PDA

View Full Version : Re: advice needed

tree beard
05-04-2009, 08:59 PM
do you mean that the plug looks ok or you have checked it has a spark???

If you havent pull the plug lead off stick a screw driver in it and rest the exposed bit of the screw driver near a metalic part of the motor and get your off sider to pull the engine over (make sure the switch is on) If ther is a spark great move on to fuel, if not move on to your favourite workshop ;)

BLACK BEAR
05-04-2009, 09:22 PM
:i dunno: I have a kawasaki w/s that just had a major o/haul and worked maybe 10 hrs since that. It cuts out abruptly on occasions and did so last time when i knocked it on a tree while working. Since then it has stopped working altogether and I'm almost sure it is an electrical problem. When trying to start it does not even sound as if its gunna tick over. Checked plug = ok. How do i check all other electrical components and also wiring :i dunno:

Fred's mowing
05-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Sounds like an elec prob but if the plugs working fine I kinda doubt it as its at the end of the line, maybe the sparkplug cap was loose :i dunno: .
Cheers Dean.

administrator
06-04-2009, 05:16 PM
could be the magneto is stuffed

mowjoman
08-04-2009, 05:46 AM
My Kawasaki had this problem a little while ago...The sparkplug cablle sits on top of the engine right. So when I was using it my arm was rubbing over it contantly. To a point were the metal coupling inside that connects over the top of the plug had spread, and with the vibration would pop off and snip would cut out.I cable tied the rubber cover down which stopped it coming off but because the metal couple inside had spread it would cut out still.
So a pair of pointy nose pliers I squash it in a bit now is good.
Might be worth a check. :wave-hi:

BLACK BEAR
08-04-2009, 09:35 PM
thanks for your help everyone , will have a play around with it over the long w/end :dean: :i dunno: