweilers both have 2 brand new coats for winter, husband got a carton of beer and I will decide what to do with the rest later.

BLACK BEAR
24-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Wife got hers today :aus-flag: , but i think the accountant may be sitting on mine :rolleyes:
What are rotties doing with coats Kim? :i dunno: I thought they only made em for cute lil fluffy dogs :p

SouthCoast Walker
24-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Got mine today too ;frosty;

Kim
26-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Wife got hers today :aus-flag: , but i think the accountant may be sitting on mine :rolleyes:
What are rotties doing with coats Kim? :i dunno: I thought they only made em for cute lil fluffy dogs :p

They both have arthritis :sad: , poor things so I like to keep them warm. Most big dogs are prone to get hip problems and unfortunately both mine have had it from pups but I keep it under control with a natural diet of fish oils and glucosamine, they have been doing well for 5 years now (pain free) but they really feel it in the colder weather. Yeah people laugh when they see two big supposedly aggressive dogs with poofy coats on but when I explain they understand.

BLACK BEAR
26-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Sorry Kim, good to hear its under control. I have a 6 y.o little fella of 60kg's who is prob 5 kgs overweight so i am aware of the probs he soon may encounter. I have used fish oil in his diet since very young so hope this will help. Is the glucosamine just the normal stuff you get for humans???

Mrs HMS
26-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Our beautiful Rotti (who has sadly gone to the big park in the sky now) lived to a ripe old age of 11. She was 10 when she had her first litter (not our choice, blame the golden retriever at the neighbours - it's amazing what they can manage to do through a broken fence pailing).

She was about 50kg and had two knee reconstructions, did the first one then blew the second one due to the stress of supporting all her weight while recovering from the first.

I had to give her daily cartrophin injections and she had shocking arthritis at the end, broke my heart watching her struggle to stand up. She was the most beautiful dog, thought she was human.

geoff
27-04-2009, 10:44 PM
we received our 900 in the bank last week , got a call from ato and said they have cheques do the want us to send them to your accountant or to our address....we said but we have already received mr Rudds money ,ATO agent said sorry but the cheques have been drwn and will send to us....so i guess if they force us i suppose we wil have to spend it again :i dunno:

Kim
03-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Sorry Kim, good to hear its under control. I have a 6 y.o little fella of 60kg's who is prob 5 kgs overweight so i am aware of the probs he soon may encounter. I have used fish oil in his diet since very young so hope this will help. Is the glucosamine just the normal stuff you get for humans???

Sorry so long for the response I missed the post, yes it is the normal glucosamine from the chemist, a teaspoon of that a day and a mixture of cod liver, and vege oil (only 1 part vege oil to 5 parts cod liver) a day, just mix with their biscuits, they don't like it at first, but soon get used to it, I also give them the oil from the salmon tins that we eat, this has kept me from putting them down so far so good as the larger dog "Stella Bella' used to limp terribly until I put her on this and now she is good, if I see that she starts to limp a little I give her some MSM powder.

BLACK BEAR
04-05-2009, 08:47 PM
:aus-flag: Got my cheque today :clap: :clap: :clap:
My brothers came to my address too :laughing: his just has an extra letter A (as middle name) :rolleyes: I wonder if it will be ok in my account too :cool:

BLACK BEAR
04-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey Geoff, did you end up with a Double Dip :russ:
:aus-flag: It can still be called the 'Lucky Country' :aus-flag:

Just Love Gardening
06-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Hey ,
Maybe I'm the first one , Yeah we got ours.
:aus-flag:

ian
26-10-2009, 10:18 PM
wish he'd give me another lot