PDA

View Full Version : lawn mower choice

whitsundaytattoo
31-05-2004, 04:46 PM
I am in the market for a new lawn mower. Most of the contactors around here use honda self propeld. I thought I saw another brand advertised on this sight but cant seem to find it again. I'm after self propeld. Any other sugestions besides honda

THEONE
31-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Yes its aerians excellent model bought it of indy it has one more accessorie side throw found honda selve propelled is great for maintenance lawns but cant do much else

Gavsmown
31-05-2004, 04:52 PM
I bought a new Honda self propelled about 3 months ago and very happy with it they are expensive but good, talk to Dean he can be of help !

Cheers

Gav

Gofa
01-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Have a look at the Rover 6HP 22" cut. Full width discharge chute is great for thick or wet grass, and it comes with a plug and split con-bar for mulch mowing - the heavy blades however don't give as fine a cut as the honda..

Ebony
01-06-2004, 08:52 AM
Hi whitsunday,

Perhaps the mower you were thinking of was the Ariens 3-in-1 (Side throw, Mulching or Catcher) mower. If this is the case the details for this mower are at www.indmowing.com.au/Ariens_LM21S.htm

I have heard some great comments from people using these mowers.

All the best

Ebony

geejay
14-07-2008, 05:40 PM
any comments on the Airens,3 in 1,from contractors using these machines.

are you using the honda motor?or the other engines available?which is the best engine,honda?

is the change from catch to mulch efficient and realiable,and to side shoot.

anyone using the electric start?

does the mulch option work well on winter wet grass of a maintance lawn,not long?

any comments would be apprecaited.

Just Love Gardening
17-07-2008, 01:59 AM
I know you have said , what else apart from Honda . Ive used Briggs and Stratton motors, Victas, and found that the engine life lasted only 12 months in a contractors use . I'm using a Honda motor now and it hasn't stopped in 2 years now . Service has been the same on all of them , but the reliability seems to go with my last choice . When I first started out I was on a tight budget , although in hindsight now I'm way in front.

Cheers and good luck

geejay
18-07-2008, 01:43 PM
had a look at the areins range today at the wholesaler,interesting machines,pivot wheels,mulch,side shoot,catcher,honda GCV160 5.5.hp,the catcher bag has wheels on and handle like a luggage bag,gimicky and cumbersome,us import...........

the supaswift,comercial mower looks tough,free flowing arch would be good for wet winter grass,has a Honda GLV160 5.5hp, compact tough,simple, machine for hard yakka work....

administrator
18-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Many modifications have to be made to cut low with an aerians as the American customer likes there lawn cut at a 3 to 4 inch height .

geejay
18-07-2008, 05:38 PM
useful modifcation on how the cut height can be adjusted to lower the left or right side to get a even cut on a slope.

the pivot wheels in front would make tight turns around trees,on cut turns a breeze ,no sliding of wheels..............

the cutting blade is a monster...............