PDA

View Full Version : Tenders

mick
23-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Just for future information,

Whats involved in submitting a Tender?
What kind of info is asked and needed to be answered?
How are they worded?

Does anyone have a Template they use for Tenders?

Basically I want to know, for future reference all tips etc on these things!

So come on guys/gals. Give it! haaa :wave-hi:

Tonyr
23-09-2004, 09:19 PM
Wish ya had a bloody fax, I could send you the complete tender from the prison...bumma!

mojo111
23-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Wish ya had a bloody fax, I could send you the complete tender from the prison...bumma!

WATCH DOIN THERE TONY :confused: ;frosty; :who-knows LOL

Tonyr
23-09-2004, 09:31 PM
What do you mean?

I was talking about a tender I put in to go grounds maintenance at the maryborough prison early this year, i lost obviously.
the paper work is good....

Want extreme misuse of resources, apply for a q-link tender, the process is bs!

Stuie
23-09-2004, 09:36 PM

Yeh Tony what were you doing in the BIG HOUSE Scare a little kid with your big red mower! LOL LOL :laughing:

Shame you didnt get that tender woulda been good for ya Next year huh!

mojo111
23-09-2004, 09:39 PM
What do you mean?

I was talking about a tender I put in to go grounds maintenance at the maryborough prison early this year, i lost obviously.
the paper work is good....

Want extreme misuse of resources, apply for a q-link tender, the process is bs!

Just playin with ra ;frosty; ;) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tonyr
23-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Yeah, really thought i'd get it...i was doing the work on work orders last year, so knew exactly how long things took. the guy who won it wasn't even at the walk through, sent his brother, they just threw in a cheapie to get it and got it, they openly tell people they have most gov work tied up, go in cheap and make it up in volumn.....can't compete and survive with guys like that.

no worries.....i'll get it next time, if i bother to want it lol.

Stuie
23-09-2004, 09:47 PM
[won it wasn't even at the walk through, sent his brother, they just threw in a cheapie to get it and got it, they openly tell people they have most gov work tied up, go in cheap and make it up in volumn.....can't compete and survive with guys like that.

Dosent seem right killing yourself on many jobs or working hard on fewer and making the same money or perhaps even making money.Bet if they did their figures properly they would find they arnt in a good position.

APS_QLD
23-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Going in cheap is one thing ...surviving to make a living is another unless they ripping off the employees or not paying award wages etc etc.

Been there ..... not worth trying to beat them they will fall soon enough. I guess the only bonus is if there are extras that you would get from it?

Brian

Tonyr
23-09-2004, 10:10 PM
they are or were a sizable outfit, big truck ets, walkers , toros etc, apparently they sold off their residential run, and now just do contracts, more reliable income i guess, better life, saves wasting lots of time and money racing after residentials who love to dictate when we service, contracts you can set a solid biz plan on.

i can see their logic, just don't agree with it....obviously they know exactly how lean they can quote to make it work, get it all and still are ahead after expenses etc than running after ressies.

sure with this toro being the biggest bloody thing around here i could play their game, as i can cut an acre faster and cheaper than every bugger here, but why bother, that only stuffs the system, imo. i aim for 60 bucks an acre, top running costs without lease would only be less than 10 an hour, say i pay me 15 an hour, i can cut 2 acres per hour, so lets say i want to lowball like these guys, i can big prices like 12.50 per acre plus lease....
say I wack on another 5 for other biz costs per hour for the sake of this exercise, now at 17.50 per acre.

you reckon they really want to play that game?

Or is this what the biz has come down to??

Slashers won't cut a 800 sq vacant block under 45....

I can cut one in 12 mins, so to prove a point should I charge 12 bucks??

See these guys have had it all for sooo long....but i'm here to enjoy this work and make a good income, i'm not lowering myself to not even beer money just to tie up work.

i like to think i get hired for fair pricing and quality etc, not for being the cheapest lawnwhore in town.

Of course those were just play numbers, don't try to disect them to make sense of my biz, just wanted to throw some thoughts out there....thats all.

Rod
24-09-2004, 06:40 AM
Mick,

I have all the required tender templates. Just add the info to the blanks and off you go.

If you want them I can email them to you.

Rod

APS_QLD
24-09-2004, 06:47 AM
I understand where your coming from Tony. I am still getting over $1.00 a minute, while i think that is fair i cannot see me charging that to some of my customers unless i have a ride on :i dunno: am considering leasing one but to make it pay i want more work for the ride on. Catch 22 at the moment.

I get a much better rate when brushcutting because no one else wants it. Also my gardening work pulls in some good monies.

So where to from here Tony one must cover the outlay on equipment.

Brian

Tonyr
24-09-2004, 08:53 AM
Yeah Brian,

I know what ya mean, the ol' catch 22....

if you haven't got the work for a ride on don't get one, find work first. But finding work when ya don't have the rider is the prob. too...dunno....talk to young Rodney above, he has the industry figured out much more than I have.

I'm flat out making sense outa this industry myself so far from being qualified to give serious advice.

mojo111
24-09-2004, 04:00 PM
I understand where your coming from Tony. I am still getting over $1.00 a minute, while i think that is fair i cannot see me charging that to some of my customers unless i have a ride on :i dunno: am considering leasing one but to make it pay i want more work for the ride on. Catch 22 at the moment.

I get a much better rate when brushcutting because no one else wants it. Also my gardening work pulls in some good monies.

So where to from here Tony one must cover the outlay on equipment.

Brian

My lease payment + insurance on the ZTR is equal to only one average rid on job.----- So one a week in the slow times covers the coast. But one a week doesn't happen theres always more.

When I brought my first ride on (rover ranger 30'' cut) I had little work for it, the wife was skeptical of the purchase. I told her if I buy the machine the work will come----- anyway it cost me $1000.00 second hand and It payed for it self in the first 3 weeks ;frosty; . Put out there what ya wont and ya get what ya deserve.

look at the work you do with a pushy and see if there is access to the back yards of at least 43'' If ya can get it through the gap then ya can use one, It doesn't mater if its a 600/800sq yard I still use the ZTR
as much as possible. When I first got the little beast I thought I mite struggle with it on some yards but I now use it on at least 80% of my lawns . When I do quotes now I pick and chose. got room for the ZTR then I'll quote. If its a big yard with no access forget about it or quote high.

To each his own------- but if ya take the leap ya won't regret it
my two cents worth. cheers :wave-hi:

ps: if ya get a Z mower it will cut ya time in half plus.---fit more in a day :laughing:

bradtez
24-09-2004, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=mojo111]My lease payment + insurance on the ZTR is equal to only one average rid on job.----- So one a week in the slow times covers the coast. But one a week doesn't happen theres always more.

When I brought my first ride on (rover ranger 30'' cut) I had little work for it, the wife was skeptical of the purchase. I told her if I buy the machine the work will come----- anyway it cost me $1000.00 second hand and It payed for it self in the first 3 weeks ;frosty; . Put out there what ya wont and ya get what ya deserve.

Mojo,

My missus was also VERY worried about the outlay on the new Dingo. The way we are going, 14 months and it will have paid itself off. You really have to speculate to accumulate IMO.
Better to buy equipment than give it to the Taxman :dean:

Brad

mojo111
24-09-2004, 11:17 PM
Mojo,

My missus was also VERY worried about the outlay on the new Dingo. The way we are going, 14 months and it will have paid itself off. You really have to speculate to accumulate IMO.
Better to buy equipment than give it to the Taxman :dean:

Brad[/QUOTE]

My lease is a lease buy, 100% tax rite off .In fact I've not had to pay tax for years. I love my accountant! :ebony: :laughing: :laughing: shes a winner!