PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

Alex Callaghan
20-09-2004, 05:47 PM
1/ Dose anybody know where I can get a good lumbar suport cusion? An inflatable type one would be the shot (if they exist?)
I only need a little bit of extra lumbar support in the ute but for long stints on a Z I reackon I'm gunna need more. It's mainly the Z seat (It's $hit for long hauls!)
I looked at a "CAB" suspension seat to fit to the Zs but they're bloody expencive and some lumbar support would really help with long days in the saddel until I can afford a really good air and dial in ya wieght suspension seat.

2/ Anybody know where I can get thoses rubbish picka'up'eras.
Ya know?..............Those ABS plastic things with a thing you pull that closes a claw thing to pick stuff up with!

Cheers

screwdriverphillips
20-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Alex
Try A Clark Rubber store I got a lumbar cushion for my ute and makes a big difference.They cost about $30
Regrds Screwdriverphillips
Ezy Mowing

mojo111
20-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Anybody know where I can get thoses rubbish picka'up'eras.
Ya know?..............Those ABS plastic things with a thing you pull that closes a claw thing to pick stuff up with!

Crazy Clark's----Silly Solly's I'm sure I've seen them there??

Now the cushion??-----Camping stores have a wide selection check em out. cheers

Alex Callaghan
20-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Cheers guys I'll go and have a look at some of those places.

Might go and see if FDB's (Fair Dinkum Bargins) has a rubbish picker'up'era. Kinda Like crazy clarks I think!?

I'll check out clarks rubber next time I'm in Ballina for a lumbar support cushion.

Cheers.

mick
21-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Cant help with the lumbar support but I can help you with the picker upper thing!

I got this from....
Total Supply Solutions
14 Northview St
Mermaid Beach

Cant remember how much but it wasnt cheap. It can pick up a brick or a rock though!

Rod
21-09-2004, 05:50 AM
Alex,

Ring a Chiropractor, they should be able to point you towards a lumbar support.

Mick,

The litter pick up tool in the picture are not the best on the market. The rubber cups at the end are the first to go. There are better brands (dearer) on the market that last 10 times longer.
I use have that same one got sick repairing/modifying it.

mick
21-09-2004, 09:32 AM
Rod, there were other brands at the shop but this one was better at picking heavier stuff than the others. It also looked to have a stronger construction. I havnet used it out in the field yet so dont know how long it will last. One of the reasons I got it was because I could replace the cups if anything happened to them. The others had 2 plastic fingers and if one of them broke, that would be the end of it!

great_outdoors
21-09-2004, 01:14 PM
A lot of auto shops would sell lumbar support round the seat cover area. They should have a wide variety if it is a bigger store like an autobarn or a super cheap autos.

Your rubbish picker er upper, if you really struggle to find one try a chemist that sell stuff for older people. They normally sell them so the oldies don't have to bend over to pick stuff up off the floor but it won't pick up really heavy stuff.

Cheers :Rain:

Topcat
21-09-2004, 11:21 PM
One of them could be handy- some clients have kids home for the holidays........ :laughing: